Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trepang2 - spiritual successor to F.E.A.R., "sequel we never got"

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Got sick of trying to enjoy Control, so I installed FEAR and have been playing it the last couple days. Man does it remind you of the decline we've had with shooters. So, so fucking good. And now at 1440p and 140fps? My god.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I could be biased since I replay FEAR + addons every second year or so and I've never used anything but Extreme difficulty. Its not piss easy, so trivialize is a hyperbole, but its also far from being hard when you use slow-mo, even on Extreme. It only gets hard if you limit yourself in using it, then it is indeed quite challenging. The following "loop" works pretty much the whole game, 1. Activate slow-mo -> 2. Kill 1 enemy -> 3. Take short cover unit slow is sufficiently replenished -> 4. Return to step 1. I'd like some challenges that can't be handled in that way. And don't get me wrong, FEAR is great and the combat feels good but I think the slow-mo in FEAR is a tad too powerful.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
How is the difficulty ? Slow-Mo typically trivializes any challenge in shooters.

In what good games does this happen? I remember Max Payne 3 and FEAR having proper high difficulty, you would not go very far without using slow-motion. Those games were designed around that.
I finished F.E.A.R. on max difficulty without slow motion, so it's doable, but you'll have a hard time getting very far unless you're a human aimbot that plays Rainbow Six: Raven Shield solo 'for fun'.

Boleskine

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1164940/announcements/detail/3127191960101808287

Progress Update - February 2022
A brief update for a brief month.

Hello!

This month has been very busy for us. We have been working on cutscenes, visual tweaks, and the boss battle for the 2nd mission. Also have been experimenting with player customization, cheats, and a new way to play the Horde gamemode.

We don't have anything we are ready to show from that just quite yet as it is still being worked on rigorously, but we can show this new gun and a preview of one of the side missions:

Bolt Launcher

A ridiculous explosive piercing/pinning weapon that can devastate and eviscerate.

a814b154210759114f9f1cc61e2ba69b782087c0.png

Thank you all for being so patient with us as we get ready for our release later this year. We could not feasibly do this without your support.

geno

Savant
Progress Update - New Demo June 13th, 2022!
Wishlist on Steam and try our new demo!
New Demo Teaser Trailer

It has been quite the busy month.
Sorry for not keepin you homies in the loop, we have spent a while working on the prologue and optimizing, as well as horde maps and getting things ready for this demo. Great progress has been made and we are getting closer and closer to the demo release date on
June 13th
! We will provide more information (and maybe teasers too heh) about new stuff we've added and changed before the demo drops and you all get to experience it for yourself. We're very excited to see you try out a snippet of the game we all have worked so very hard on.

Your support is immaculate.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've not really followed this one too heavily besides watching a few of the combat videos over the last couple of years.

Are they going for any of the horror elements of FEAR as well, or is it a successor purely in terms of the combat?

I've not really followed this one too heavily besides watching a few of the combat videos over the last couple of years.

Are they going for any of the horror elements of FEAR as well, or is it a successor purely in terms of the combat?

Yes they are. They even hinted at something meta with ultra-violence included. There are "meaty" guys which are properly creepy. Atmosphere is creepy as well.

One horror element I liked was a shadowy figure which was visible only by its shadows and nothing else. It was also invincible.

Maybe they will turn it on its head and you will face what you have done, who knows. Could be smart, could be dumb, could be meh. I like what they shown so far. Straight-forward, no bullshit. Just needs more variety, even more sophisticated AI and less stock UE feel.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
No. It looks great, models are spot on, animations are great, lighting is awesome. Lithtech looked great with indoor areas and with water but humans looked plastic and everything outside was just ugly.

It wasn't ugly, it was Lithtech. And I loved its look every bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom