Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

norolim

Arcane

hiver

yeah, sure...like Vince doesnt have anything better to do then post such shit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's not me but I endorse this idea.
Our Vault Dweller knows what he's doing and I have faith in his suggested design improvements to Torment.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Vault Dweller isn't exactly the most original name in the entire universe. It's simply an homage to Fallout/Fallout 2. I'm sure Blaine is taken on some other forum, somewhere.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vault Dweller isn't exactly the most original name in the entire universe. It's simply an homage to Fallout/Fallout 2. I'm sure Blaine is taken on some other forum, somewhere.

No, you don't get it, that teleport/quick travel suggestion is a direct parody of Age of Decadence.

Anybody wanna fess up? :lol:

Rake

Arcane
Why did you make me go to Torment forums?
I just saw some dumbfucks saying that first person view is better than isometric, bring Witcher 2 in the argument 2D vs 3D and asking inXile to use CryEngine 3 :stupid:

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...uggestions/3759764-ability-to-trade-knowledge

In a game setting where success often seems to hinge on understanding ancient and strange technology, the knowledge regarding this technology should be very valuable.
It would be nice and immersive to have knowledge available as a valuable commodity, where you could buy and sell it accordingly.
Possibly have a section of your journal that is devoted to world knowledge, such that whenever you learn something new about an object, creature or place it would update accordingly.
Trading maps would also be nice
For a more general discussion of economy and trade see:
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...ons/3756599-money-value-bartering-and-trading
:greatjob:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I rather like this one: https://torment.uservoice.com/forums/197950-game-ideas/suggestions/3751191-multiple-villains

Multiple Villains

Nothing is more vanilla than when you have just the one villain throughout the game. I believe stories are best when there are multiple villains, each with a different motive, personality, and plan for achieving their goal. They should interact and aid or disrupt the plans of the other villains either knowingly or not knowingly. For example you my have an extremely civilized strategic villain who is always working behind the scenes and has a backup plan so you never know whether you have won or whether you are just a pawn in a bigger plot e.g. Moriarty, compared to a psychotic villain who is extremely powerful generally acts alone, completely chaotic and does minimal planning e.g. Villain out of highlander etc. Etc.

I like plots that have multiple antagonist factions who fight each other as often as they fight you. It was one of the good things about NWN2 OC.

Project: Eternity
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...uggestions/3759764-ability-to-trade-knowledge

In a game setting where success often seems to hinge on understanding ancient and strange technology, the knowledge regarding this technology should be very valuable.
It would be nice and immersive to have knowledge available as a valuable commodity, where you could buy and sell it accordingly.
Possibly have a section of your journal that is devoted to world knowledge, such that whenever you learn something new about an object, creature or place it would update accordingly.
Trading maps would also be nice
For a more general discussion of economy and trade see:
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...ons/3756599-money-value-bartering-and-trading
:greatjob:
One of post singularity RPG systems I've played(BLAM!) used memories/knowledge as basic currency.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Hiver wants us to FIGHT FOR INCLINE by submitting lots of suggestions and comments to the UserVoice forum, I guess.

What he doesn't realize is that it's mostly redundant, since the inXile staff are watching this thread and are quite aware of what the Codex wants.

hiver

According to infinitron i misunderstand everything that doesnt fit with his theories and preferences.
Which comes down to him not making a single good suggestion but trying to play it safe. While of course he takes easy ego points by posting shallow comments centering around what should not be.

A nice very subtle to make yourself seem always right, eh? And cool.

Havent seen a single post or suggestion about RTwP from you, for example.

What he doesn't realize is that it's mostly redundant, since the inXile staff are watching this thread and are quite aware of what the Codex wants.
Yeah, i have Colin, Ksaun and Adam on ignore infinitron.
Im also blind.

Care to elaborate?
Is that really necessary?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When are we going to get a Codex interview?!! I thought we were the "Prestigious Magazine" on the Interwebz! :obviously: Is there a thread to submit questions floating around that I haven't seen? Is an interview in the works?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
The game is going to have 9 month of pre-production. What is there really we can ask at this current time?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom