Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All I can tell is that people want to have opinions but not have to think. Why the fuck even bother having a non-corrupt "games journalism" field when there's barely even an audience for such a thing?

My gaming journalism philosophy is just show me gameplay video and shut the fuck up, honestly.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

My mind coudn't afford to keep going after he proudly showed his Mountain Dew tattoo. I repeat, A MOUNTAIN DEW TATTO ON HIS ARM. Sorry, I'm still trying to sort this out, THIS GUY TATTOED A MOUNTAIN DEW BOTTLE ON HIS ARM.

:point:

Out of sheer curtiosity, to see if it was a prank or soemthing, I watched the rest of the video... AND HE POURS MOUNTAIN DEW ON HIS DORITOS. Sorry guys, I can't continue.

Kitako

Arcane

Who is this faggot? 12 years old with Iron Maiden T-Shirt that has to say twice that he is a "journalist"? What the hell.

He even rubs the can of dew like the vagina he never touched in his life. This kiddo and the actual gift box made me feel very unconfortable.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
His tattooes are probably those which can be removed easily depending on who's game he is whoring out, and his Iron Maiden shirt is pathetic attempt for getting "I'm hardcoar metalhead, doods!"-points.

circ

Arcane
Hipsters have been known to tattoo silly things on themselves. Like Mountain Dew bottles. Dragon Age boxart. ToR logos. Stuff like that.

This is just so that should they ever get on a ship with sailors, the sailors will know who to gangbang.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
You know, they really messed up the promotion for Halo 4.

Nobody wants to be associated with Mountain Dew and Doritos. That's like a thinly veiled insult about what a pathetic sedentary gamer you are.

Why not associate Halo 4 with something cool? Find a weapons manufacturer, get their endorsement, and be able to win a replica FNF2000 or something with your copy of Halo 4. Proudly display photos of yourself online LARPing with it.

Brinko

Arcane
17Iia.jpg

Can't give the game less than 9.5 you say? Quality Journalism at it's finest.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I think a great many people in this thread have fundamentally missed the gist of the video. :lol:
That's just retarded hipster logic, were they keep doing stupid things, like tattoing a mtn dew bottle on their arms, but since are doing it IRONICALLY, it's ok... It manages to be even more stupid than saying I WAS JUST TROLLING YOU GUYS.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
17Iia.jpg

So, how does the "I know my my integrity will stop me from succumbing to PR pressure" defense work on this one exactly? The game is so good you can't objectively score it lower then 9.5 anyway? And if the desired score was 10, what then? Are there games where the margin for reviewer input is greater? At worst 9 perhaps? Why don't they just send him the text with some mad libs free spaces for personification?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

grotsnik

Arcane
Unless PR companies are seriously going to send out letters stating, 'As you're already aware, we have a totally corrupt arrangement. I just thought I'd emphasise that explicitly in our official correspondence for no reason. You know, so there's physical evidence of it', I think we can take it that's just a bit of fun.

Dexter

Arcane
http://ethicalreviews.wordpress.com/

Ethical Videogame Reviews

100% Ethically Sourced.
November 2, 2012

Okami HD Review

Press Trip to Tokyo. Expensive meal. Don’t really like fish.​
4/10
November 2, 2012

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Exclusive Review

It was paid for me and a bus full of hookers to go visit Michael Jackson’s grave. What else do you need in a game?​
10/10
November 2, 2012

November 1, 2012

Assassin’s Creed 3 Review

4 day all expenses paid in Montreal. Nearly got killed by a bear. Never felt so alive.​
10/10
November 1, 2012

Halo 4 Review

Dinner at The Ivy. Duck was a bit stringy.​
7/10

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

My halo 4 review

It's like the other halo games. Linear corridors. Regenerating health. Uninspired story. Graphics no better than what we had 4 years ago.

I give it 9.5/100.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
They rated Okami HD 4/10? Those corrupt bastards.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I think a great many people in this thread have fundamentally missed the gist of the video. :lol:

No shit. It's not being 'ironic', he's just making fun of a derp marketing stunt and game journalists.

Of course, he's on youtube, so he's probably a retard for other reasons. But so are posters getting butthurt by that video.

Cassidy

Arcane
That's just retarded hipster logic, were they keep doing stupid things, like tattoing a mtn dew bottle on their arms, but since are doing it IRONICALLY, it's ok... It manages to be even more stupid than saying I WAS JUST TROLLING YOU GUYS.

If he wanted to do it IRONICALLY, he should have done a tatoo of Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator instead and wore a Cradle of Filth T-shirt with a Burzum cap.

Just another retard.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
o3o39.png

Remember kids, you know The Escapist is one of the best games journalism sites because they censor critique of their authors and content.

I like how the first sentence of the second part is reminding you that your precious forum achievements aren't in danger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom