Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Seethe

Arbiter
CA adds as many bugs as content with each patch.

A horse of course

based Pixellated Apollo BTFO fantasoys, CA, the entire chinese communist party, and poorfags who can't spare a house or two.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I should say though that I agree with his main ponts 100%, although he presents them as a complete pleb.

I totally agree that fast battles and small maps is arcade cancer that shouldn't call itself a total war game. I mentioned Europa Barbarorum in some thread here, and a couple of plebeans came to whine "is that the one where battles are so slow?". This is what modern CA does to your brain.

Also, if you like history, you have to appreciate the historical irony of how the US government used to persecute artists and scientists for colluding with the USSR, whereas today it falls to youtubers with a vocabulary of 300 words to remind their predominantly mouth-breathing audience that china is a "communist nation". How much has US society declined.

A horse of course

I should say though that I agree with his main ponts 100%, although he presents them as a complete pleb.

I totally agree that fast battles and small maps is arcade cancer that shouldn't call itself a total war game. I mentioned Europa Barbarorum in some thread here, and a couple of plebeans came to whine "is that the one where battles are so slow?". This is what modern CA does to your brain.

Also, if you like history, you have to appreciate the historical irony of how the US government used to persecute artists and scientists for colluding with the USSR, whereas today it falls to youtubers with a vocabulary of 300 words to remind their predominantly mouth-breathing audience that china is a "communist nation". How much has US society declined.

Shut up fatty

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Offtopic, this reminded me how outraged I was when I found out in Rome Total War that some factions are playable but simply disabled, and can be opened by modding the game. I was authentically outraged. 15 years later, I feel nothing discussing faction DLC.

Most of those didn't need modding, just winning with the playable factions. It was mostly used as a tool to make people avoid harder factions and learn the game first. Ofcourse now it is just a greed mechanism.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I totally agree that fast battles and small maps is arcade cancer that shouldn't call itself a total war game.
Is there any game at all that does this? It's either super abstracted like in Civ, slow TBS like HoMM, or Action Planning like in Dominions.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Any game that does what?

If you mean the formula, I've been thinking the same - if TW's formula has declined so much, why is no competition showing up? If someone decides to fix all the shitty things about TW's combat while offering the same graphics quality, lots of people, including the casuals will switch camp.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure whats more stupid. 1) An Idiot that makes a 50 min. video about a game he is "done" with. 2) An Idiot that watches said video. 3) An idiot that repeatedly post in the thread of a game he doesnt like AND watches said video.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Any game that does what?

If you mean the formula, I've been thinking the same - if TW's formula has declined so much, why is no competition showing up? If someone decides to fix all the shitty things about TW's combat while offering the same graphics quality, lots of people, including the casuals will switch camp.
There's one I'm aware of, it's also made by Sega and it's only available in Japanese arcades.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Knights of honor 2 is on the way, though they won't be going for exactly TW style realtime combat with free camera, as far a I know

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Late to the party, didn't read the thread, I own TW:WH1 and just the free DLCs. What else should I buy to enjoy the game?
IMO, TW:WH2 and Tomb Kings. WH2 has Mortal Empires and the Vortex can be a nice change of pace. Tomb Kings offer a twist on the traditional economy and unit caps. Beyond that, depends on what factions or lords catches your fancy, or if you are looking for a more difficult campaign (Malus, Sotek, etc.).
Also Prophet and Warlock is pretty much must have if you plan to play Skaven.

i don't know if anybody noticed or wanted to know, but SFO has been updated. sfo is the reason i bought the game in the first place, but i still can't try it because i have an ongoing attempt at destroying the world with cthulhu dark elf.

Seethe

Arbiter

based Pixellated Apollo BTFO fantasoys, CA, the entire chinese communist party, and poorfags who can't spare a house or two.

So this is how the average pop history connoisseur looks like? What exactly is historical about the vikings conquering Rome? Imagine feeling superior and mature because you're interested in "history", while that said history is just fantasy with history inspired skins. Go watch a documentary instead, or open a book. Don't pretend you're some sort of superior being versed in history because you play World of Tanks, Assassin's Creed and Ryse: Son of Rome.

Matter of fact is, all of these history "nerds" seem to play their historical total wars with huge overhauls that massively impact the gameplay. Guess what, you can do the same with Warhammer as well. You can make the battles much more slow paced. The maps are indeed small, but this isn't Total War Napoleon, where you needed huge maps to complement the artillery and make it strong. Making the maps big would just be pointless. I will concede however that the maps should be slightly bigger.

Not sure whats more stupid. 1) An Idiot that makes a 50 min. video about a game he is "done" with. 2) An Idiot that watches said video. 3) An idiot that repeatedly post in the thread of a game he doesnt like AND watches said video.

Judging by his lingo, he is hailing fresh from the Total War general on /vg/, which is basically 99% Warhammer now, because three kingdoms faceplanted hard, and all the other historical themed games got old. So now he vents his frustrations here, because he'd be booed away and told to fuck off over there.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Go watch a documentary instead, or open a book.
He desperately needs some reading, but I'm afraid it's too late. From how he sounds, his brain degeneration seems pretty advanced, he is only able to speak in redditlang.

A horse of course

So this is how the average pop history connoisseur looks like? What exactly is historical about the vikings conquering Rome? Imagine feeling superior and mature because you're interested in "history", while that said history is just fantasy with history inspired skins. Go watch a documentary instead, or open a book. Don't pretend you're some sort of superior being versed in history because you play World of Tanks, Assassin's Creed and Ryse: Son of Rome.

Matter of fact is, all of these history "nerds" seem to play their historical total wars with huge overhauls that massively impact the gameplay. Guess what, you can do the same with Warhammer as well. You can make the battles much more slow paced. The maps are indeed small, but this isn't Total War Napoleon, where you needed huge maps to complement the artillery and make it strong. Making the maps big would just be pointless. I will concede however that the maps should be slightly bigger.

Judging by his lingo, he is hailing fresh from the Total War general on /vg/, which is basically 99% Warhammer now, because three kingdoms faceplanted hard, and all the other historical themed games got old. So now he vents his frustrations here, because he'd be booed away and told to fuck off over there.

Accurate username

Seethe

Arbiter

Accurate username

Accurate location

A horse of course

Accurate username

Accurate location

Post your toes

Seethe

Arbiter
Post your toes
6d98665b8b5e9445812b1da710dcf0a0.jpg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Bloody game doesn't get consistent frames on my potato machine sigh. I can get 30-40fps with shitty graphics.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Bloody game doesn't get consistent frames on my potato machine sigh. I can get 30-40fps with shitty graphics.
I was worried about this problem but suprisingly my lap can run it on ultra with no fps problems.
Sounds like an airplane while it runs but still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom