Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Man, that looks almost like the World of Tiers...

hiver

Its starting to give me a good vibe. Of Lovecraftian horrors.

A fathom is six feet.
:lol: Not billion years in the future.

and since this is inside your mind, maybe its all relative.
besides, it was taken just as olden term for depth. for atmospheric and style reasons.

Grimlorn

Arcane
how deep...how philosophical.

who knew that stomping Bowser was just the in-game metaphor of a lonely nerd getting his own heart stomped on by his IRL love interests? it just makes you think man, it just makes you think.
Pretty sure Mario Bros. is about a guy eating a lot of shrooms and other drugs who hallucinates a regular guy as a monster (Bowser) who is in fact the bf of the girl (the Princess) he's with. Mario murders "Bowser" who he thinks is a monster to rescue the "Princess" who he thinks is grateful, but ends up actually raping her against her will.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
how deep...how philosophical.

who knew that stomping Bowser was just the in-game metaphor of a lonely nerd getting his own heart stomped on by his IRL love interests? it just makes you think man, it just makes you think.
Pretty sure Mario Bros. is about a guy eating a lot of shrooms and other drugs who hallucinates a regular guy as a monster (Bowser) who is in fact the bf of the girl (the Princess) he's with. Mario murders "Bowser" who he thinks is a monster to rescue the "Princess" who he thinks is grateful, but ends up actually raping her against her will.
BIoshock Infinite spoilers

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watch gonna Watch: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19834

hmm… yeah. That doesn't cut it for me. I liked PS:T's combat/gameplay, but I don't remember the story at all, I think the protagonist was dead or something, and there was a talking skull. That's how much I care about that story fluff

They've mentioned that it is going to be isometric? Shame, I was hoping they'd try to break new grounds.

:declining:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That thread does seem to have spawned some new information though (unless I missed it previously):
As for systems, it'll have an isometric camera. For combat, Adam and Kevin are designing several systems (phase-based, turn-based and RTwP) and will engage backers in which one to use post-funding. There's a set of core goals each of these combat systems will fulfill which makes us more agnostic to which one exactly ends up being used.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Watch gonna Watch: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19834

hmm… yeah. That doesn't cut it for me. I liked PS:T's combat/gameplay, but I don't remember the story at all, I think the protagonist was dead or something, and there was a talking skull. That's how much I care about that story fluff

They've mentioned that it is going to be isometric? Shame, I was hoping they'd try to break new grounds.

:declining:
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the story was awesome, but in my case, it's fluff. Look at it this way, to me the formula to know if I like an RPG game or not is sort of like this:
Score 1-10. Multiply score * weight, add it modifiers.

Story: Weight 1
Music: Weight 0.3
Voice acting: Weight 0.1
Tactical gameplay: Weight 10
(so basically gameplay trumps everything else)

Then of course there are modifiers:
Party based: +25

Turn based: +25
Real time with pause: +10
Real time: 0

Not open world: +10

Multiplayer: -10 (I actually like games less if they have multiplayer, even if I don't use it)

High Fantasy setting: +10
Dark Fantasy setting: +5
Modern setting: -5
Steampunk: -10

Respawning enemies: -25

What can change the nature of an Aspie?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here

What "new grounds"? Did he mean a 3rd person camera like every other crappy modern "RPG"?
2nd person camera. You see the game trough the eyes of the NPCs you meet, so you don't know who you are meeting, only how they respond to you. The game mechanics are centered around this making it a bit of a "who am I?" game, you have to guess who you're talking to but you cannot tell them about your condition since they would take advantage.
nv7d76.jpg

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Missed the first 30mn :(

Any interesting info so far ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom