Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1373060714005458946

Look, jac8awol, even Mandalore himself is talking about you.

Also, someone else already pointed it out under said post, but - funny that no one screams "sexism" that women are placed before men only in the context of being beaten into submission.

>caring about what plebbit e-celebs have to say

Using the term "plebbit" and a 4chan signature. Don't stay up too late, or your mom will yell at you, kiddo.

Infinitron Is "being a 4chan immigrant" a good reason to ban someone? Or do you actually WANT their retarded /pol/ mentality to seep into this place?
trannies seething

Testownia

Also, someone else already pointed it out under said post, but - funny that no one screams "sexism" that women are placed before men only in the context of being beaten into submission.

>caring about what plebbit e-celebs have to say

Using the term "plebbit" and a 4chan signature. Don't stay up too late, or your mom will yell at you, kiddo.

Infinitron Is "being a 4chan immigrant" a good reason to ban someone? Or do you actually WANT their retarded /pol/ mentality to seep into this place?
trannies seething

Oh Jesus, the child got angry that his favourite tree house is insulted. Hey, Infinitron, I can't report people, so maybe check out this special individual?

Testownia

Tranny derailing the thread with irrelevant seething, imagine my surprise.

Dear child, compared to the bitter Pollacks and Russkies gathered here, you are but a speck of dirt upon the sole of my boot, your jabs are laughable and pitiable, and your penis had its foreskin removed by your parents, making you semi-dickless from birth. Go back to /pol/, I'm sure you need to talk more about your favourite transsexuals and blacks. Away now.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. The game is an emotional roller-coaster, but only in the sense that the hopes and dreams you had for this game after the first hour gets dragged through the mud then spun out a helicopter. I'm glad they tried, but the game unraveled like a high school band where the drummer loses the beat thirty seconds in.

In what way do you feel it unraveled? Personally I think it only got better with time, my main disappointment was in the lack of content and a clearly rushed ending. Choices in this game were varied and consequential, the quests could have been more open ended but ultimately I thought that they did a pretty solid job with the content that was in the game.

Unraveled in the sense that the game sets itself up as (1) what if evil won, and you are the agent of 'evil'? (2) complex political intrigue across factions, and neither of those things actually happen to any meaningful degree. It's like the game tells you you're going to be Sherlock Holmes in Game of Thrones and then you just walk around smashing a bunch of factions into pulp the same way you would as a do-goodie adventurer from a tavern. I struggle to remember actual quests or key choices where you feel, "wow, I couldn't have had this without Tyranny's unique setup", after the prologue.

You also never really find out anything interesting. I don't mind that the game doesn't reveal the secrets of Kyros, I think that's fine. But consider how, e.g. you spend the whole game building up a smart, clever, enigmatic, manipulative, secretive JUDGE character, and if you go the independent path in particular, you just pick like two nonsensical dickwaving conversation options and he just goes "Oh yeah let me bend over and open my asshole to you". Not like you really learn much from him anyway. There's just nothing - you're just opening empty barrels, story-wise, the entire time.

Don't get me fucking started on the most lazily written deus ex machina bullshit character that they literally named Bleden Mark. It's like some 8 year old's fanfic wet dream: oohoohoo I am super powerful and can destroy you with my super Naruto blast! Also, I know everything about everyone and operate in the shadows!!! Lololol

jac8awol

Arbiter

Women being beaten into submission is the reality of the situation because they are physically weaker. If it's a problem now, imagine how much worse it was in the iron age. Which is precisely why their in-game girl power culture has no logical foundation. Thanks for making my point for me, genius.

And you want people from 4chan banned? You're the one who keeps mentioning that pool of flatulence! And linking to other SJW-infested external sites that no one here gives a shit about. How fuckin dumb are you?
"Infi, I want to report people! I have shit opinions and nobody will agree with me, boohoo!"

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Women being beaten into submission is the reality of the situation because they are physically weaker. If it's a problem now, imagine how much worse it was in the iron age. Which is precisely why their in-game girl power culture has no logical foundation. Thanks for making my point for me, genius.
Well, there is another theory that I find more interesting. As opposed to "they are just weaker" I mean. According to studies, more educated women have fewer kids and if given free choice over their partners a lot of them are going to be in same-sex relationships. So the subjugation of women by men might've been a survival strategy. I.e. incels are right about the whole hypergamy/looksmatch thing to a certain point. I find that quite entertaining.

A horse of course

I think we can all come to some sort of compromise. Infinitron should ban himself instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

jac8awol

Arbiter

Well, there is another theory that I find more interesting. As opposed to "they are just weaker" I mean. According to studies, more educated women have fewer kids and if given free choice over their partners a lot of them are going to be in same-sex relationships. So the subjugation of women by men might've been a survival strategy. I.e. incels are right about the whole hypergamy/looksmatch thing to a certain point. I find that quite entertaining.

Hang on, what do you mean by educated? In today's world sure, going to college gives women a better chance to associate with other man-hating feminists and choose a homosexual orientation.
In the iron age? Education was what, knowing when winter was coming? Knowing that reading is not actually magic?

Testownia

And you want people from 4chan banned? You're the one who keeps mentioning that pool of flatulence! And linking to other SJW-infested external sites that no one here gives a shit about. How fuckin dumb are you?
"Infi, I want to report people! I have shit opinions and nobody will agree with me, boohoo!"

I like how you omit the fact that magic exists in this world, and in Bronze/Iron Age civilizations, wielding magical powers was always more associated with females. Your takes, as always, are tepid and emotional - like that of a woman, ironically.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Hang on, what do you mean by educated? In today's world sure, going to college gives women a better chance to associate with other man-hating feminists and choose a homosexual orientation.
In the iron age? Education was what, knowing when winter was coming? Knowing that reading is not actually magic?
Nobody "chooses" anything. Well, outside of bisexuals, which is why we are a problem for both heteros and homos. If you have some delusions that we can choose what we like, just test this on yourself. Can you choose to like men in this instant if you are a straight man? I'm certain the answer is no. Education in the iron age might've looked different, maybe having the freedom to not stay in the kitchen, own property, read, maybe helping out with metallurgy and knowing the processes, etc. Something which puts them on equal footing and gives them the possibility to choose.

Last edited:

jac8awol

Arbiter
Nobody "chooses" anything. Well, outside of bisexuals, which is why we are a problem for both heteros and homos, but I digress. Education in the iron age might've looked different, maybe having the freedom to not stay in the kitchen, own property, read, maybe helping out with metallurgy and knowing the processes, etc. Something which puts them on equal footing and gives them the possibility to choose.

Even having one exception, such as bisexuals (not to mention trannies) means people can choose. 'Born this way' is dead.

jac8awol

Arbiter

I like how you omit the fact that magic exists in this world, and in Bronze/Iron Age civilizations, wielding magical powers was always more associated with females. Your takes, as always, are tepid and emotional - like that of a woman, ironically.

If they stated that magic can only be done by women, bam, problem solved. Women have the power to subjugate men. But that's not the case. Strong man with magic still beats strong woman with magic, dumbass.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Even having one exception, such as bisexuals (not to mention trannies) means people can choose. 'Born this way' is dead.
Well, bisexuals can choose, but you are right in a way. Bisexuals do threaten both heteros and homos. Bisexuality makes it impossible to prove a monosexual identity because you can't prove you aren't attracted to one sex or the other (because proving a negative is impossible). That's why homos have an interest in disparaging bisexuals, it makes making a "born this way" argument difficult. Heteros hate the bis because it threatens their privileged position in society by also making it impossible to prove (to other people) they aren't bisexual. Bisexuality also can't be pathologized like homosexuality, the whole argument (failure of function to be attracted to the opposite sex) falls apart. The problem arises then because we aren't sure what would happen to people's sexualities if we live in a totally utopian and egalitarian society. Quite a lot of them might turn out to like both men and women, like in ancient Greece.

Last edited:

Testownia

If they stated that magic can only be done by women, bam, problem solved. Women have the power to subjugate men. But that's not the case. Strong man with magic still beats strong woman with magic, dumbass.

Right, because physical strength has any bearings on your magical prowess. Flawless logic, I'm awed by your stupidity.

Friendly reminder to everyone that this nutcase is frothing due to a single usage of "women and men" within the entire game.

jac8awol

Arbiter

Right, because physical strength has any bearings on your magical prowess. Flawless logic, I'm awed by your stupidity.

Friendly reminder to everyone that this nutcase is frothing due to a single usage of "women and men" within the entire game.

As stated before, that "women and men" comment wasn't made by me, just someone else with a grain of sense. As for the other part, please use your limited reasoning ability to take arguments to their logical conclusions. Magic men over magic women, especially since not everyone has access to magic.

Testownia

As stated before, that "women and men" comment wasn't made by me, just someone else with a grain of sense. As for the other part, please use your limited reasoning ability to take arguments to their logical conclusions. Magic men over magic women, especially since not everyone has access to magic.

You ran out of arguments. Great. "Magic men over magic women" is probably the dumbest statement anyone posted here since somebody claimed Lilura is a woman.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

dude, if you are new, it's useless. just accept this place is full 4chan lite incels.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Did you even have a point to begin with? The only argument I see from you now is what... that sucking Lilura's dick doesn't actually make you gay?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yep. The game is an emotional roller-coaster, but only in the sense that the hopes and dreams you had for this game after the first hour gets dragged through the mud then spun out a helicopter. I'm glad they tried, but the game unraveled like a high school band where the drummer loses the beat thirty seconds in.

In what way do you feel it unraveled? Personally I think it only got better with time, my main disappointment was in the lack of content and a clearly rushed ending. Choices in this game were varied and consequential, the quests could have been more open ended but ultimately I thought that they did a pretty solid job with the content that was in the game.

Unraveled in the sense that the game sets itself up as (1) what if evil won, and you are the agent of 'evil'? (2) complex political intrigue across factions, and neither of those things actually happen to any meaningful degree. It's like the game tells you you're going to be Sherlock Holmes in Game of Thrones and then you just walk around smashing a bunch of factions into pulp the same way you would as a do-goodie adventurer from a tavern. I struggle to remember actual quests or key choices where you feel, "wow, I couldn't have had this without Tyranny's unique setup", after the prologue.

You also never really find out anything interesting. I don't mind that the game doesn't reveal the secrets of Kyros, I think that's fine. But consider how, e.g. you spend the whole game building up a smart, clever, enigmatic, manipulative, secretive JUDGE character, and if you go the independent path in particular, you just pick like two nonsensical dickwaving conversation options and he just goes "Oh yeah let me bend over and open my asshole to you". Not like you really learn much from him anyway. There's just nothing - you're just opening empty barrels, story-wise, the entire time.

Don't get me fucking started on the most lazily written deus ex machina bullshit character that they literally named Bleden Mark. It's like some 8 year old's fanfic wet dream: oohoohoo I am super powerful and can destroy you with my super Naruto blast! Also, I know everything about everyone and operate in the shadows!!! Lololol

My memories from playing game might be foggy due to the age and alcoholism Comrade but I do remember the first Chapter when you enter sealed by edict valley when you can:

A) Side with not Roman Legion

B) Side with Antifa... I mean Scarlet Chorus.

C) Side with local Bronze age Matriarchal feudal nobility free doom fighters against both.

D) Tell all factions to go and f... themselves.

If this was typical game made in west you would have only option C with them being like Chorus cause they are most incloosive and diverse bunch, of course I only played to finale with Iron Legion cause they were the only competent bunch But the game had at least four arcs which is again lot more than you usually got, Only Age of Decadence giving you more story paths and choice, of course the game felt rushed in later part, this whole Kairus was:

Just a mage who first penetrated and got use of ancient towers magic, in other words he, she or xir are Just Wizard of Ozz.

Revelation Should be left to sequel with your fate binder getting kick promotion of local governor, there should be one companion there ready to betray you if you start act to independently cause this is how all secret police always work, but I can understand that Obshitian is not indy studio which can effort to write coherent story lines for years and future games.

Sarathiour

Cipher
According to studies, more educated women have fewer kids and if given free choice over their partners a lot of them are going to be in same-sex relationships.
I absolutely despise those kind of studies, where are we shown that "men/women" with "higer education" tend to " blank_statement". Higher education does not mean anything and put an engineer degree or a medical license on the same level as the " infamous gender studies degree ", "critical racial theories " or any kind of dead-end diploma . Higher education is correlated with growing up in a urban environment , and that alone means a lot of cultural differences : people don't have the same lifestyle, are not exposed to the same kind of ad, and doesn't have the same availability to some commodity either. Anyone without brain rot can understand that, those studies are made for the sole purpose of holding a political statement.

End of the rant .

Sarathiour

Cipher
Also, i don't get why tyranny especially get this amount flake, it's pretty tame for a modern game. Get over it, you will never see again obvious stat or skills differences between male in female character in AA+ gaming, that would be suicidal for any kind of developer today. I never had to sigh witnessing a blatant retarded take , where the writer try to explain to you why is vision of society is so much better than yours.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy

I get what you mean, yeah the setting is pretty wasted, it really is wasted potential the game, its sad because its the best concept for a game I think I've ever encountered. They should have focused more upon your characters judge dred-esque role as fatebinder and less upon the admittedly decent combat. The lack of intrigue was pretty disappointing too and the armies turning upon each other feels kinda forced, it'd be nice if you could play a double or triple agent working for kyros or the rebels, it really is wasted potential the game. I guess you could say I'm kinda blinded by the high degree of reactivity in dialogue and certain scripted events and the cool setting, even if said setting is wasted for what ultimately ended up being more of a combat game than is warranted for what the title was marketed to be.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Get over it, you will never see again obvious stat or skills differences between male in female character in AA+ gaming, that would be suicidal for any kind of developer today.
The stat and skill differences were always arbitrary, though, because by having an attribute above 10 you are already better than the average person for your race. Men having a cap on STR at 20 and women at 18 should mean nothing to people who get off on that sort of thing. A woman having 12 STR is already stronger than the vast majority of men of her race.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom