Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CRPGs should be more inclusive. When was the last time you could romance a black transgender muslim?
this aged quite well
Still not inclusive enough. When was the last time you could romance a Christian big titty blond?
Given that most RPG devs are western and for them Christianity=Catholicism, thank god nobody includes Christians. I wouldnt want those godless heathens in my video games.
Except for Stronghold Crusaders, that game was based
Hey, Anezka the nun was nice. Especially in her latter, vampiric form :)

Azdul

Magister
Oblivion has better AI and deeper gameplay systems than Arcanum.
Oblivion AI (pathfinding and movement) can be improved with mods - which for example cannot be done for Civ V or Civ VI.

Combat in most real time 3D cRPGs comes down to kiting, circle strafing and getting bad guy stuck on obstacle. Gothic 1/2 combat is just Dance Dance Revolution with less neon colors.

In comparison - Oblivion combat (with proper mods) is suprisingly deep on tactical level.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CRPGs should be more inclusive. When was the last time you could romance a black transgender muslim?
this aged quite well
Still not inclusive enough. When was the last time you could romance a Christian big titty blond?
Given that most RPG devs are western and for them Christianity=Catholicism, thank god nobody includes Christians. I wouldnt want those godless heathens in my video games.
Brunette though, if I recall correctly.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
this aged quite well
Brunette though, if I recall correctly.
So that's why she was released from the cloister to do some mischief.

This explains everything!

Codex Year of the Donut
Once patched, ME Andromeda is the best among all Bioware games.
It's not even really a bioware game though.
Much better than DAI, didn't really understand why it got all the hate when DAI had praise heaped upon it.

Maybe Bioware didn't grease the right palms because it wasn't an "A team" product?

Kruyurk

Learned
3d6 > d20
using the computer to draw from a distribution > using the computer to simulate dices to draw from a distribution

This dice shit in computer games is mind-boggling to me. What is the point ? I get it for games using p&p rulesets, but for something designed from the start as a cRPG it is properly retarded.

lametta

Educated
The codex is full of nonconformists who shit on good modern rpgs (divinity os 2, wotr) and are starting to, slowly but surely, shit on great classics (ie engine games, kotor) just to play some niche indie rpgs with obvious flaws, that they brush over because the dev team is "small". They do it just to feel special and be in the kool kids klub. (niche games: underrail, knights of the chalice etc.)

Kruyurk

Learned
The codex is full of nonconformists who shit on good modern rpgs (divinity os 2, wotr) and are starting to, slowly but surely, shit on great classics (ie engine games, kotor) just to play some niche indie rpgs with obvious flaws, that they brush over because the dev team is "small". They do it just to feel special and be in the kool kids klub. (niche games: underrail, knights of the chalice etc.)
It being considered a classic should not put a game out of reach of criticism. It is the Codex, no one will be spared by the rage of the shit throwing monkeys. Besides, Larian already doused DOS2 in shit themselves.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

The hipsters and wannabe cool posters shill Guano Elysium, not great indie games.

The ones rooting for those indies do it because they recognize how indies, regardless of the team size; it was never about size, you dumbfuck, this argument is just used to rub it on the Larian and other faggot devs noses whom can't add 2 and 2; are the ones trying to improve CRPG and try to release good to great ones.

On the other hand, the business studios either can't or won't try because only money matters and the dumb masses want dumbed down mechanics, or at least they think they do, because everything feels familiar for them, MMO mechanisms and awesome buttons everywhere.

lametta

Educated
@Dart Canoli
The niche indie rpgs have super convoluted mechanics or require you to play a game till a certain point at which you have to reroll so you might have a slight idea of what build might be good. But ofc thats not bad design according to the kool kids klub codexers but real hardcore crpg shit where you just need to get gud. Anything else ofc is "dumbed down".

p.s.: calm down though..here have some niche indie rpg with bad gfx so you can show it off to your friends and be kool: https://store.steampowered.com/app/23600/Depths_of_Peril/

Last edited:

lametta

Educated
It being considered a classic should not put a game out of reach of criticism. It is the Codex, no one will be spared by the rage of the shit throwing monkeys. Besides, Larian already doused DOS2 in shit themselves.
It not being a classic but an indie niche rpg shouldnt exempt it from criticism either.

P.s.: Dont get mad at sven for his whacky humour. Here have a niche rpg that you can show of to your friends and tell them that you found it all by yourself: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1326290/BALROG/

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom