Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Zumbabul

Savant
Battle mages

There are battle mages in this game? :smug:

Hellgate Anne or Bibi rely on army of zombies

Wait, are we talking about Vindictive Spirits? Is the translation wrong? It says "Target that *put you out of action*". Is that translation wrong - so you get the zombie if you put the target out of action? I gotta try that, if that's the case

Yes, the target that killed you. That is you need to die. But, you gain control over that unit for 3 turns. Sounds like crap, but, you can make it much better. There is a mastery set Hellgate. It applies vindictive spirit in 8 tile radius. So, after dying, you will get an army of zombies instead of a zombie. You can also equip a second heart, so after 'dying' you will be alive. And there is a mastery set Third Heart, which will let you trigger second heart twice. In the late game, you will be able to craft a Death potion, so you can die when you want.

Since missions are predetermined, you know where the enemies will appear. You can simplify some very difficult missions by strategically sacrificing your witch.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Probably this was asked before - does Blind count as a Flash-type debuff? I'm thinking about using White Heat + Shooting Star masteries on Anne. Will it work? Flash grenade inflicts Blind too, by the way.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Probably this was asked before - does Blind count as a Flash-type debuff? I'm thinking about using White Heat + Shooting Star masteries on Anne. Will it work? Flash grenade inflicts Blind too, by the way.

Yes. Every debuff has a type, and every ability with a debuff has a description of that debuff, with the type noted at the end. So if you hover over an ability that blinds and look at the description of Blind, you'll note it says: "Property: Flash" or somesuch. Property should have said 'Type', but that's this translation for ya

WhiteShark

Learned
I've only played the Jap translation but based on screenshots I've seen of the English version I think the Jap version is generally better, at least when the natives aren't niggering it up by adding random English everywhere.

Lhynn

Arcane
What exactly is "casting delay"? Wondering if I should get Starlight Fragments on Anne but unsure what it does.
Its the balancing stick for Sion. Ive had him devastate entire battlefields with one turn, then not get another turn in half an hour. Didnt matter, it was worth it. Sion turns are "Ok, your entire side of the field is about to be deleted." But his spells rack up delay like a motherfucker, and he has no real way to help with that.
If i remember correctly speed only helps with the base delay you get for ending your turn, not with the cumulative delay you can get from several castings.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Say if I switch a class, unlock its ability and switch back to the other class, do I retain the unlocked abilities?

Yes. So what you should always do is max all classes, then pick the one you want to roll with

Yes. Notably on Albus you want the Wind Walk ability from Magic Knight. Having that AND Turning Over a New Leaf as free actions is nuts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Say if I switch a class, unlock its ability and switch back to the other class, do I retain the unlocked abilities?

Yes. So what you should always do is max all classes, then pick the one you want to roll with

Yes. Notably on Albus you want the Wind Walk ability from Magic Knight. Having that AND Turning Over a New Leaf as free actions is nuts.

It is, but skipping the double swipe sucks (which you have to do if you're Great Swordsman (lul)). Still, it's definetely correct I think, Albus doesn't get his damage from his turn anyway

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Upon further consideration of the below - does the company leader pay salaries? Because then there is a mechanical benefits in terms of friendship bonds :P

What does switching company leader do?
Changes which character is your avatar when you're running around in the online area

Quick update to this since (maybe relevant for you as well Lhynn since you YES!'d the comment): this does in fact not occur. Albus keeps paying salaries. So no mechanical effect from changing company leader

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
No way I'm skipping double slash (Bladestorm duplicates ability that caused it, btw - including double slash or 4-slash).
Wind Veil had to go.... :mlady:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No way I'm skipping double slash.

:what:

animemistake.jpg

Shaki

Arbiter
No way I'm skipping double slash (Bladestorm duplicates ability that caused it, btw - including double slash or 4-slash).

Wind Veil is trash anyway. Could be okayish for some builds if it was a free action, but even then Albus' other skills are so much better, I would probably not take it after early game.

Vatnik Wumao

It is, but skipping the double swipe sucks (which you have to do if you're Great Swordsman (lul)). Still, it's definetely correct I think, Albus doesn't get his damage from his turn anyway

Double slash blade storm combo is far more useful.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
What exactly is "casting delay"? Wondering if I should get Starlight Fragments on Anne but unsure what it does.
Its the balancing stick for Sion. Ive had him devastate entire battlefields with one turn, then not get another turn in half an hour. Didnt matter, it was worth it. Sion turns are "Ok, your entire side of the field is about to be deleted." But his spells rack up delay like a motherfucker, and he has no real way to help with that.
If i remember correctly speed only helps with the base delay you get for ending your turn, not with the cumulative delay you can get from several castings.

Impulse Fields hamper him quite a lot.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's the plan in Irene's solo mission? You have the option to call a friend, but the entire map is aggro'd so you got 4-5 turns and that's less than it takes them to arrive apparantly. Could beeline for civilians but the guys that block movement make that pretty hard

Vatnik Wumao
What's the plan in Irene's solo mission? You have the option to call a friend, but the entire map is aggro'd so you got 4-5 turns and that's less than it takes them to arrive apparantly. Could beeline for civilians but the guys that block movement make that pretty hard

Head for the named NPC characters. Each of them is a potential temporary party member that can join Irene. With them Irene will easily be able to survive.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Head for the named NPC characters. Each of them is a potential temporary party member that can join Irene. With them Irene will easily be able to survive.

They’re on the other side of the map - Bibi’s died twice before I got there. Will see tomorrow

Urthor

Prophet
Patron

Wind Veil is trash anyway. Could be okayish for some builds if it was a free action, but even then Albus' other skills are so much better, I would probably not take it after early game.

There's a well actshually to this involving call of wind Albus, but yeah it's generally not very good on builds that are majority non-wind masteries.

Reinhardt

Arcane
No one even bothered to add it codex avatars? That's all you need to know about how popular good games here...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

They’re on the other side of the map - Bibi’s died twice before I got there. Will see tomorrow

So about this: Alisa and Bibi *do not* join Irene when I reach them. Instead Bibi's runs into melee with whoever is following me and gets one-shot.

EDIT: doh. you just have to get to them before solving the jammers or the phone line. 'k

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Probably after Heixing and Ray. Maybe even after Giselle whom I have not seen once so far. Only got up to Heixing as team mates so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom