Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Brian Fargo ‏@BrianFargo
Update on PayPal Totals for Torment: $69,515. Yes we count this money towards stretch goals though it's exciting to watch the KS ticker.

backers
$2,720,796
pledged of $900,000 goal
days to go

Total: $2,790,311

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...uggestions/3742820-bring-chris-avellone-back?

Bring Chris Avellone Back

With a certain amount of cash/stretch goal reached, would it be possible to bring Chris Avellone back to help out on this game?
If so, do it, it would make MANY fans of Planescape beyond excited

considering · TormentAdminTorment (Dev Team, Torment Website) responded · Mar 18, 2013

We would love to have Chris too, but he is a very (very, very, VERY) busy man.

Translation : We'll bring him in for the 4m goal.

What will actually happen: MCA, while visiting inexile for some W2 business, will find some time to bless the Torment team with his Divine Rod and then go back to his very (very, very, VERY) busy schedule.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Colin McComb and Kevin Saunders of inXile were kind enough to chat with me about the upcoming game, Torment: Tides of Numenera. We laughed and we cried. So join me as we dive into the Tides.
CoG – You've both had a pretty interesting trajectory in your career paths.

Kevin – Yes we have. We joke that even though Avellone isn't involved in this project , he’s sort of the puppet master behind it because he introduced both Colin and I to Brian.

Cog- Dance for me puppets!

Kevin – Ha! That’s Right!

Colin- He’s sneakier than we know…
MCA the god emperor, sitting on this thrown, pulling the strings of incline.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...uggestions/3742820-bring-chris-avellone-back?

With a certain amount of cash/stretch goal reached, would it be possible to bring Chris Avellone back to help out on this game?

considering · TormentAdminTorment (Dev Team, Torment Website) responded · Mar 18, 2013

What will actually happen: MCA, while visiting inexile for some W2 business, will find some time to bless the Torment team with his Divine Rod and then go back to his very (very, very, VERY) busy schedule.
Considering??

Interdasting...but don't forget there might also be a 2D stretch goal at that point.

Rake

Arcane

Considering??

Interdasting...but don't forget there might also be a 2D stretch goal at that point.
It better be before 4M$. I won't wait that long... :rpgcodex:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You guys haven't noticed yet that the "considering" tag is used pretty liberally? Y'all seem to take it very seriously.

Rake

Arcane
I noticed. Sometimes it seems that the "considering" tag is just a way to say, "we read it, now shut up".

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I noticed. Sometimes it seems that the "considering" tag is just a way to say, "we read it, now shut up".
More or less. I mean I'm not involved in the UserVoice so I don't know the exact rules, but from what I can tell "planned" means "this was already in our design documentation", "not planned" is "this is opposite to our vision". "Considering" just means "we saw this and some of it might make sense for us", not necessarily "we are actively considering/pursuing this idea". Hell, it can even mean "sure we'd love to but it's probably just not possible", as with Chris Avellone.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More or less. I mean I'm not involved in the UserVoice so I don't know the exact rules, but from what I can tell "planned" means "this was already in our design documentation", "not planned" is "this is opposite to our vision". "Considering" just means "we saw this and some of it might make sense for us", not necessarily "we are actively considering/pursuing this idea". Hell, it can even mean "sure we'd love to but it's probably just not possible", as with Chris Avellone.

It's not that simple. There's also "Will do" and "won't do" which are even more definitive than "Planned" and "Not planned". I'm not sure if all of you guys are using these tags properly, though.

norolim

Arcane
it doesn't seem that at all. It is that. Everything they don't want to say NO to at this stage is labeled with the Considering tag. It's good tactics.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I more-or-less agree with Brother None's assessment. "Planned" means that it's happening, either because it was already part of the design documentation, or because they're certain they'll include it. "Considering" means "maybe/probably/possibly but perhaps not", depending. "Not planned" means "This game is not designed with bronies and Biodrones in mind, please fuck off".

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I more-or-less agree with Brother None's assessment. "Planned" means that it's happening, either because it was already part of the design documentation, or because they're certain they'll include it. "Considering" means "maybe/probably/possibly but perhaps not", depending. "Not planned" means "This game is not designed with bronies and Biodrones in mind, please fuck off".

Why don't we just get the answers from the people doing the replying?

jewboy

Arbiter
As far as the deletion of old threads, I searched for my old posts and it only went back to 2010, but maybe it was just my posts that were deleted. I'll go search for some old TB vs RTwP discussions though. See if I can find some ammo.

RTwP is going to win anyway, but at least we can put up a fight. Even if RTwP wasn't actually more popular it's a divide and conquer situation with phase based being thrown into the mix. There are basically 2 camps, but one of the camps has 2 options.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
As far as the deletion of old threads, I searched for my old posts and it only went back to 2010, but maybe it was just my posts that were deleted. I'll go search for some old TB vs RTwP discussions though. See if I can find some ammo.

Look carefully at your search results. There's an option to go back further at the bottom.

RTwP is going to win anyway, but at least we can put up a fight. Even if RTwP wasn't actually more popular it's a divide and conquer situation with phase based being thrown into the mix. There are basically 2 camps, but one of the camps has 2 options.

Ah, but nobody said it would be a three way vote. Or that RTwP would win if it got a plurality instead of an absolute majority.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
TORMENT Kickstarter closing party!

inXile entertainment is currently planning for our Torment Kickstarter closing party for the afternoon of Friday April 5th. We thought it would be nice to see if some of our Kickstarter backers wanted to join us. Since we are located in Newport Beach and our backers are all over the world, we didn’t know how many of you would be able to show up to a party in the middle of the day, on a Friday, in Orange County California. I am not sure if we need 50 invites or 500… We will do actual an RSVP later, we just need a general idea now. Please leave a comment if you would be there.
If only I had a visa and a few thousand potato spare :(

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Because in many cases, they don't want to commit to anything concrete too early. As soon as they label a feature or idea "Will do," if they happen change their minds later, dweebs will climb through the Internet to slit their throats. You know it, I know it, and they know it.

It's frustrating, but you'll just have to be patient.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

Because in many cases, they don't want to commit to anything concrete too early. As soon as they label a feature or idea "Will do," if they happen change their minds later, dweebs will climb through the Internet to slit their throats. You know it, I know it, and they know it.

It's frustrating, but you'll just have to be patient.

No, I meant, why don't we get the answers from them about what those tags mean? Considering, Will Do, Planned, etc.

Raapys

Arcane
Isn't it rather obvious?

Will do - Definitely makes it into the game
Planned - Probably makes it into the game, unless something unforeseen happens
Considering - Interesting, but probably won't make it into the game unless we get an abundance of time/resources/whatever

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
No, I meant, why don't we get the answers from them about what those tags mean? Considering, Will Do, Planned, etc.

But you already got an answer from
brothernonesmileysmalehu07.png
. :troll:

The terms are self-explanatory, though slightly ambiguous. If you want a precise definition of each, maybe you should Tweet someone at inXile or something.

hiver

There was a bit of a clarification on "considering" yesterday, i think.
That one means they are considering it.

:salute:

:lol:

-edit-
It also means they took that suggestion, moved it into a document that is shared by the team and all further updates, worthy updates in that thread are added to that particular document.
Its pre-production time people. 9 months of it.

-of course... i might have just hallucinated this last part-

Adam Heine

Arcane
Developer

*yawn* Because I was sleeping.

Seriously, I've been doing most of the forum replying lately (I wasn't always, but I am at the moment, and probably will be until I go whining to Kevin, "It's too much work! Make Brother None do it!").

Broadly speaking, your interpretations are correct:

WILL DO = Absolutely will do. (These are usually the things we had in our vision doc to begin with)
PLANNED = Almost certainly will do, but we're in pre-production, so you never know.
CONSIDERING = We have read this idea and it's worth talking about. (Or, like in the case of the MCA idea, it means, "We want this too, but, you know.")
NOT PLANNED = Almost certainly won't do.
WON'T DO = Absolutely won't do. (Again, usually from our vision doc)

So CONSIDERING basically means "not no" (sometimes with a comment to clarify what, exactly, we're considering). For Stretch Goals, it usually means someone in the chain is considering it. For Game Ideas, Colin and Kevin and I will probably look through all the ideas after the KS campaign is over and see what we can/should use.

There are a LOT of good ideas in there, and it's hard to keep up with them all. So sorry if the system isn't perfect.:M

(I kinda love that parrot).

Murk

Arcane
Increase in developer presence is much appreciated, thank you guys/gals/both (all of you [both from inXile and from other development groups]) for your time and open communication.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Now that I got my paycheck, it's time to contribute to the furthering of incline. :salute:

I wish I could transfer what I gave for PE to TToN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom