Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Some people are saying the Old World mod is somewhat good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just be glad they still have forums at all and ain’t sheperding you to go to discord or reddit. Yet.
Even if they delete forums entirely, the Steam forums will always remain.

Oh wait... they keep banning people from there for the most minor infractions lol

(anyway, if you want real TW forums just use TWCenter)

Elttharion

Learned
Modders are just embarassing CA at this point.

33A17AD209C6FEFE972D84497C89F1C08AB0FCC7

ECD583CB000D2DB3F96BF97AA0F7D432000FF68C

Jurassic World mod

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But remember, a Jabberslythe costs as much as one whole Charlemagne to make.
Fucking yes because look cool animations (which you will never see anyway)
Seriously this last decade CA’s obsession with cool animations is absolutely puzzling. They spend loads of quids to do them while TW combat is pretty fast paced (more so now than ever) and you simply don’t have time to zoom in. The magic always happened with camera zoomed out. It’s the fucking point of this thing!

thesecret1

Arcane
The way their newer games are designed feels more and more like they really just want the player to autoresolve battles anyway.

9ted6

Educated
I can't imagine how bloated CA has to be if they're wasting so much money on basically nothing while the modders do it for free.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Seriously this last decade CA’s obsession with cool animations is absolutely puzzling.

You are indeed right that sync kills aren't exactly at home in a TW game: if in Dawn of War you have limited numbers and seeing your LIbrarian nuke a Bloodthirster in SP was quite fun, rarely you have the option of doing so in TW. I'll admit however that often I zoom in for the spectacle, as I play on lower difficulties (Very Hard/Hard, pretty much still breeze mode) and seeing Kroxigors doing the crocodile roll never gets old.

Modders are just embarassing CA at this point.

There's a reason they're desperate to close the modding capabilities as much as they can. I think Medieval II was the last one to have impressive mega-conversions, and it still had limits.

Also, I want to ask to check if I'm not insane: I'm the only one that prefers massively TW2 to TW3? TW2 still feels far more.... coherent and finished. And they should be the same game!

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
and seeing Kroxigors doing the crocodile roll never gets old.
Well yes, Beastmens’ charging minotaurs are also great. Animation works well when it looks equally good zoomed out as well as is zoomed in. When there is an elaborate fencing animation that I can’t see it’s wasted resources.
I don't think they have sync animations since Shogun 2. Maybe some 1 on 1 lords, but nothing on the unit scale.
Not sync, no. Though sync was very much a thing until Attila which inherited it from R2 (Troy also has it I believe). There are only sync fatalities in Twarhammers afair. Like monsters eating somebody (which i never witnessed myself being busy playing a freaking battle)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think they have sync animations since Shogun 2. Maybe some 1 on 1 lords, but nothing on the unit scale.
Rome 2 had synced animations but one of the best combat improvement mods was one that removed most of the fancy ones, because fancy synced animations would lead to individual soldiers breaking out of formation (as the animations had them move back or forward).

The matched animation system is one of the reasons melee combat declined since Empire.

Elttharion

Learned
The Old World mod is neat but has no victory conditions?
Just tested Franz and its working for me. What faction are you playing? The mod is pretty good but I had to disable all other mods for it to work, otherwise it just crashes the game, I didnt had this problem during beta. I will have to test what is causing that.

20231114142253-1.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I tried Grom and Bretonnia, didn't show anything for me. I don't think I've got other mods that interfere active but who knows.

Elttharion

Learned
I tried Grom and Bretonnia, didn't show anything for me. I don't think I've got other mods that interfere active but who knows.
I tried it and I had victory conditions for both Grom and Louen. They were the generic sack/raze/capture settlements tho.

Elttharion

Learned
The Old World mod is neat but has no victory conditions?
Just tested Franz and its working for me. What faction are you playing? The mod is pretty good but I had to disable all other mods for it to work, otherwise it just crashes the game, I didnt had this problem during beta. I will have to test what is causing that.

20231114142253-1.jpg
Fixed the crashes by turning off all the mods, restarting my PC and activating all mods again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yay, longer sieges, that's the thing we were craving and needed. At least the AI can't replace towers anymore, but I don't think there's a sane person out there who hasn't disabled that shit since day 1.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dunno what are they smoking when making those siege changes but I don't want any :hahano:
This will just make single unit cavalary capture chain more common. Or waiting in siege mode till enemy sallies out...

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is, how long since people time and time again mentioned how butt ladders are the prime source of siege problems? 9 years already? I mean, how come Medial sieges are fun and engaging and Warhammer had this shit? Maybe because walls were a realproblem back then and not every peasant mob can climb any wall.
Even Shogun 2 sieges were engaging,with their sloped walls.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ladders are a problem, half of the roster being able to crush walls are a problem and not being able to place artillery onto walls is a big problem...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom