Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hiver

I'm aspirationally hoping the game can live up to the words of its creators then be held back by how past games we've all enjoyed do things. Being closer to the words seems easier in 3d then 2d if that's what they were after.

They said doors will open and doors will close based on what the bloom eats, or what happens (as the bloom sits within dimensions) that's a easier one to understand in game terms, I'd rather the doors not there at all then that terrible RPG standby of "THE DOOR IS LOCKED" or "THIS DOOR WILL NOT OPEN" type messages because we haven't done a specific thing. With hope, the door won't actually be there!
Those are not the kind of Doors George was talking about.

He was speaking... metaphorically.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should have made it 4 M.
Well, I am sure they will hit 4 mill, but if they should not, it would have been rather terrible to add him there. And also it is annoying to have stretch-goals that far away - much better with more (even smaller) stretch-goals that you can see are within reach in some days, so you can get excited to boost to get it, and then get a new reward.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Perhaps 4 Mil stretch goal will be "Margaret Weis, Pets, Weather and Airship rental for real cash!!!"

:troll:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Avellone. :love: :love: :love:
That's it, I'm upgrading my pledge from $20 digital download to $125 Boxed Collector's Edition. Fuck money.

EDIT: I expected they were keeping him as a trump card for later stages of the campaign. I wonder if slow progress made them play this card earlier than planned.

jewboy

Arbiter
This was sort of like adding God as a stretch goal. Christ Avellone, our savior, has his hand in many pies.

First, he will be reviewing and providing feedback on all creative elements of the game, including the story, characters, and areas. His input will be invaluable as a resource to Colin in further detailing the creative vision for the game. Second, he’ll be designing and writing an eighth companion for the game, working with Colin and Monte to craft a companion ideal for both Torment and the Ninth World of Numenera.

This is unbelievable. This game could be truly great in a way that may fracture the space-time continuum. In fact I feel like we have switched to a different WorldTrack or Narrative already.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey guise, what's going on in thi-

*sniff sniff*

What is up with the smell?

And why are there used tissues all over the place?

And what is that sound? It's like meat hitting... meat?

:mca:

OH...!

uaciaut

Augur
Kind of saw this coming tbh, i wonder if they meant to keep it as their hidden ace till they saw funding slowing down or not. Either way fantastic news.

On the other hand, with so many writers i'm starting to feel sorry for the team that is actually responsible for turning writing into a real game, seems like they're really gonna have their work cut out for them for a long time

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, only one companion + feedback. I'll hold on to my money for now. But I'll probably upgrade at least to standard boxed before this KS ends, because the game looks really damn sweet so far.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Man Rothfuss sure is an ugly Prosper-looking neckbeard. What a horrible goal. Never read him of course, taking mah girl's word for it.

"take a machete to his dick", eh? For a feminist with a socialconstructivist leaning, you sure have an odd way of going about it. Or, in other words; declarations like that is pretty much the reason we'll never be able to convince the moderates. They see shit like that and run, tail between their moderate legs. Which is why I can't help but think people that say shit like "take a machete to his dick" aren't really that interested in fighting for feminism or the breakdown of social constructs, because if they were, they'd be more concerned about winning the political battles. Instead, they seem more concerned about their own fucking anger and hatred - more about providing an equally idiotic counter-push to idiot chauvinism than about winning and actually getting somewhere.
Lesi would say this is tone argument and that as a man you have no right to tell her how to be a feminist.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
hye hye guys did you know Ave-
*trips over erect dicks and lands in pool of semen*

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man Rothfuss sure is an ugly Prosper-looking neckbeard. What a horrible goal. Never read him of course, taking mah girl's word for it.

"take a machete to his dick", eh? For a feminist with a socialconstructivist leaning, you sure have an odd way of going about it. Or, in other words; declarations like that is pretty much the reason we'll never be able to convince the moderates. They see shit like that and run, tail between their moderate legs. Which is why I can't help but think people that say shit like "take a machete to his dick" aren't really that interested in fighting for feminism or the breakdown of social constructs, because if they were, they'd be more concerned about winning the political battles. Instead, they seem more concerned about their own fucking anger and hatred - more about providing an equally idiotic counter-push to idiot chauvinism than about winning and actually getting somewhere.
Lesi would say this is tone argument and that as a man you have no right to tell her how to be a feminist.

Gonna answer you in a PM so as not to clutter the thread. TL;DR: She has not right to tell me how to be a feminist either, so fuck her and her bullshit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
:drink:

Funny how Avellone is both raking in the dollars and the praise lately. His wife must be walking like she just took a jackhammer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom