Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't get the hate on Todd Howard. After all he created Fallout.
Don't be silly, everyone knows Fallout was created by Brian Fargo:

1qIOV5b.png

lametta

Educated
we need more diversity and wokeness in gaming. imo pride month should be celebrated by every game with an ingame event.

Gargaune

Magister
HEY, GUYS! I started playing the original Fallout for the first time recently, but now I've put it on hold so I can play Fallout 4 - Point Lookout instead.

Let me repeat that... I stopped playing Fallout. So I could play a Fallout 3 DLC. In Fallout 4.

:smug:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
HEY, GUYS! I started playing the original Fallout for the first time recently, but now I've put it on hold so I can play Fallout 4 - Point Lookout instead.

Let me repeat that... I stopped playing Fallout. So I could play a Fallout 3 DLC. In Fallout 4.

:smug:
That's not true heresy.
True heresy would be to stop playing Fallout so you can play Fallout in Fallout 4.

SumDrunkGuy

It's probably already been said but most turned based and rtwp games are straight trash. ARPGs are infinitely superior to both.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumDrunkGuy

ARPG games are just rtwp from another perspective.
You have a pause button, they're in real time, therefore they are rtwp.
6791ab71-3dbf-4523-9cf3-a2551ee716d4_text.gif

I see the point but there's a recent trend of pause not being a thing in a lot of aRPGs. Thank From Software for that

Last edited by a moderator:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
The second part of my comment was in reference to games like Far Cry or Assassins Creed. Overall I meant that those games are only slightly worse than Diablo like games when talking about RPGs.

I will not finish Underrail or even start Expedition unless it gets released on Switch.

After that, it will be rated by others on Nintendo eShop as too archaic (turn-based) and RPG just like any other while it will drown and sell like shit in sea of shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom