Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
i'm an idiot. i gave up my beliefs and bought it, plus some dlcs too because why not, i'm already hurting myself after all. then i launch the game and find out that a big part of the game is hidden behind even more dlcs, but its biggest part is hidden behind buying an entirely different game and dlcs for that too.
sega has seen my last money ever.
Honestly, though, a bit of research could have told you as much.

I'm not opposed to this business model. You'll own all races you bought throughout the series in all latest iterations of it. Honestly makes sense to me.
The problem is that the price for the original TW:WH and its DLCs is still ridiculously high - as high as for WH2.

Why they don't just make it a bundle of "get all stuff from TW:WH1 for 30$" or so is beyond me.

Danikas

Arcane
Last edited:

A horse of course

So modders have to do Ca job because adding banners "would take too much work for the devs" as the reddit brainlets say.

That was actually CA's explanation, r*ddit are just endorsing it.

i'm an idiot. i gave up my beliefs and bought it, plus some dlcs too because why not, i'm already hurting myself after all. then i launch the game and find out that a big part of the game is hidden behind even more dlcs, but its biggest part is hidden behind buying an entirely different game and dlcs for that too.
sure, that's covered by the "i'm an idiot" part, but also please tell me how any sane man could have thought "let me check if the most important part of this game is blocked behind the purchase of an entirely different game".

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sure, that's covered by the "i'm an idiot" part, but also please tell me how any sane man could have thought "let me check if the most important part of this game is blocked behind the purchase of an entirely different game".
Look at it this way:
It could be a lot worse, you could have to buy all races for every game every time.

Shit, I just gave them an idea, didn't I?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So I played around the World's Edge Mountains and I gotta say the Dwarf/Orc conflict is still fucking shit. Grimgor confederates the other lords straight away and the dwarves are busy fighting ME (Skaven) instead of the actual Green Menace.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
The reason Total War Warhammer is so expensive (for all the content) is because the tabletop is expensive also. So in the producers' minds, why should the video game be cheap? It is the same justification card-based video games cost an arm and a leg, for example Hearthstone. When you mention that fact, a shill insta-replies "well, magic the gathering physical cards are expensive, aren't they?". Conveniently ignoring that physical cards are... physical, and you own them and can trade them and can sell them, so it is not the same thing. In their greedy minds though, every possible excuse to justify sucking their customers dry, is valid....

That is why piracy exists.

Mazisky

Magister
I reworked all the weather and lighting in the game to be more natural\realistic without all those weird washed-out colors and fog everywhere.

If you want to give it a try, here's a couple examples+link.

Cheers!

Very nice, love your porthole mods as well.
But... WHERE'S MORRSLIEB?

Sorry but I am only an average guy that likes to mess with game values. For more complex stuff like adding the 2nd moon you'll need a proper modder I am afraid

Turuko Thank you! Glad you like it

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I reworked all the weather and lighting in the game to be more natural\realistic without all those weird washed-out colors and fog everywhere.

Cheers!

Sorry but I am only an average guy that likes to mess with game values. For more complex stuff like adding the 2nd moon you'll need a proper modder I am afraid

Oh I assumed you changed the sky box as well. If that's the vanilla one I'll blame CA.

Mazisky

Magister

Cheers!

Oh I assumed you changed the sky box as well. If that's the vanilla one I'll blame CA.

I did but i just copy pasted it from TW:3 kingdoms. Same for the moon, that's something everyone can do

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Late to the party, didn't read the thread, I own TW:WH1 and just the free DLCs. What else should I buy to enjoy the game?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Late to the party, didn't read the thread, I own TW:WH1 and just the free DLCs. What else should I buy to enjoy the game?
IMO, TW:WH2 and Tomb Kings. WH2 has Mortal Empires and the Vortex can be a nice change of pace. Tomb Kings offer a twist on the traditional economy and unit caps. Beyond that, depends on what factions or lords catches your fancy, or if you are looking for a more difficult campaign (Malus, Sotek, etc.).

Mazisky

Magister

Just remember that DLCs only add units and characters to play with, if you don't own them they will show in campaign as enemy anyway. This means that you need to buy DLCs only if you really want to play their units\chars

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Just remember that DLCs only add units and characters to play with, if you don't own them they will show in campaign as enemy anyway. This means that you need to buy DLCs only if you really want to play their units\chars
Offtopic, this reminded me how outraged I was when I found out in Rome Total War that some factions are playable but simply disabled, and can be opened by modding the game. I was authentically outraged. 15 years later, I feel nothing discussing faction DLC.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
SFO/Grimhammer will update Friday. The main changes that caught my eye are: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/hdtwis/sfo_grimhammer_2_enough_for_everyone_update/
CAMPAIGN CHANGES:
Imperium Power: An entirely new Imperium system made with Drunk Flamingo. At all times you will be able to see your current Imperium level at the top of your screen. We’ve added scaling effects with each Imperium level, with the goal of making progression smoother with the very early game easier, and the mid-late game much harder. Your first Imperium level will give you factionwide PO and recruitment cost buffs. At the second Imperium level, these effects are then halved. And at the third Imperium level, the debuffs begin. As you expand you’ll slowly gain negatives to upkeep, building costs, and public order. But don’t despair! In order to help you manage and grow your now large empire, you will also receive bonuses to campaign move range and growth factionwide alongside the debuffs. (Will be released as standalone vanilla mod.)

Supply Lines: In tandem with the Imperium system, we’ve also changed supply lines. No longer will each additional army completely cripple your income. Instead, each new army will now add only +1% upkeep, but also increase recruitment cost by 10%. This now makes it viable to have multiple armies, and in many testing campaigns we’ve been able to field 2-3 armies in the first few turns. This change in conjunction with the Imperium system serves to make progression much smoother and more challenging in the late game. Instead of pummeling the players upkeep into the ground, preventing multiple armies, we instead offload many of those debuffs onto building and recruitment costs. As you play later, expanding and replacing losses becomes more expensive! (Will be released as standalone vanilla mod.)

Growth Changes: In order to prevent snowballing, growth has seen some changes. Main settlement chains have been adjusted to provide less growth, and that has instead been moved to specialized buildings depending on faction. Additionally, main settlements now cost one extra population surplus to upgrade. The consequences of these changes are two things. First, if you want to really grow your provinces, you will need to have specialized growth buildings. Just a main settlement won’t cut it anymore. And second, the mid-game game is now extended as you can no longer rush straight to your end-game units in T4 and T5 cities.

While I think SFO suffers from bloat to a degree, but I am intrigued by Imperium and the Supply line changes. Provided the mods are compatible, I may just use the standalone with CTT or Lucky's Overhaul (the modder is back).

i've been underwhelmed by CTT. all it does is limit the number of -globally available- units, not "per army", so you can still have an army of 19 dragons, you only need a big empire for that. i came across a mod which limited special units per army but it was so deep, like page 20-25 on workshop, i doubt i can ever find it again.

edit: disregard it, brain fart, it's not ctt which does that.

i'm fine with the imperium and lines stuff, as long as the computer has to follow the same rules. it's idiotic how i must keep two garrisons in a region for it not to go into negative order while i can park three raiders into some level 1 backwater empty province and still not bring it below +5.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
i've been underwhelmed by CTT. all it does is limit the number of -globally available- units, not "per army", so you can still have an army of 19 dragons, you only need a big empire for that. i came across a mod which limited special units per army but it was so deep, like page 20-25 on workshop, i doubt i can ever find it again.

i'm fine with the imperium and lines stuff, as long as the computer has to follow the same rules. it's idiotic how i must keep two garrisons in a region for it not to go into negative order while i can park three raiders into some level 1 backwater empty province and still not bring it below +5.
Table Top Unit caps? The mod allots a limited points to be used for Special and Rare units. I typically use that with CTT.

D85F91CEAD443E8694F203793646FC59FE279953

To a point, I enjoy how fragile everything is on CTT, especially the lords/heroes.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom