Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hero stuff loses its edge towards the end of the game
I always wondered if that was by design, not giving her stronger masteries during the endgame. Her lone wolf act works very well early on, when the entire company isn't that familiar with each other yet, but sooner or later even Irene has to accept that they're stronger together, and that's when her solo-act in the gameplay also tends to get weaker as time goes on. Or maybe I just built her the wrong way to keep her valuable as the lone-wolf flanking expert.

No, I think you're right, it's part of the story, which is neat.

Sykar

Arcane
Wow another mission just pissing me off. It is that mission where you can chose your starting character and just for fun went with Sion. It is in that snow covered park and those two delivery punks. For some reason you start the mission directly next to a melee guy with forestalment with no chance of properly positioning yourself. Who does shit like that?

Edit: Uh needed 3 tries and hoping for a bit of luck on dodges but seriously why bother letting you pick a character when the mission is clearly designed for a melee guy like Albus. I shudder to think how this had played out on Annie as White Mage. Hell Witch sucks because her accuracy is plain awful.

/facepalm

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
This mission has different rewards for each character you choose. For Irene, Sion, Ray, and Anne, you will get unique masteries. I would advise finishing all the routes. Same for the next mission.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What is actually kind of dumb though is that you can fail violent missions after playing one for 1½ hours if you miss like 3 melee dudes in these huge-ass maps and they get to the defensive line. At least the checkpoint system is farily decent

Zumbabul

Savant
This mission has different rewards for each character you choose. For Irene, Sion, Ray, and Anne, you will get unique masteries. I would advise finishing all the routes. Same for the next mission.

Right away? Are those masteries that valuable? Also replay them via story mode thingie in your office?

Yes, you need to replay them from the office ('case records'). The masteries you get from Sion and Ray routes are essential. They let you have extra TP (ray) and convert basic slot to attack or defense (sion). Same for the next mission: all three routes will give you masteries that are needed for build tetris.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sykar you could always play through those scenarios on Easy just to unlock the materia masteries. It's nok like you need the Cruel/Challenge-mode rewards from those story missions and it's not like it's that exciting replaying the same mission 8 times :)

Sykar

Arcane
Not really interested in Cruel/Challenge. I want to have fun and the missions already take long enough on hard.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Sion just annihalated my entire team from the backline having turns like every 20 AT.

Wow just wow, I thought that synergy would help against the enemy but this is complete and utter BS.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Where do I spend Valkyerie Coins? Google says Shooter district but I can't find any place that takes them

EDIT: Lol Zed Duke of Banville I just got to the part of the game where you screenshotted your evidence that Albus grew out of his cuckness. He literally cucks himself during that conversation - here's your milf teacher coming to town to hit on you in like a cool "hey old pal"-way and what's your response? "WHY DID YOU SHOOT AT ME OMG"

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
I want to have fun

I generally have more fun when a game is challenging, but my point was you can clear these replay-missions fast if you just go on Easy and get them over with

It is challenging enough. Cruel/Challenge seems like unfun busywork just like the retarded Unfair in Pathfinder:Kingmaker or Dominating in Underrail.
I got the sentiment about lowering the difficulty I just wanted to point out not everyone is interested in the highest difficulty levels. Not like hard is a walk in the park either.

Sykar

Arcane

Right away? Are those masteries that valuable? Also replay them via story mode thingie in your office?

Yes, you need to replay them from the office ('case records'). The masteries you get from Sion and Ray routes are essential. They let you have extra TP (ray) and convert basic slot to attack or defense (sion). Same for the next mission: all three routes will give you masteries that are needed for build tetris.

Any more story missions that warrant repeated playthroughs?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hard disagree. It's very well-balanced. Obviously like any RPG you could cheese it, but play Cruel/Challenge honestly and it has a really good balance. The game even prevents many of my previous criticisms. Can't deal with a violent mission? You can always end it after the primary objective. Tired of getting one-shotted by random crits? Just go Impulse Fields. Think missions are taking too long? If you actually adjust every time-saving option turns go by very fast. And so on.

Basically the only problem I have left with the gameplay is some minor criticism of the strategic layer (like motivation being a completely useless system), the itemization being pretty meh and that a few of the objectives don't work that well in practice - chiefly it's seldom clear what states causes enemies to change behaviour.

My biggest criticism at this point are two things:

1) Opening chests still takes waaaaaaay two long.

2) This is the big one: bosses absolutely SUCK. In a game with some many beautiful systems that plays so well despite the awe-inspiring complexity (unlike say something like Pathfinder where gameplay often devolves completely when the complexity gets big enough) it's so sad that boss encounters are so underwhelming. All too often it boils down to "this enemy has a higher chance to one-shot you if you don't have impulse fields, and you have a lower chance to one-shot it."

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You can actually see the important ones in the Case Record screen. Scent of the Past says "You will be rewarded for every choice you make throughout the mission in this mission."

Note that this doesn't seem universal - some of the minor choices in previous missions don't get this treatment.

Codex Year of the Donut
I want to have fun

I generally have more fun when a game is challenging, but my point was you can clear these replay-missions fast if you just go on Easy and get them over with

It is challenging enough. Cruel/Challenge seems like unfun busywork just like the retarded Unfair in Pathfinder:Kingmaker or Dominating in Underrail.
I got the sentiment about lowering the difficulty I just wanted to point out not everyone is interested in the highest difficulty levels. Not like hard is a walk in the park either.
have you tried
gitting gud?

Zumbabul

Savant

-First fight Heixing vs Carter(3.5). If you win you will get 'Breakthrough'
-Scent of the Past (park mission): Irene, Sion, Anne, Ray routes give masteries
-The next mission (police training): all three options give masteries.

Now, I need to be cryptic to not spoil stuff for you.

-In a cold mission, where you need to rescue someone from beasts, you have an option to fix something or run away. Fixing raises your self-esteem, running away gives you mastery.
-In a train mission that involves a bottle of wine, both routes give masteries.
-In a mission where naked man duels in the ruins, if you win you will get a mastery.

Hope, I did not spoil you anything)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I actually thought about just recommending Impulse Fields to you when you complained about the Forestallment guy. I know it's a heavy cost and not strictly optimal but having it on anyone with less that 800 health just let's you screw up more and protects you from those bullshit moments. It's also why I keep Anne as a White Mage - I think damage route or even tank would probably be better, but having her with Blessing of Regeneration just means I can be a bit more careless during missions.

Sykar

Arcane
I want to have fun

have you tried
gitting gud?

Have you tried to accept that different people have different ideas of what is fun, dumbfuck?

Codex Year of the Donut
I want to have fun

have you tried
gitting gud?

Have you tried to accept that different people have different ideas of what is fun, dumbfuck?
fun is objective

Sykar

Arcane

-In a cold mission, where you need to rescue someone from beasts, you have an option to fix something or run away. Fixing raises your self-esteem, running away gives you mastery.
-In a mission where naked man duels in the ruins, if you win you will get a mastery.

Does Heixing and the others give any masteries for "Scent of the Past" when you reach later chapters?

Zumbabul

Savant

Does Heixing and the others give any masteries for "Scent of the Past" when you reach later chapters?

No, Heixing and Albus routes do not give you masteries. Heixing and Ray routes give some cutscenes about their past. Albus route gives a little piece of story and a nice duel.

Zumbabul

Savant
Some quests give you 'farming gear'. Other quests give you recipes to farm this gear. If you did not take the recipe as a reward, you can buy them from the quest givers with coins. If you took the recipe, you cannot spend coins to buy it.

Other than this, you can spend coins to buy additional mastery boards or an extra equipment board.This is a primary use for the coins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom