Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultimate RPG Party EVAARRRR - 100% Incline

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I always thought Lightning was well liked. It was just the games she was in weren't.

As for Squall, he did appear in Kingdom hearts under the name of "Leon" I think it was. So that may account for him being on the list. Odd that off all the FF9 characters on the list there is no Beatrix. She had one of the best themes in the game along with Freya.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT
PLANESAPE TOURNAMENT

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I still don't get why Morrigan is so high on the ranking. For me, for the whole DA1 campaign, she was just a bore and I always used choices that would make her look bad or just "Shut up, Wesley". Maybe it's just it? People see her as a female Wesley Crusher?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm pretty sure it's from neoFAG. Hard to talk about PC games here (apart from crying about Steam backlog) not to mention about proper RPGs.

What to expect from forum where 70% of user avatars if themed in anime, brony and furries.

resilient sphere

Educated
well they obviously missed some INCREDIBLY rich characters from the early years of RPG gaming:

Tiggy Tamal from Dungeon Master (such a back story!)
Katrina the Shepherd (a beautiful lady if you don't mind me saying so)
Warren Spector (actually very life-like)
that elf-looking dude from Lands of Lore who leaves your party after one quest and then gets shot

round out the party with the four identical Microchips from Captive and you have a balanced adventuring group with all the emotional heft of a FF10 character's choice in clothes!!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder waht kind of retarded criteria they used for selecting the choices... Like, Khalid from BG1 is in, but no Edwin?

And Ayla from Chrono Trigger is listed as a ROGUE? FFS, did they even PLAY the game? She's stronger than any other character in the game and throws rocks around to attack! :argh:

Johannes

Arcane
well they obviously missed some INCREDIBLY rich characters from the early years of RPG gaming:

Tiggy Tamal from Dungeon Master (such a back story!)
Katrina the Shepherd (a beautiful lady if you don't mind me saying so)
Warren Spector (actually very life-like)
that elf-looking dude from Lands of Lore who leaves your party after one quest and then gets shot

round out the party with the four identical Microchips from Captive and you have a balanced adventuring group with all the emotional heft of a FF10 character's choice in clothes!!

polo

Magister
I wonder waht kind of retarded criteria they used for selecting the choices... Like, Khalid from BG1 is in, but no Edwin?

And Ayla from Chrono Trigger is listed as a ROGUE? FFS, did they even PLAY the game? She's stronger than any other character in the game and throws rocks around to attack! :argh:
Don't waste your time trying to understand their logic. They don't have one.

Norfleet

Well, the best way to disarm traps is to set them off, and what better way to do so than by lobbing a huge rock at it?

Avellion

Erudite
Seems like whoever made this selection is a huge BioWare/Square Enix fanboy, and has barely touched the RPG genre outside of those games. And only added games outside SE and BioWare to make it look like he knows the RPG genre well.

If I had to make a party. my team would be

1. Demifiend
2. Doomguy (DOOMRL)
3. Oblivion Protagonist

With the Oblivion Protagonist's uncanny fast travel abilities I would fast travel to the final dungeon, and the demifiend would finish the villain off. The Doomguy's punches hurt like rockets and he singlehandedly fucked up hell, so that works too.

LULZ
Go there:
http://ultimaterpgparty.ign.com/
Scroll down untill you see our favourite insolent skull
Read the name of the game
Laugh

Planet of the Apes: Torment.

At least they are protecting the kids with an age request ;)

And you can only pic maleshep, but get served femshep in the results image above.

Knowing BioWare, that honestly isnt that surprising. Shepard probably was a closet Tranny all along.

Avellion

Erudite
Switch the Hero of Kvatch for Baratus (the Warrior from HeXen) and you have the 3 biggest badasses who outpunched hell itself.
True, the Hero of Kvatch is lame. Especially compared to the likes of Baratus.

I just want to fast travel to the final boss, because I dread playing through a campaign created by IGN. And as it happens, the game with the most retarded Fast Travel system I could think of belongs to Oblivion. :P

Then again, a badass trio like that may just make up for the terrible dungeon master.

Norfleet

Switch the Hero of Kvatch for Baratus (the Warrior from HeXen) and you have the 3 biggest badasses who outpunched hell itself.
None of which matters if you cannot get to the battle! The guy isn't there for his ability to punch shit, you have enough of that. You need a way to GET there.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Just leaving this awsum total honest 100% incline JPG here:
The-Ultimate-RPG-Party-Large-Version.png

LULZ

That's the most pathetic party I've even seen. You want to organize grand pahty with only 8 chars? Challenge accepted.

1. The host and main organizer will be Ashmedai. He'll bring us the gurls and make some fun contests and competitions.

2. But gurls may be shy at first. We need an ALPHA MALE to get them hot and ready. Lord of the Wild is your man.

3. You party sucks without an entertainer. The world haven't seen better entertainer than Burkhard.

4. What good is plain sex and entertaiment when you don't have a drinking buddy? Holger can drink more than you can ever provide.

5. At some point you'll have to choose Lady of the Evening. That's a hard one. Coz that's a guaranteed score, and you don't wanna miss that. Can't go wrong on this MILF.

6. Somebody has to watch the discipline though. We don't want any trouble makers. If anybody wants to break your epic pahty - just eat the son of a bitch.

7. Oh, shi. That's jRPG forum, isn't it? Weeaboo, tentacles and stuff? Ok, here is your tentacles, now I officially don't off-top.

8. And finally, somebody responsible for fireworks. Actually, fireworks is boring. We need smth more original for this. Hmm.

Now THAT's a fucking party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom