Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

zapotec

Liturgist
What are these two dlcs named Crumpets and Eight
itvlCBz.png

placeholders?

zapotec

Liturgist
Crumpets has the same date of the Bretonnia DLC while Eight the same date of the Norsca DLC!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
1.3 raped performance AND mods because it broke the -dx11 launch option command. If you use it, (the majority of) mods don't work and disabling it loses you 10-20 FPS.

L'ennui

Magister
HARRR MATEYS I TOOK ONE LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND FIGURED THIS BOOTY IS NOT YET WORTH A TRIP O'ER THE SEVEN SEAS HARRR SO I HAD A SWIG OF RUM AND I SHOT MY MATE AND I HAD HIS GIRL WALK THE PLANK ON THE WAY TO THREE-KINGDOMS BAY, NOW THAT'S A BOUNTY WORTH A HOOK AND A PEG, YARRRR

Now I'm wondering if Cathay has a Yellow Turban analogue. Also wondering: since they finally got the multiplayer campaigns working for more than two players, have any of you tried them? Does it work well? Total War multiplayer campaigns are great but often buggy, the only reason I'd pay for this is to be able to play with a few friends if it works reasonably well.

Mazisky

Magister
The performance hit with last hotfix 1.3 is related to mods. Somehow the game doesn't handle mods after the update and performance decrease proportionally to how many mods you have activated.

Try disabling all mods and you will see the same performances as before patch.

ADL

Prophet
Global keys are double the price of the European keys in typical Total War fashion. Looks like it won't hit 50% off until 11-12 months after release if Total Warhammer 2's price history is anything to go by. Hopefully it's all fixed by then.
https://steamdb.info/app/594570/

Mazisky

Magister
I dont' know if that may help but I bought all 3 games on Instant gaming for cheap, and atm Wh3 is at 25€

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't understand how it's possible for the tech tree to be so terrible. I'm going through the Slaanesh tech tree and I have to choose the least shit option because the semi-ok ones require a tier 3 building. It's like the tech tree assumes a much more complex system than the one that's present. It gives bonuses to stuff you don't need or barely use.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't understand how it's possible for the tech tree to be so terrible. I'm going through the Slaanesh tech tree and I have to choose the least shit option because the semi-ok ones require a tier 3 building. It's like the tech tree assumes a much more complex system than the one that's present. It gives bonuses to stuff you don't need or barely use.
The devs don't play their own game.

They do, they just all play Skaven.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yea, literally same shit with Kislev

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm 90% sure they design these trees in a vacuum, maybe one time a year ago in the game design document and then they just blindly follow it.

It was the same stuff in WH2, really.
The tech trees were often just straight terrible - except for a few happy little accidents that were great.

It's obvious to players - some of the abilities you just need a quick glance at and can immediately tell "this is terrible".
So, yeah, the only explanation is that they are indeed not playing their own game.
At least I can't come up with a better answer for "why would someone think that something so clearly bad would be good?".

Oh, well.
Mods will fix it :obviously:

Lacrymas

Arcane
The trees do feel like designed in a vacuum. I can think of how most of these effects could potentially be useful in a system that supports the campaign side of the gameplay, but the Total Warhammer one is so bare bones and stripped down that they end up useless at best and detrimental at worst. It's like the tech tree designers think we are still playing Rome 1. There's also the fact the trees have an obvious bias towards ranged units. The Kislev tree is a prime example. It's obvious there's a lack of communication between the devs somewhere.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I just destroyed Skarbrand on turn 25 as N'Kari. After the buffs to daemonettes and me knowing what I'm doing, it was muuuch easier to take him down. Perhaps a bit too easy. The only threat was cannon towers. Seriously, they killed twice as many of my forces as the enemy units themselves. They technically make the sieges harder and I should like that in theory, god knows this game needs challenging content, but it's cheap and bullshit. They are too passive and do stupid amounts of damage just by existing. I guess there's no making sieges interesting, fun or engaging in this franchise.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't know what to tell you, I never had any issues fighting Skarbrand even before the Daemonette buff on VH/H. If all else fails you can abuse AR with the additional summoned army.

My favorite is the 20% or so charge bonus for units you can't even recruit that early as Ogres.

Percentage charge bonuses is such a weird and useless modifier to begin with, especially when it occurs on any non-cavalry. Wow, my unit with 30 charge gets 20% change bonus which means... +6 attack and +6 damage that decays to nothing after about 5 seconds. Meanwhile other units just get bonuses like +8 attack/defense that last indefinitely. And +20% charge bonus is high, most of those techs and skills are +10%. Unless the unit in question is a cav with like 75+ base charge these bonuses should be more like 30-40%. Or just make them flat bonuses, I don't get why they are percentages.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't know what to tell you, I never had any issues fighting Skarbrand even before the Daemonette buff on VH/H. If all else fails you can abuse AR with the additional summoned army.
The issues last time were that I refused to reload until I get a good result (I didn't save scum on this playthrough either, the game is already ridiculously easy, but I knew what I was doing now) unless I was outright defeated, so I lost my succubus fairly early on and suffered quite a lot of casualties and had to wait for replenishment. That gave Skarbrand enough time to boom and have quite big armies. On top of that, he filled those armies with chaos warriors of Khorne who the daemonettes had trouble dealing with. Isn't Skarbrand the toughest opponent in the game anyway? This time, I knew what I was doing and rushed for Pendulum and Pit of Shadows with my succubus + the outrageous buff to the already-good daemonettes, so I managed to destroy Skarbrand on turn 25. If it weren't for those cannon towers I can't stop complaining about, it would have probably been even faster. I'm also playing on VH/H btw, I really don't want to deal with the bullshit of VH with a melee-only army like Slaanesh's.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom