Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Brother None

I agree. If the last minute goal is good, it would seem like a tease almost or an overly aggressive push for more money. It's more honest to simply say that every buck will go to make the game better and let the already achieved momentum take its course.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm internally pitching this final stretch goal:

"The entire writing team will grow beards that match Patrick Rothfuss' in magnificence."

hiver

Aiming for the sky huh?

:lol:

but sure, seeing how vague most of stretch goals were. its better if you guys just dont say anything anymore.

You might also just close the kickstarter on sunday and call it a day. You have enough, why bother and...risk anything?

Rake

Arcane
It ain't edgy man, that really was kind of how I am sure a lot here felt about that last PE "goal". Yolo, let's do more of everything! WOOHOO!
We want them to do more of everything, sure... but that's a given, and should be. Making it a goal is silly.

But then we get to the wider debate about how stretch goals are silly in the first place- this shouldn't be some kind of marketing contest. But it is because people like that sort of thing and if you want to get the most funding you have to work with the majority of people - individuals who might not pledge if the day 1 goal of the Kickstarter was some kind of staggering, but realistic sum.
Obsidian droped the ball there. The second big sity at 3,5 million was their "big" goal, and everyone at the start was "i want it SO MUCH, but i don't think it will reach that number". Even here. So it was perfect as a strech goal. But P:E had a ridiculous ending spike. I think the biggest of all kickstarted games. aT 4m$ there wasn't anything else to add that it wpould be manageable, the promished game was already bigger than BG2. 15 level dungeon? If you consider that it will have hand crafted encounters and puzzles, it's bigger than the whole of Diablo 1. 2 big cities like Athkatla, a few dungeons like IWD, a few wildrness areas for sure after all it can't be all in the cities. At that point the extra 500000$ was nessesary for them to even meet their goals without an exta one.

imweasel

I'm internally pitching this final stretch goal:

"The entire writing team will grow beards that match Patrick Rothfuss' in magnificence."
heh, that would be great. I can see Brian pimpin' with a beard, that would really unsheathe his pure awesomeness.

hiver

meh, im just pointlessly grumpy bitching... there is the southern wind weather here which makes everyone have headaches and be in a bad mood.
Its been going on for days.
There was the post on uservoice about whether they should keep it more realistic or "aim for the sky" ... or something like it.

Kirtai

Augur
I wonder how much money they'd make if they added dakimakura of the dev team to the physical rewards and who'd be the most popular.

hiver

Instead of some high stretch goal, which may not be achieved, (if it was me and i had something good i would go for it but, whatever), they should at least strengthen these last four days with something.
Preferably by some diverse actual further info on things they nailed down so far.

Fat chance that will happen, of course.
One more update on monday, Patrick Rothfuss talks for two minutes, telling us how he is excited, maybe MCA says something all pale and with drained face, maybe some other such quips.

Since 3.5 is practically secured... I actually wish this last expected surge would make another kickstarter record. As the worst one yet.
Of course, ill be happy if it all works as usual and they got 4 or something over that.

But honestly, thats my personal mood now.
Must be the south wind.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Brian Fargo ‏@BrianFargo3m
You seem quite familiar to me @CAThumb but I can't put my finger on it.

man-shoots-himself-inseje9.gif

Zeriel

Arcane

Diablo169

Arcane
Right then, politely worded e-mail from K Saunders is on it's way to Chris. We get a screenshot on Monday then I assume.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom