Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ULTRAKILL - Fast-paced retro FPS inspired by DMC - now available on Early Access

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now in Early Access:

Curratum

With all due respect, this is probably the crappiest game New Blood picked up to publish.

Ash

Arcane
Lots of criticism of the graphics and art, and indeed it does look worse than 90s games, however at least they got the music right: some good old school drum and bass. Pretty common in games back in the day.

Anyhow, classic console hack and slash mixed with classic FPS is a good idea. We'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:

distant

Learned
Played through a bunch of it... you can turn off the ps1 aesthetic, dodging and stringing together combos is fun, spaces are claustrophobic but it's probably to encourage wall jumping (wish the game had a double jump), linear (series of encounters) other than a couple of secrets, cool soundtrack, shotgun feels weak, melee isn't particularly satisfying though parries are cool.

People must love these "retro" shooters for there to be so many of them. Personally, I don't see the appeal.

Fast paced fps games without all the fat (realism, dialogue, character building, cutscenes, barely playable action setpieces), focus is on game play mechanics, smooth (framerate). A good one comes along every couple of months and it's always a nice palette cleanser.

Citizen

It's not an oldskool fps with huge hexen-like levels, just a fun action popamole with enjoyable weapons, over-the-over-the-top gibs and a cool combo meter. Dash around in the air bouncing off the walls and rain gigatons of explosives below as the room drowns in blood and guts

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not an oldskool fps with huge hexen-like levels, just a fun action popamole with enjoyable weapons, over-the-over-the-top gibs and a cool combo meter. Dash around in the air bouncing off the walls and rain gigatons of explosives below as the room drowns in blood and guts
Sounds fun

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
larping weeaboo action games is not what FPSes are meant for. why yes i totally want to combine a genre where you need to dodge everything with one where you can't see anything. indie devs are Brain Smalz

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I tried and finished the demo. The gameplay mechanics and guns were indeed kind of fun. Flipping a coin and shooting it to ricochet bullets was dumb fun. But the overall experience was extremely boring for me. This is gonna be one of those polarizing games, since it's clearly made for a specific audience, one which I didn't fall into.

Citizen

why yes i totally want to combine a genre where you need to dodge everything with one where you can't see anything
use your ears
even one of the protips in the game tells you to do as much
because sound surely helps with precision movement, right. not that i'm even playing this shit anyway, faggot

1. hear the sound que
2. dash away
3. ???
4. PROFIT

The only fight were I had a difficulty with dodging at first was two statues, but I got gud and just tried to keep them booth in my fov not to die to fireballs from behind. I mean you can dislike the game for many reasons like zero level design or repetitiveness, but the boss attacks are pretty clearly telegraphed with both animations and audio cues. Maybe just consider gitting gud? :smug:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I have yet to play one of these New Blood Interactive games, but I truly they are as good as people hype them up to be.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
why yes i totally want to combine a genre where you need to dodge everything with one where you can't see anything
use your ears
even one of the protips in the game tells you to do as much
because sound surely helps with precision movement, right. not that i'm even playing this shit anyway, faggot

1. hear the sound que
2. dash away
3. ???
4. PROFIT

The only fight were I had a difficulty with dodging at first was two statues, but I got gud and just tried to keep them booth in my fov not to die to fireballs from behind. I mean you can dislike the game for many reasons like zero level design or repetitiveness, but the boss attacks are pretty clearly telegraphed with both animations and audio cues. Maybe just consider gitting gud? :smug:
yeah, i'll consider gitting gud

at gradius 3, because i'd rather play a good game that doesnt look like playstation farts

Israfael

Arcane
Very short, but I guess it's still WiP. What you can respect this game is the choice of music in the last levels, just marvellous

deama

Prophet
So how's the game so far? I'm a bit turned off from the small levels, was hoping they'd try and maybe make it into a cyberpunk city for you to hop around in or something like that.

Latelistener

Arcane
With all due respect, this is probably the crappiest game New Blood picked up to publish.
Sure thing, except the game is currently on the 18th place among the highest rated games on Steam with almost 9000 reviews: https://steamdb.info/stats/gameratings/

That's better than Dusk and Amid Evil and it also most likely outsold the latter and will soon outsell the former.

Edit: 17th already.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Sure thing, except the game is currently on the 18th place among the highest rated games on Steam with almost 9000 reviews: https://steamdb.info/stats/gameratings/

That's better than Dusk and Amid Evil and it also most likely outsold the latter and will soon outsell the former.

Edit: 17th already.
Well shit, it's almost a year:

ohlawd.png

Also, 22k reviews.

ColCol

Arcane
The game is decent, but it's one of those games that sells on image and feeling. There are no achievements yet I believe? Probably to hide the fact that the majority of people won't beat v2 on normal. This is literally going to be a game that people buy than bounce off of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom