Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jezal_k23

I'll be heading to Depot A tomorrow with my new build. Tchort only knows whether I'll succeed. I fucking hope I do, because starting the game with a new build will be one hell of an undertaking.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
expensive in indonesian price is different. the game with regional pricing cost IDR 69.000 around 5 usd.

i guess the place i eat is moderate. there are >50 bucks / person restaurants which is just exorbitant. so last evening i ate a chicken briyani rice for IDR 67.000 + drink for around IDR 15.000.

in here "cheap" is around 2 dollars max / IDR 30.000 and the poorer place that's literally just tarps beside the street, a meal cost you around a dollar with drink included.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Aw man. Something's wrong with the expansion if you're using Proton. You can't save the game at all and if you have autosaves during area transitions turned on, when you enter a new area you just get a black screen. The game worked flawlessly the last time I tested it with Proton a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well. I'll have to wait a little bit before playing the expansion.
:negative:
At least I D1P'd to contribute to the Incline.
:dealwithit:

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Is there a way to reliably get Initiative with 4 Dex, 6 Agi, no savescumming?
My tactic for these buggers was to Forcewall their path and run around so that they spot me. If they roll higher Init, than I hide behind a door and end combat, and repeat.
If they roll lower than I can after hiding, with Tranquility, open a door 25AP - Forcepunch 10AP - Forcewall 10AP, and be sure that when the wall goes down I will be moving first to close the door.
Any other tricks aside from Agi boots and Init food?
53rO34y.png

Is there a way for a Psiker to start combat from stealth and be first? When I cast, I leave stealth...
Right now when I have space, I back up so that the "green eye" over the enemy heads is gone, which means they dont see me even unstealthed, and blast them with something Premeditated. Sometimes even dishonorably into the fog...

I forgot how quickly one gets to level 6 and only then it slows down.

Sykar

Arcane
Is there a way to reliably get Initiative with 4 Dex, 6 Agi, no savescumming?
My tactic for these buggers was to Forcewall their path and run around so that they spot me. If they roll higher Init, than I hide behind a door and end combat, and repeat.
If they roll lower than I can after hiding, with Tranquility, open a door 25AP - Forcepunch 10AP - Forcewall 10AP, and be sure that when the wall goes down I will be moving first to close the door.
Any other tricks aside from Agi boots and Init food?
53rO34y.png

Is there a way for a Psiker to start combat from stealth and be first? When I cast, I leave stealth...
Right now when I have space, I back up so that the "green eye" over the enemy heads is gone, which means they dont see me even unstealthed, and blast them with something Premeditated. Sometimes even dishonorably into the fog...

I forgot how quickly one gets to level 6 and only then it slows down.

Reliably? Only if you initiate combat by pressing Enter. You can improve your odds by picking Paranoia feat and drink the soda, but even with those two adding 10 your initiative is too low to reliably gain initiative. Stealth is an option to get into position. Bear in mind while you are in stealth and while it is on CD you cannot change cloths.

Jezal_k23

Is it now worse to make an enemy out of the Black Eels than before? Are you fucked if you go Scrappers now that the expansion has added all that naval stuff?

Jezal_k23

Well the balance between Scrappers and Black Eels is now totally fucked then. Doesn't look like it'll ever be worth siding with the Scrappers again.

Sykar

Arcane
Does anyone know if not meeting strength requirement on armor impacts a pure PSI somehow? I know what it does with weapons but it is unclear to me how not meeting the strength requirements of armor impact your character.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've realized I no longer remember much of anything about the game mechanics, or at least not enough to instantly devise an absurdly min-maxed build. :dealwithit: But that's all right―it'll be almost like the first time all over again.

I just need to know if spears, swords, and shotguns (or at least spears and swords) are integrated into the base game, or if they're sequestered in expansion areas. I want to do a spear guy, but I'm not eager to wait fifteen hours to finally find a spear, unless I've already played through once or twice and know what I'm in for.

Jezal_k23

Everything is available from the start. I've already found several shotguns (and ammo for them), spears, machetes, etc. in stores throughout the game, starting from the SGS armory.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How viable is a pure shotgun build going to be? I've been messing around, but I'm probably going to restart because I wasted some points and acted dumb. I want to be able to craft my own stuff and sink at least some chemistry so I can press trainshot later. I was also thinking be squishy with 3 con since this is going to be build around stealth and mobility which is where the whole "be a sniper" thing doesn't seem to work since you need to be able to get close, but not right next to targets to get the most out of the perks and still be alive for another turn.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I was thinking about doing a sneaky shotgun build, but my last game was sneaky crossbow so instead going to go opposite and do max CON tanky shotgun dude!

I have a lot of research to do but here are some early musings...

STR 7 for Juggernaut and other feats
CON 10 for Thick Skull and the lots of health
PER ? not sure if Fragmented Chaos is worth it as it costs 9 PER
INT ? maybe worth putting in points for crafting
Dump stats are DEX, AGI and maybe WILL

I see feats for shields (shield bash etc), anyone know how shields work, thats a new thing right? Can you shoot guns while holding shield?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything is available from the start. I've already found several shotguns (and ammo for them), spears, machetes, etc. in stores throughout the game, starting from the SGS armory.

Yeah, but you have to pay out the nose or waste points of persuasion, bad deal if you're dumping will, which I did. I guess you just get to spend the first section using handguns until you can sell enough crap.

Latro

Arcane

Yeah, but you have to pay out the nose or waste points of persuasion, bad deal if you're dumping will, which I did. I guess you just get to spend the first section using handguns until you can sell enough crap.
pure shotty uses perception just like any other cheaper gun. max out CON and you shouldn't have any issues surviving till you get your grubby mitts on one. you also want 5 STR to wield shotguns without penalty, if you can spare a point for 6 STR, anything else can tide you over (sniper, ARs, etc etc)

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Great early game PSI combo: Tranquility+Continuum Ripple -> Prepare battle field with traps -> go max range, apply Distortion 3 times, break LoS -> apply 3 more times, see the fun begin while the enemy is caught in traps. Wiped out the warehouse of PSI beetles without a problem. Throw in a bag of caltrops and they are completely at your mercy and popping Distortions left and right.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aw man. Something's wrong with the expansion if you're using Proton. You can't save the game at all and if you have autosaves during area transitions turned on, when you enter a new area you just get a black screen. The game worked flawlessly the last time I tested it with Proton a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well. I'll have to wait a little bit before playing the expansion.
:negative:
At least I D1P'd to contribute to the Incline.
:dealwithit:

Seems it's a problem with Mono (Linux implementation of .NET), I managed to get it to work by manually installing .NET 4.0 and 4.52 on the relevant prefix with winetricks. Game now saves and loads, but it takes something like ~15 secs to do a "quick"save.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeganism
Freeganism is a practice and ideology of limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources, particularly through recovering wasted goods like food
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumpster_diving
salvaging of waste in large commercial, residential, industrial and construction containers to find items that have been discarded by their owners, but that may prove useful to the picker. It is not confined to dumpsters and skips specifically, and may cover standard household waste containers, curb sides, landfills or small dumps.

he eats better than any of us while paying only for parking ticket(if at all)
Not really,most of easter europa is cheap and the food is still normal....good. for 8 euro i could have a glorious diner with a half a litre of good wine.

Tygrende

Arbiter
He wouldn't know, since it's not his image.

All I'm gonna say is, don't expect to get your hands on it anytime soon. It's a rather late game weapon. Which is appropriate, given how strong it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom