Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
CA seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Kislev appealing, yep

GW seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Kislev appealing*
GW seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Warhammer appealing*

Here is an interesting analysis of the stylistic changes made by GW:

I don't know what to call it, but over all these years the fantasy style, even the dark one, has become, I don't know, superficial? Simpler? Less intense? It's not a matter of blood and guts, but of the strength, or lack thereof, that emanates from the style.

American.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
CA seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Kislev appealing, yep

GW seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Kislev appealing*
GW seem to be absolutely oblivious about what makes Warhammer appealing*

Here is an interesting analysis of the stylistic changes made by GW:

I don't know what to call it, but over all these years the fantasy style, even the dark one, has become, I don't know, superficial? Simpler? Less intense? It's not a matter of blood and guts, but of the strength, or lack thereof, that emanates from the style.

American.

Yes, Americans love to simplify. But for a long time this simplicity was a strength, not a hindrance.

Perhaps we need to look at it differently. Maybe over time Europe, for which America was a counterweight, lost its depth and uniqueness, and then the USA made simple simpler.

After all, Warhammer and Judge Dredd were at their best when they were thoroughly English (European)

Elttharion

Learned
Last time I played Boris I wiped all nearby chaos lord with a stack of kossars. I literally just run around and murder various "Apocalyspe hosts" "Armies of the last days" etc. etc. With kossars.
It is literally "I am not locked up here with you - you are locked up here with me"
Kossars are probably the best/one of the best early game units in the game. I use them even in the mid-late game. Pair them with some heroes and a few streltsi for armor penetration and they will punch way above their weight.

Caim

Arcane
Last time I played Boris I wiped all nearby chaos lord with a stack of kossars. I literally just run around and murder various "Apocalyspe hosts" "Armies of the last days" etc. etc. With kossars.
It is literally "I am not locked up here with you - you are locked up here with me"
Kossars are probably the best/one of the best early game units in the game. I use them even in the mid-late game. Pair them with some heroes and a few streltsi for armor penetration and they will punch way above their weight.
Everybody serving the dark gods 'til the Kossacks start dancing.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Humanophage

Arcane
Everybody serving the dark gods 'til the Kossacks start dancing.

I always get so offended by this. It's like dancing as SS officers with kippahs and singing "Tel Aviv oy vey Sieg heil".

CA picked a fight with Volund, not the other way around

Also while I don't agree with him that Warhammer is unplayable trash I do agree with basically all of his criticisms of it

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volound points out exactly what's wrong with modern TW and his approach to voicing criticism is very Codexian (be upfront, use strong language, no sugarcoating).

Although he's a little too forgiving on Shogun 2 - he praises it as one of the best TW games when it already introduced a few elements of decline (units having cooldown-based abilities to trigger during battle, for example).

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Sega intimidating him like this is really creepy.

Obviously I agree with Volound's position so I'm sympathetic to him but really all he is guilty of so far is being pissed off and some light journalism.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
CA have been heavily cracking down on criticism, it's insane. Worst "community management" I've ever seen.

- cancel their long time partnership with Legend of Total War, a popular youtuber, because he's too critical of their recent releases
- make false DMCA claims against Volound and even attempt doxxing him in order to shut him up and remove his criticism
- ban dozens of posters from the official Steam forums because they're too critical of the new games, then claim "the right to discussion is a privilege that can be revoked" (lol)

I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time, if ever. They completely gave up on responding to criticism in a constructive way, they forcibly shut up anyone who voices negative opinions.
The last lashing-out of a company in its death throes.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
CA have been heavily cracking down on criticism, it's insane. Worst "community management" I've ever seen.

- cancel their long time partnership with Legend of Total War, a popular youtuber, because he's too critical of their recent releases
- make false DMCA claims against Volound and even attempt doxxing him in order to shut him up and remove his criticism
- ban dozens of posters from the official Steam forums because they're too critical of the new games, then claim "the right to discussion is a privilege that can be revoked" (lol)

I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time, if ever. They completely gave up on responding to criticism in a constructive way, they forcibly shut up anyone who voices negative opinions.
I always had the suspicion these people are extremely personally invested in their projects, in the bad sense. HOW DARE THESE CUSTOMERS NOT LIKE OUR PRODUCTS??

Mitleser2020

Scholar

They also deleted their own Total War forums and replaced them with an inferior new forum. That irritates me the most.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

They also deleted their own Total War forums and replaced them with an inferior new forum. That irritates me the most.
And it wasn't backed up on the wayback machine, so a lot of helpful threads on the older games are irrevocably lost.

Elttharion

Learned
I fully support Volound's autism. He may be retarded leftist, but his opinions about Total War are spot on. Also SEGA is the worst company in gaming, fuck them.
Sega is terrible but there are worse companies out there. At worse Sega fucks with their own franchises/games. Sony, MS, Tencent, etc have the influence and money to bully pretty much any publisher and fuck over smaller developers.

As an example when Sony moved to California they took a heavy stance against fanservice catered to male players. What ended happening was that several japanese studios either shut down, shelved their more fanservicey franchises or started censoring their games by design so that they could pass Sony certification. Since the japanese are retarded instead of abandoning Playstation they now release censored games on every platform. Sony used their weight as an old partner and market leader to pretty much fuck over and entire gaming segment. You still get the rare release who either ignores playstation or patches the game on PC but a huge ammount of them dont bother and just released the censored version since they cant or arent willing to afford different versions for each platform.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sega fucks with their own franchises/games

Couldn't care less about their shitty Jap trash, they took some of my favorite games and turned them to absolute trash. CoH, Football manager, Total War, Dawn of War. The worst "DLC dictates design" in gaming, EA,Ubishit,Blizzard are minor leagues compared to SEGA.

RcSphMR.jpg

Elttharion

Learned
Sega fucks with their own franchises/games

Couldn't care less about their shitty Jap trash, they took some of my favorite games and turned them to absolute trash. CoH, Football manager, Total War, Dawn of War. The worst "DLC dictates design" in gaming, EA,Ubishit,Blizzard are minor leagues compared to SEGA.

RcSphMR.jpg
Hey, to each their own. I dont play those games, except for Total War which is a dumpster fire right now, so I will take your word for it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

WTF my Rome and Medieval guides! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:negative:
Bloody motherfuckers...

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Just be glad they still have forums at all and ain’t sheperding you to go to discord or reddit. Yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom