Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Why in the hell even go through the effort of making a DRPG if you're going to just make it easy as fuck? I cannot fathom how a group of people who dedicate their lives to making a dungeon crawler for a year or two would be alright with illegitimatizing their game in such a way. It just boggles the mind.

Such a waste of potential.

I think the difficulty of Stranger of Sword City started out perfect. You are vulnerable and you learn the game mechanics through experimentation and inevitable death. The game became far too easy near the middle to the end through.

I would say that sword city difficulty can become easy middle-end game only if u do at least some grinding since that is practically the only way to get equipment (so grinding is kinda mandatory). I would be surprised if it is possible to do whole main game without any grinding unlike with Undernauts.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It is unfortunate how easy this game is given that I love the art style and I am enjoying the story too.

jungl

Augur
The games decent. Its about the same difficulty as stranger in sword city. Honestly only fight I remember being hard in stranger was with the red armor kid and the dragon. RPGS are terrible genre to play if you care about difficulty. They are too meta based and have constant save load built in as a feature.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys. Just wanted to report that I finally got around to playing this now and I am absolutely LOVING it. :) The horror/old 1979 atmosphere, the exploration, the mechanics, the LORE & STORY...!! Just having a blast so far. Looking forward to spending much more time with it as I also am a big fan of their other dungeon crawlers. Well, hope u guys also are having fun. Cya round! :)

Tarrant

Educated
Hey guys. Just wanted to report that I finally got around to playing this now and I am absolutely LOVING it. :) The horror/old 1979 atmosphere, the exploration, the mechanics, the LORE & STORY...!! Just having a blast so far. Looking forward to spending much more time with it as I also am a big fan of their other dungeon crawlers. Well, hope u guys also are having fun. Cya round! :)

Any recent word on an English release? I'm impressed by how far Experience crawlers have come. Unfortunately, my katakana never progressed beyond OK and cancel.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
The setting and atmosphere are unique and great. Unfortunatley combat is too convoluted for its own good. Because of the modifiers you can switch before every turn, there are so many button presses needed (even with auto-battle), it becomes tedious very fast and I had enough after 10 hours.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
To me Experience Inc games are like CoD for normalfags, i know i'm getting a new dungeon crawler from them every single year and it will be just okay, enough to spend a few nights dungeon crawling.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
To me, Undernauts shows that Experience Inc. are *masters* of their craft. Undernauts is on par with Stranger Of Sword City (haven't played Savior Of Sapphire Wings yet) and is just phenomenal, and I feel worth the price. They jammed so many interesting little tidbits into the game that it oozes character and charm, and always has something interesting to see and do. Really enjoying it so far, 4 hours in (and recording for YouTube :) ).

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Oh don't get me wrong, their games are not bad, they just kinda mesh together once you play most of them, Samurai class for example is always OP in EVERY SINGLE GAME. At this point i think that it's an easter egg.

Tarrant

Educated
Oh don't get me wrong, their games are not bad, they just kinda mesh together once you play most of them, Samurai class for example is always OP in EVERY SINGLE GAME. At this point i think that it's an easter egg.

Agreed they aren't without their faults, but what I've *really* come to appreciate as an adult is the attention to quality of life. Best example I can provide is the difference between Tales of the Forsaken Land and.. name an Experience crawler. The former, which I still enjoyed immensely, was soooo slowwww in the combat department. The latter's games let me rocket through combat on par with the early Wizardary games. Time is a thing now in these silly little terribly finite lives of ours.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started playing it. Enjoying so far but pity it's really on easier side. If encounters were actually deadly instead of just free loot it could be decent horror-rpg, genre which is nonexistent right now.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw funny how trailer openly lies to you. "Elite group of explorers!" when in reality it's total opposite. Literally bunch of high school kids and wommynz with zero experience illegally hired for peanuts for quick profits, because experienced men are all working for big corps. And of course they are slaughtered and eaten 5 minutes after walking into the labyrinth in the opening scene.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Now THAT sounds interesting. It is certainly a cool setting, if nothing else.
This is our company.
7C9HtzY.jpg

I mean maybe we are glowing a bit, i'm still very early in the game, but part about "elite" is a lie.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Disappointed a bit, to be honest. It's not bad game but extremelly short and easy. Took me ~50 hours including postgame and grinding monsters for rank 1 promotion. Hardest fight in the game is assault on camp in first few hours, after it i was never even close to dying. Few random instant deaths - yes, losing battle - no. Final bosses go down literally in 2 turns each.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Interesting.

I'd expect some challenge though, I'm not buying a casual Dungeon Crawler 50€, let's wait for a 60/75% discount.

Were the control issues fixed? A Negative Steam reviews mentions this.

Igfarlas

Barely Literate
Found a game stopping bug, at least for me.

When you beat the first boss monster and then go back to the camp, if you show the girl the foto the game tells you it can't proceed until something is installed and the locks you in on the screen

FDYbHXBXsAI223x.jpg

Hey dude, I am having the same problem, how did you get through this?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Found a game stopping bug, at least for me.

When you beat the first boss monster and then go back to the camp, if you show the girl the foto the game tells you it can't proceed until something is installed and the locks you in on the screen

FDYbHXBXsAI223x.jpg

Hey dude, I am having the same problem, how did you get through this?

They patched this out long ago, you playing the official game?

Igfarlas

Barely Literate
Ah I see, then I'ma need to find a patch. Kind of a blessing in disguise to be honest, otherwise I would be playing this game all day long hah.
Thank you so much for the fast response.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Incredible, they are printing out the text at once, not character by character. This game is more advanced than any holywood movie or any jap games.

Cyanide

Novice
This game, Lanyrinth of Refrain and Elminage Gothic 3DS are the most accessible dungeon crawlers I've ever played. It's really worth the time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom