Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just beat the dragon tanks, and on my way to find the next boss. Luci has started to appear. I was very wary at first, but it turns out that she's a pushover in the regular fights she pops up in. I expect that we will face her as a boos at some point.

I'm using aparty with
fencer/bulwark/ninja
mage/cleric/hunter

I have had a couple of character deaths, but only one party wipe. Once I upgraded gear to +5, it's been a breeze, and I can still upgrade to +7 if need be. The mine colony environment has started to get very boring and repetitive, but I like the music.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why in the hell even go through the effort of making a DRPG if you're going to just make it easy as fuck? I cannot fathom how a group of people who dedicate their lives to making a dungeon crawler for a year or two would be alright with illegitimatizing their game in such a way. It just boggles the mind.

Such a waste of potential.

I think the difficulty of Stranger of Sword City started out perfect. You are vulnerable and you learn the game mechanics through experimentation and inevitable death. The game became far too easy near the middle to the end through.

How can they make a dungeon crawler easier than that? It defeats the whole purpose of the genre. it will be like making a first person shooter where you solve maths puzzles to shoot things with.
Lol, that reminds me of Math Blaster for c64 and oh 'The Typing of the Dead' franchise. TTOTD was great and so was this dungeon scrabble game I forget the name. It used to be shareware but is freeware now. A DC though where you use math or spelling to defeat enemies? It might catch.

Brimruk

Educated
I just beat the dragon tanks, and on my way to find the next boss. Luci has started to appear. I was very wary at first, but it turns out that she's a pushover in the regular fights she pops up in. I expect that we will face her as a boos at some point.

I'm using aparty with
fencer/bulwark/ninja
mage/cleric/hunter

I have had a couple of character deaths, but only one party wipe. Once I upgraded gear to +5, it's been a breeze, and I can still upgrade to +7 if need be. The mine colony environment has started to get very boring and repetitive, but I like the music.
You're pretty close to some new environments!

I put 60 hours into the game in like a month and dropped it for others, but need to come back at some point and do post-game. Music is indeed a banger

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom