Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2zfn5u0.jpg

Dwain%20Dibley.jpg

Kirtai

Augur
LCO is angry and she's not supposed to be a sex symbol.
She's been used and abandoned by as callous jerk who's trailing serious trouble behind him that she's going to have to deal with.

Angry is probably an understatement :D

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've seen such horrors on the nexus that one of my greatest fears is that they will actually listen to the backers. The results would look even more horrible than what I've managed to come up with.

:lol:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I like the original better. But that was amusing Jack. <3
:love:
Aye, I quite like the original. It's so sad to see people clamouring for moar hair, clevage, cuteness and political correctness or whatever just for the sake of it when there's a perfectly fine design already made.

Stockphoto Bioware edition
20idpop.jpg

Looks attractive to me. lol het-men and women-in-favor-of-traditional-gender-roles.

She looks attractive to me too. Definitely would rape her hit it. :D
:bro:

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Joking aside, he's implying he could have done a better job leading Torment then MCA. Way to alienate the codex Guido.
It is not what he implies. He is just angry (maybe a bit butthurt?) that he did not have as much of an influence over Planescape: Torment, as he would have liked. That is all. Whether it'd been for better, we will never know.

Pity, Thorwalla was widely overlooked and dismissed by major press, which is not a big surprise when you look back at it. Not much people recognized him for Torment or older games, and he did not think at all about prior-to-kickstarter marketing campaign (or again nobody gave a fuck from the press). Also his goal was simply unrealistic - which tells a LOT about his "market recognition" etc..

Hasn't he also claimed that his influence on the game was greater than that of MCA and his role was downplayed because as the producer he had to piss people off?

Wikipedia cites this interview, but I don't sprechen ze deutch so I can't tell if that's a fair inference from it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hasn't he also claimed that his influence on the game was greater than that of MCA and his role was downplayed because as the producer he had to piss people off?

Wikipedia cites this interview, but I don't sprechen ze deutch so I can't tell if that's a fair inference from it.
Yes. He was also annoyed by how Interplay's going public meant that they were deadset on getting it out in December 1999 regardless of how it would affect its quality. I imagine (I have a vivid imagination) he blames Fargo for running the company into the ground and putting them in that situation. Furthermore
http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/24/business/fi-32010
Irvine-based Interplay Entertainment Corp., a money-losing developer of video games, filed plans to raise up to $72 million in an initial public stock offering, according to an SEC filing. Proceeds will be used to repay $33.6 million in debts, a $1-million bonus to founder Brian Fargo and $1.5 million to distributor Universal Interactive Studios, according to SEC documents. The company, which has not turned an annual profit since 1995, has a reputation for outrageous marketing campaigns.
"We haven't turned a profit in years but I still get my million dollar bonus,"--Brian Fargo. Having worked for a guy like that, who wouldn't resent him unless it was inconvenient to do so?

hiver

courtesy? me? my dear evdk! and common no less.... :shakes head:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom