Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remove circles from the portraits, they're distracting.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't like colors that represent 3 stats. I know they are trying to be different but I would still like to see red for might, blue for intelect and some other color for speed.

Prime Junta

Really cool look and feel. Rich and imaginative and also gently references PS:T in some of the visual ways -- the domes, spikes, and such.

Movement is still sluggish and animations lurchy, like everyone was drunk. But hey, very early days.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One of the things that was interesting is when you examine an object in the dialog window you usually get the option of doing so again. Sometimes this actually produces results, sometimes not. Though that obviously incentivizes the behavior of just mashing it twice every time.
My notice: when you examine/ask about something for the first time you get a vast description/answer and after the second try you get the same info in one brief sentence, which sums up the text from first attempt. It's not always working this way, not in the cases when the second try gives you a new option to see or get something.

Prime Junta

I couldn't find any way to use any of the objects I scavenged...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey SniperHF, did you get sent an email or anything? Is there any other message other than what's on the updated website (like on Steam or the Torment forums or whatever)?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Hey SniperHF, did you get sent an email or anything? Is there any other message other than what's on the updated website (like on Steam or the Torment forums or whatever)?
It's an email from inXile, not a KS update. I got one too.

Dear Alpha Systems Testers,

Two weeks ago we launched the first Alpha System Test, called A0, to you, our backers whose reward selection (or add-on) contained AST access. We hope you enjoyed your first look at the game, and thank you for both your generous support and insightful feedback!

Now, we are ready to launch the second AST, called B0, as well as an update to A0 based on your feedback, the new version called A1. B0 contains a short segment from very early in the game, meant to illustrate exploration gameplay and basic interactions with companions. Our intent is to gather feedback on the look and feel of this area and the basic exploration gameplay.

If you already activated your AST on Steam, this second release will download automatically on default Steam settings. If it does not download, check your Update settings by right-clicking Torment: Tides of Numenera – Alpha Systems Test in your Steam library and going to the "Updates" tab.

If you have not claimed your AST Steam key: please your Rewards page on the Torment site and click the "Manage Keys" button you find there: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private/rewards

Before you play, you may wish to read our B0 Release Notes, which contains detailed information about B0 as well as A1. This will also help you give us better feedback since you will have some better understanding of the state of the B0 release. You can find that here: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/backer-information/ast-b0-release-notes

For more information on the Torment AST in general, please visit our Torment AST FAQ, which answers many general questions about the AST: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/backer-information/ast-faq

Last, if you would like to take part in the discussion around the Torment AST or share your feedback, we invite you to visit our forums and UserVoice pages:

Forums: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=46
UserVoice (requires Torment login): https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/281818-ast-forum

Thank you for your generous support, and we hope you enjoy this exclusive first chance to play Torment and provide us with your feedback.

Thank you,
Thomas Beekers – inXile Associate Producer
inXile Entertainment

SniperHF

Arcane
Thanks StaticSpine!

Another question - what is Callistege? I want to try to match her to the list of known companions: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-go-to-new-thread.79051/page-398#post-3968536

Closest one:

• A nano who toyed with the fabric of space one too many times and now lives a fractured existence, living parallel lives in multiple universes and timestreams all at once

The dialog says :
Q: Who are all these echos of you?

A: They are me, we are apart of each other. Sisters across infinite realities. We share our experiences.....and power. What is that old saying? That experiences brings wisdom? I must be the wisest person in Saugus Cliffs...The wisest across countless words.

Multiple universes = countless worlds?

You can't use anything at the moment, they haven't activated the inventory.

You can definitely use the crystal shard, it's just a dialog choice.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Probably
A nano who toyed with the fabric of space one too many times and now lives a fractured existence, living parallel lives in multiple universes and timestreams all at once.
The only one that makes sense to me.

Also, the first alpha ran good for me. This second one runs like a slide show.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aha, thanks. I should have known that my assumption of male gender for the nano was incorrect.

Athelas

Arcane
A female magic user (or the Numeneran equivalent thereof, a nano) whose existence is spread out over multiple universes, like the branches of a great tree...

What does that remind me of? :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
A female magic user (or the Numeneran equivalent thereof, a nano) whose existence is spread out over multiple universes, like the branches of a great tree...

urmom

she's so fat she spreads all over the multiverse

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
uh-oh, just noticed that i've been typing in the wrong password for my torment account when submitting feedback, i wonder if they actually got it...

Also, there's a very major UI bug in Windows 10. It breaks the explorer display on whatever monitor you're playing the game on, even just opening and closing Torment results in you having to forcefully restart Windows Explorer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Would be nice if we could learn who wrote her.

Right now people are kind of assuming that MCA and Rothfuss' companions are the two we don't know about, though I'm not sure that's true.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Sounds like schizophrenia would be a side effect of her condition, or is it a mental affliction if it is occuring in another universe? What does she call herself? We, me, us etc? Sounds potentially interesting to me. Could create a character like the Paranoid Incarnation and his urge to differentiate the me from the us.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't like her hair, it looks like bubblegum or something. She kinda looks like a doll, I wonder if it's intentional.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Sounds like schizophrenia would be a side effect of her condition, or is it a mental affliction if it is occuring in another universe? What does she call herself? We, me, us etc? Sounds potentially interesting to me. Could create a character like the Paranoid Incarnation and his urge to differentiate the me from the us.
She calls her other personalities "my sisters".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom