Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi - new Exp. Inc dungeon RPG

Dorarnae

Arbiter
oh i had completely forgotten about that game. it came out before SoSC i think. either way it's more of a visual novel than a DRPG, i tried playing it but i spent about 25 minutes clicking thru reams of bad anime text dumpb before saying 'fuck this'. It also wasn't rated highly on websites for whatever that's worth.

they helped doing the game but I forgot who else was involved in the project. while the game I agree wasn't that great, it gave the chance for the composer to try new things and there was a few tracks that were pretty good.

I just hope it's not another Labyrinth Cross blood port. I mean I really like this game and I know they'll eventually do another port/remake of that game, but I don't want to own that game for a 4th time now lol.(well same with SoSC)
always tempting to play the latest version...

Dorarnae

Arbiter
the other game could be demon gaze 3, I think this is suposed to be a trilogy.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

This Yomi thing is coming West via Aksys. https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/und...west-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-this-fall

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi coming west for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC this fall

Yomi-Saku_03-04-21.jpg

Aksys Games will release Experience-developed dungeon RPG Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi, known as Yomi wo Saku Hana in Japan, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via STeam this fall in North America and Europe, the publisher announced.

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi first launched for Xbox One in June 2012 in Japan, followed by PlayStation 4 and Switch in October 2020. The western release is the first instance of a PC version.

Here is an overview of the game, via Aksys Games:

Tokyo. 1979. When a massive, mysterious structure suddenly rises from the ground, the government sends a team to investigate. You have been selected to join an elite group of underground explorers employed by Cassandra Company. Unfortunately, you are not the only one searching these caverns. Terrifying monsters lurk in the shadows. Dangerous criminals hunt for resources. Large numbers of people are missing. The test of your survival skills begins now…

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Seems that i'm stocked up of dungeon crawlers for all year then. In two weeks we have saphire wings/stranger of the sword city revisited and now this one, did something happen? was a twitch streamer or someone popular talking about the genre?

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Fuck, the game is coming out too close of Shin Megami Tensei V, nothing worthwhile for months and two great games coming two weeks apart? Fuck.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Fuck, the game is coming out too close of Shin Megami Tensei V, nothing worthwhile for months and two great games coming two weeks apart? Fuck.

Is this game great though? I thought I heard that despite the edge look it is a pretty easy game?

I personally think it's an ok game, nothing more. start off great but then nothing really special. I don't really like the new change that experience inc. are bringing in their game lately,I guess they're experimenting with some stuff.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I am already hyped. Game is looking good and I bloody well loved Stranger of Sword City.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I don't really like the new change that experience inc. are bringing in their game lately

Such as?

items that increase your stat permanently. I personally think the game should encourage creating new characters if you want to try different class. What I mean is, there's no point in doing another party if your main party have insane stats.

dungeon exploration, kinda the same as strange of sword city but bigger dungeon, I personally think they should go back to generation xth,labyrinth cross blood, I personally prefered the dungeons in those game, or at least something more complex I guess.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Experience Inc is the McDonalds of the sub-genre, making their games hardcore would be insane, look at StarFish SD. There's no market for hardcore stuff, Dungeon Travelers series is also dead and pretty hardcore.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Might do another playthrough once the english version comes out, i have like two weeks until SMT V comes out anyway.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Looks like he game I've been waiting for since I've played Stranger of Sword City.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom