Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Off-topic, but I'd like to point out that the Untold History of Japanese Game Developers book Kickstarter is fully funded with 48 hours still to go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1748556728/the-untold-history-of-japanese-game-developers

It's a Hardcore Gaming 101-affiliated project so the quality must be pretty decent.

12 quid gets you a digital copy of the book.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The idea is very cool, but I don't like that all interviews will be made via interpreter... it kills the flow and spontaneity of any interview. Would be more interesting if he had partnered with a Japanese writer also interested on the subject that speak both languages.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like that FF7 retranslation project is still alive and kicking. It appears that the actual translation is done and is now being edited; hopefully it'll be released separate from all the other crap they're working on.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
A patch for SaGa 3 for the DS was recently released. Currently in beta but it looks like it translates the vast majority of the game, the only thing apparently not translated right now is the tech combo names. It's a remake of Final Fantasy Legend III for GameBoy. Don't know how well it handles this game in particular but Desmume has always worked perfectly for me.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Ar Tonelico 2 retranslation is almost done

http://www.at2.metalbat.com/

now i can accurately romance my waifu

You might want to rethink that. The two female leads are lesbians.

Oh, wait, I was thinking of the first one. Where you spent half the game inside the song mages' minds, dating/helping them work through their emotional problems. Didn't particularly like it, so I never got around to the second one.

Never really liked any of Gust's games, really.

Stabwound

Arcane
A patch for SaGa 3 for the DS was recently released. Currently in beta but it looks like it translates the vast majority of the game, the only thing apparently not translated right now is the tech combo names. It's a remake of Final Fantasy Legend III for GameBoy. Don't know how well it handles this game in particular but Desmume has always worked perfectly for me.
The original is one of my favorite JRPGs, and it was for the original Gameboy. I can't wait to play the remake; it was a legitimately good game considering the platform. Pretty neat character system of being able to change your character's race/powers by ingesting parts you pick off of enemy corpses.

The patch was just updated, too, and should be almost perfect besides tech names.

Drakron

Arcane
Translation of Grisaia no Kajitsu is also out.

dmcpck.jpg

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Some fags (partially) translated three PSP games:
  • Hatsune Miku - should be right up Codex' alley :roll:
  • Mystery Dungeon - Shiren The Wanderer 3 Portable
  • Way of the Samurai Portable
http://akatranslations.wikispaces.com/

Thanks BitGaymer!
These bitches allowed the Way of the Samurai portable translation to disappear from the net. Do you have a copy spekkio?

I've found a Mediafire link of the entire game pre-patched. It's archived so it's only about 138MB.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't care. I want the patch so that i can softpatch it eventually (once ppsspp supports it anyway).

(i can of course, download the iso and do a patch by comparing it with the original, but i'm on a dl limit).

spekkio

Arcane
These bitches allowed the Way of the Samurai portable translation to disappear from the net. Do you have a copy spekkio?
No, since it was an incomplete translation anyway.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
We have been compromised. I repeat, we have been compromised. Terminate operations immediately.
Sorry bro, but Lithuanian Hitmen can't be called off. We'll just have to put a new contract on all those fools who download the translation patch.

Drakron

Arcane
Why did he change that screenshot? Damn...

I did because I started the game and I am still on the common route and that screenshot is closer to the game itself tone, its not just common high school hijinks.

2u90gat.jpg

I am currently at this point and that pretty much how he acts most of the time, the VN is pretty funny actually ... at least so far.

spekkio

Arcane
Not sure if repost, but ANOTHER PSP emulator popped up:

http://pspemu.soywiz.com/

Supposed to be good, but I'm too lazy to update to Net Framework 4 (requirement).
It's Win-only, so all mobilefagz may safely fuck off.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom