Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The codex is full of nonconformists who shit on good modern rpgs (divinity os 2, wotr) and are starting to, slowly but surely, shit on great classics (ie engine games, kotor) just to play some niche indie rpgs with obvious flaws, that they brush over because the dev team is "small". They do it just to feel special and be in the kool kids klub. (niche games: underrail, knights of the chalice etc.)
this thread is for triggering people not for stating the obvious

lametta

Educated
The codex is full of nonconformists who shit on good modern rpgs (divinity os 2, wotr) and are starting to, slowly but surely, shit on great classics (ie engine games, kotor) just to play some niche indie rpgs with obvious flaws, that they brush over because the dev team is "small". They do it just to feel special and be in the kool kids klub. (niche games: underrail, knights of the chalice etc.)
this thread is for triggering people not for stating the obvious
usually stating the obvious is already enough to trigger people nowadays

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mages rules.

Doesn't matter if is in low magical setting like GoT/Gothic or in high magical setting like Thay/Netherese in Faerfun. Mages are superior to non mages.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
mages are shitty incel self-inserts and it's the most demonstrable in early D&Ds when it took more exp to level a mage, literally starting as worthless gangly fucks with 'high INT score' but if you read enough books and mooch off enough fighters then eventually you will be stopping the universe with a spell lmao

Kruyurk

Learned
mages are shitty incel self-inserts and it's the most demonstrable in early D&Ds when it took more exp to level a mage, literally starting as worthless gangly fucks with 'high INT score' but if you read enough books and mooch off enough fighters then eventually you will be stopping the universe with a spell lmao
They are always magesplaining, which is pretty toxic, but still not masculine.

laclongquan

Arcane
Mages in games are shitty templates due to the way their spells are zero-cost. Some games that force a mana cost get zero-cost to refill mana anyway.

Think of playing a shooting game without having to buy expensive bullets... oh wait~

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
The codex is full of nonconformists who shit on good modern rpgs (divinity os 2, wotr) and are starting to, slowly but surely, shit on great classics (ie engine games, kotor)

This is what happens when you stop bullying biowhores around here.

lametta

Educated
Joined Dec 29, 2011
*Some random nonesense that doesnt refute anything at all*

Codex Year of the Donut
russo-sjws are just as annoying as regular sjws, the main difference being that they crawled out of the woodwork on the codex the moment butin demanded it

expecting a full rant on how r*ssians are an oppressed minority who only want to oppose the western imperialism bla bla bla as a reply to this post lol

MurkrLurkr

Learned
Soulsborne games, which I despise from the bottom of the well of my soul, even if I haven't played any of them, are nothing more then MK Deception's Konquest Mode reimagined :dealwithit:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
russo-sjws are just as annoying as regular sjws, the main difference being that they crawled out of the woodwork on the codex the moment butin demanded it

expecting a full rant on how r*ssians are an oppressed minority who only want to oppose the western imperialism bla bla bla as a reply to this post lol
general gaming discussion

Kruyurk

Learned
Champions of Krynn is the greatest rpg of all time. In what other game cN a single level 7 warrior single shot multiple dragons in the same round without cheating…. This was by design. Man, I loved the Krynn games!
R26s7JX.png

Can I romance her ? She did the first move already, what kind of fantasy is this. Too bad she seems only interested in my gold, a hard return to reality.
But would The Limper be interested in romances anyway ?

Zlaja

Arcane
There is nothing wrong with romance in RPGs, it’s only bad when it’s poorly executed.

Personally, I think there's too much focus on "romance" in RPGs and not enough on quality nude scenes, regardless of context. If every hot chick in the game gets naked in a cutscene and/or wears skimpy clothing throughout the game, then you've already won. No need for the "romance" part.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
I don't care about traditional romance but you should be able to sodomize your enemies after you defeat them and make them addicted to your "weapon" thereby turning them into obedient party members.

MuffinBun

Educated
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with 'fanservice'. You can put things you like in a game. It does not have to have a pretense to 'maturity', neither is it mature to deny yourself something good because of expectations of disapproval from people who don't have your best interest in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom