Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gulnar

Scholar
Actually, from what i remember - if i remember correctly, which isn't much, since my memory is ridden with those memories about a giant shadowy figure goading me into installing World of Warcraft and enjoing it - wasn't the Vancian system born in a pseudo-sci-fi with nanotech setting? Where each spell/miracle was a program that you could run once efore 'reloading' it?

Kirtai

Augur
Yep, it was named after Jack Vance

Edit: Hmm, thinking about it, different esoteries could work completely differently. Think of the different power and maintenance requirements of current tech.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just noticed turn based and phase based both have a good number of votes and no one has even suggested real time*. Incline of kickstarter backers?

*other than one guy suggesting a dual system.

Edit: also people are really worried about time limits, which seems like an odd concern to me, but whatever.

Edit 2: I just submitted an idea about the use of language https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...that-speak-a-language-the-pc-can-t-understand

Hah, I just went to kicktraq, and then clicked on one item in their "Latest News" column. And what did I see?

Can't decide whether this is a very inept trolling, or a very inept journalism.

Zeriel

Arcane
I guess Ultima folks only end up either crazy fucking millionaires or stupid fucking morons.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

GeneralBritish-RichardGarriott--screenshot_large.jpg

hiver

Well drat... seems like Formspring is closing down. I guess everyone who have an account got the notification.

LeJosh

Savant
Backed this on day one, really hope it has awkward scissoring romances, if it don't it will ruin my boner imurshun.

hiver

well, i managed to get this:

hiver - I believe the plan is backers-only, yes, though Kevin/Brian might have a different perspective. From my angle, though: why would we let someone who didn't care enough about the project to pledge have a voice in its development?
As for Rothfuss: My prey shall not elude me. Not for long.

It seems we need to have a word with mr. Kevin.
But im loathe to put Colin in any trouble... although, it is public anyway so... i dont know.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's regarding combat? I thought Kevin had been pretty explicit even before the Kickstarter that the plan was to engage backers in on it.

hiver

Yup. that was the deal we signed up for.

maybe .. you could clarify?

I mean, Colin only said they may have a different perspective on it. Not that its something they already decided.
And, why not use that to draw more backers in anyway?

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
Yup. that was the deal we signed up for.

maybe .. you could clarify?

I mean, Colin only said they may have a different perspective on it. Not that its something they already decided.
And, why not use that to draw more backers in anyway?

All I mean is that to my understanding, we are saying only backers at this point. I'm not the person who makes the business decisions, though, and I don't want to speak for the people who are.

So yes, part of the appeal of backing is to have a voice in the development process. I believe that's Brian's perspective, but again - I don't want to put words in his mouth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom