Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I'd say you've earned a badge for taking a wound whilst fighting the good fight. :salute:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
sea, was it you or the mods who edited your post?

THE ESCAPIST IS THE BEST PLACE EVER ^___^
EVERYONE WHO WRITES FOR IT IS EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND AWESOME ^_______________^
THEY ARE COMPLETELY INFALLIBLE AND I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT TO HURT ANY OF THEIR FEELINGS BY POINTING OUT DISCREPANCIES, ERRORS OR POOR QUALITY COVERAGE IN THEIR ARTICLES ^___________________________^

thesoup

Arcane
I got a warning there for using the word "retarded". I didn't even use it to insult anyone on the forums. Then I got banned for saying something along the lines of "good job mods" for "moderator sass".

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
This is just an overall problem with the internet as a public sphere; people like to drone about how it's a bastion of free speech, when really it's just a collection of groupthinkers who'll ban you from their little club the moment you don't march in tune with them. It's really no better than old media. To most of them, we're the goddamn mutants.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sea, was it you or the mods who edited your post?

THE ESCAPIST IS THE BEST PLACE EVER ^___^
EVERYONE WHO WRITES FOR IT IS EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND AWESOME ^_______________^
THEY ARE COMPLETELY INFALLIBLE AND I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT TO HURT ANY OF THEIR FEELINGS BY POINTING OUT DISCREPANCIES, ERRORS OR POOR QUALITY COVERAGE IN THEIR ARTICLES ^___________________________^
I made that one after the fact. :D Let's see if I get another warning.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
o3o39.png

Classy.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The opportunity to focus on a Halo, a franchise that she had such a passion for, Ross said was a "once in a lifetime opportunity". The Halo universe, she said, is their greatest character, and 343i is being very deliberate about developing the "ecosystem". There are more stories to be told in other media, she said, and even other game styles. "You'll see that over the next several years," she added, "as we make some different decisions."
You know some people love certain games and wants to work on them, and are perfectly happy when they participated on a sequel, and didn't screwed the sequel up.

Look for example on this thread: http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/chaos-chronicles-discussion-thread.76538/
Developers love BG2, and are perfectly willing to gimp theirs game because of that.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
If you haven't noticed, sea's account there actually has a badge for making enough consecutive posts without getting a warning. YOU GO SEA GOOD JOB.
I posted there a bit years back but really just stopped because, while the community was a bit more intelligent than some other sites, I still couldn't have decent discussions most of the time, plus I wasn't quite as bitter and disillusioned then. That was before I found beloved Codex, of course, and I became a man.

:love:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Sea, you have even badge because you have a friend at that forum.

Lubulos

Educated
Unnecessary quote, but still:
"Personally, I'll never want to be part of any group of people who wear funny hats."
George Carlin

Maybe he foresaw all of this...?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Escapist warning is fucking awesome, though I am sure it has more to do with typical mod megalomania than it does their staff.

I got a warning on the Steam forums for "speaking negatively about Steam." Awesome stuff.

Peter

Arcane
Just read through this whole thread and most of the articles linked here.

MAJESTIC

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know. It makes his expression not look so much empty and lifeless as mocking
look at this loser to the right, he's never going to get this bling

ps: no photoshops of Duke Atreides blinging

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I got a warning there for using the word "retarded". I didn't even use it to insult anyone on the forums. Then I got banned for saying something along the lines of "good job mods" for "moderator sass".
The word "retarded" is ableist. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom