Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
What's to worry about? They are an established professional development studio.

If this was some unknown studio, yeah.

BobtheTree

Savant
It's a risk, for sure, but one I'm willing to take given the current abysmal state of industry produced CRPGs.

Rake

Arcane
It is, but that kind of goodwill is easy to burn. If Wasteland 2 sucks, he's done, and he knows that.
I wouldn't worry too much. After all his competition is the AAA RPGs. The bar could no be lower if it tried.

Multi-headed Cow

What is amazing is the amount of support Fargo has gotten before he's delivered on his last kickstarter. The faith is inspiring, but at the same time, worrying.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have pledged on Torment had they not shown that Wasteland 2 video recently. It's so goddamn promising looking that it gave me enough faith in them to let them double dip on Kickstarters.

Then again maybe I would have since I was enough of a dumbfuck to pledge on Shadowrun on a whim (Which is thankfully looking like it's gonna be good. First video of actual gameplay supposedly due on Friday!) and Project Eternity, and we all know that when Obsidian does what Obsidian wants you get Alpha Procotol which even though we all like it THIS MUCH has issues.

6ToXei2.jpg

(i have slight regrets about ftl. i still liked the game well enough but it's nowhere near as good as i hoped it would be. especially since it went so far beyond their goal)
((also kinda glad i didn't go in on dead state since it seems to be vaporware again even though i'd really like it not to be))
(((also also didn't go in on asylum because i still haven't fucking played scratches)))
((((same on dreamfall kickstarter. i collect adventure games on steam but i sure as hell don't play them))))
(((((though i still know adventure games are being made unlike tim schafter god fucking damn it double fine stop being awful)))))

Cynic

Arcane
I'm gonna back this but most likely my gaming days will be far over by the time it gets released, but here's to the incline, alas you came to late for this aging soul...

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
I'm gonna back this but most likely my gaming days will be far over by the time it gets released, but here's to the incline, alas you came to late for this aging soul...
oh you poor thing...did your mom tell you to get a job?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
for how long are they allowed to do this? forever? when was the latest update?

January 3rd

But look at the great updates they provided!
Update 1: We are super-serious you guys and we want positive involvement no negative PR please
Update 2: MAN FUCK THOSE LOSER HATERS YOU SHOULD DONATE JUST TO FUCK WITH THEM
Update 3: we will combine so many genres and defeat every trope it'll be awesome!
Update 4: character creation will be easy you basically just pick your focus (class)

And then nothing.

(and yeah, they can just keep rolling, invested.in seems to be custom-made for scams, no rules or accountability whatsoever)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
$1.5m in a day. Molyneux's certainly aware of this... I wonder if they've got him on suicide watch?

Edit: I am immensely proud that this post is my 1,000th.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not basing it on anything new. Project GODUS earned $800,000 in 30 days, while Torment: Tides earned almost double that in a single day. With an ego the size of Molyneux's, that very obvious lack of enthusiasm for his pet project must sting.

Imagine an aging man who used to get all the girls and still thinks he's the shit, but now only has one ugly fuckbuddy, and gets laid maybe 2-3 times a month. Meanwhile, the frat house a few blocks away has women in heat coming and going (mostly coming, ehehehehehehe I'm so clever) at all hours of the day and night. That's probably an absolutely terrible comparison, but it's pretty much how I'm picturing ol' Pete at the moment.

uaciaut

Augur
Stretch goals seems few and far between, i was expecting something more by this point :<

Multi-headed Cow

Imagine an aging man who used to get all the girls and still thinks he's the shit, but now only has one ugly fuckbuddy, and gets laid maybe 2-3 times a month.
So Molyneux is still ahead of me. YOU'RE KILLING ME HERE BLAINE. :rpgcodex:

Esquilax

Arcane
Imagine an aging man who used to get all the girls and still thinks he's the shit, but now only has one ugly fuckbuddy, and gets laid maybe 2-3 times a month.

I imagine Molyneux as more like Al Bundy in that analogy. He has no respect, and he lays all of his hopes on poorly-realized projects and schemes, all in a desperate attempt to relive the glory that he felt when he scored four touchdowns in one game at Polk High.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Stretch goals seems few and far between, i was expecting something more by this point :<

I suppose they've got some killer stretch goals waiting after 2 mil/2,5 mil. With such great start they could have written the shittiest stretch goals and still easily get $2 millions. My bet is that tomorrow we will know further goals and they will rock.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

What, are you going to die in 2014 or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom