Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Polanski

Scholar
Also does anyone know how/where to join the Tchortists? They are all saying they want me to join, but they don't say where to go do it.

I think it would get some purpose into the game for me, if my character actually started working towards evolving himself and others, and bringing mankind back to the surface.

Makagulfazel

Educated
Did Carnifex get nerfed or did something weird happen to my game? Came back later with a few more levels under my belt - still losing the initiative roll every time - and he's wasn't getting the third punch in, therefore not stunning me in the first turn. Molotov cocktails did him in pretty well(due to fear).

Ran through the fight a few times so I had enough action points to rummage his body. His loot was nothing special, which was good to know for subsequent playthroughs.

One of the best things for me in Underrail is ambient music, fits the game perfectly and they didnt even need to hire M Morgan for that lol. Waaaay better then in W2.
Indeed the music is much better then in Wasteland 2. It really sounds like Fallout 1 and 2. Not a single track I heard is getting on my nerve for listening to it to much. Fantastic what devs managed to do here, no other game since Arcanum was so close to Fallout atmosphere and yet the mechanics are so much better . This is the best CRPG I have played in ages and I just got to Junkyard. I am loving even the graphics of the game. Hope the devs port this to mobile to make more money.

bati

Scholar
Indeed the music is much better then in Wasteland 2.

Everything's better than in Wasteland 2. Music, art but most importantly game mechanics. You can tell this is a game that was designed by someone who's a hardcore player and has (you better sit down for this) actually played his game after the mechanics were in place to see if they work and are properly balanced.

I already knew when I played the early access version of UnderRail that it's going to be a new entry in my top 5 games of all time and the release version is only confirming this.

K_B

Learned
Bought thanks to Codex :salute:.

Have to say that I was having a blast for the first 40-50 hours or so, enjoying the setting, quests, and combat. However, after the leap to the Deep Caverns, everything has turned into a frustrating experience. It probably didn't help that I made the descent at level 20, but can you really expect a regular player to finish all the outstanding quests and go oddity hunting for 10 hours or so before moving on with the main quest? In any case - I didn't have any real difficulties figuring out what to do until then, but then everything went kinda downhill.

How the hell I was supposed to figure the dizzy thing in the mushroom caverns out on my own is beyond me. Some truly frustrating fights in Deep Caverns as well, especially the spiders on the electric floor in the power plant. Many Deep Caverns area also have the savescumming-is-a-must feel and that's just bad considering that the game was incredibly good before that (why are there so many grubs in the labyrinth that mess up the stealth for example? one bad step and you're forced to reload, as the tunnels are inaccessible from combat for reasons that I can't comprehend.) My other gripes include not enough hatches in the eye areas, the need to return to the power plant to re-route electricity, and the uninteresting faction quests in the Deep Caverns.

All in all, the endgame is leaving a bitter taste and I think that the Deep Caverns need some adjustments for ordinary players to finish them without having to go online and search for a walkthrough or such. I was even considering quitting the game at one point, but I'm soldiering through to the end, currently just a few steps away from the end I suppose (does anyone know where the mutagen log is?). With a better endgame, it would've been a real gem, now it's a slightly flawed one in my opinion. Massive congratulations to Styg are in order nonetheless and I'm already looking forward to the next project if there will indeed be one.

Everything's better than in Wasteland 2. Music, art but most importantly game mechanics. You can tell this is a game that was designed by someone who's a hardcore player and has (you better sit down for this) actually played his game after the mechanics were in place to see if they work and are properly balanced.

I already knew when I played the early access version of UnderRail that it's going to be a new entry in my top 5 games of all time and the release version is only confirming this.
Not only is better in any way then Wasteland 2 it's also the most stable game released in the past. How the hell did they manage that?

Trimis de pe al meu Galaxy Nexus folosind Tapatalk

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Some bugs:

So, I was doing the foundry quest about the beast. I killed every single bladeling inside the mine. Activated the dispositive to attract the beast, and to my despair, I had to kill a bunch of bladelings AGAIN.

The blueprint, which enables you to extract humor from organs, is not working as intended. It says that you need either an ampule or a flat beaker, but you can only use ampules.

In the Kohlmeier’s quest, when you get his lucky knife and come back to deliver it, he will ask you again to get the knife back. Only then, you can deliver the knife properly.

In the sidequest involving Jack Quicksilver at SGS, when you finally deliver the package, he says that he will sell some things before leaving, but you need to finish the conversation, and start again to buy things from him.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Quick question: Is there a workbench for weapons?

Because I got one for electronics and it gives me a 15% bonus.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Suggestions:

It would be nice to have something like the key ring in Arcanum. This would diminish the mess in the inventory.

The first quest involving burrowers should reward the player with more oddities. It's too difficult at that moment in the game.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
A question: Is your footlocker at your house in SGS, safe? I want to put some heavy stuff there to use later, but I don't know whether my stuff will disappear or not.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Some bugs:

So, I was doing the foundry quest about the beast. I killed every single bladeling inside the mine. Activated the dispositive to attract the beast, and to my despair, I had to kill a bunch of bladelings AGAIN.

The blueprint, which enables you to extract humor from organs, is not working as intended. It says that you need either an ampule or a flat beaker, but you can only use ampules.

In the Kohlmeier’s quest, when you get his lucky knife and come back to deliver it, he will ask you again to get the knife back. Only then, you can deliver the knife properly.

In the sidequest involving Jack Quicksilver at SGS, when you finally deliver the package, he says that he will sell some things before leaving, but you need to finish the conversation, and start again to buy things from him.
In regards to "bug" one. This is not a bug. Killing all bladelings in the mines does not change the fact that there are new spawned when you activate the lure. I understand it that they simply are awakened from the chromium deposits, the same way you sometimes get bladelings when you mine chromium deposits with jackhamer.
"Bug" two. Its not bug, its just not clear enough. You can use an ampule for some extracts, and beaker is needed for other extract, they are not interchangeable.

The remaining two seems to be bugs. I got the Quicksilver one too.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I just want to say again how awesome this game is. I hadn't played it pre-full release and honestly wasn't expecting much, and this game completely sucked me in hard. It is a modern masterpiece along with AoD and WL2.

Ein Axt

Educated
Ok so I am level 11, lets say I am at South Cross Station or whatever. The place with the Protectorate.
I am using a Shock Tungsten Steel Dagger. I cant craft knives to improve them because I havent found the blueprint. 8-21 mechanical damage, 17-34 electric damage.

I attack a random worker (110 hp) with cut-throat with the electric dagger. Without electrical charge, I deal.... 40 damage. Leaving him with 70 hp. On cut-throat.
On an unarmored worker.

South Cross Station? You mean South Gate Station? There is no Protectorate in SGS.

8-21 is plenty base damage. How are you dealing 40 damage on a Cut Throat? It should deal an armor-ignoring hit that deals 800% more damage within 3 turns. Are you using the skill properly? Using it against an unaware enemy, from stealth, from behind?

Ulfsark

Novice
Is there still a level cap? I read about it being 25, reached 25, character still gains XP.... or will I just not be able to level upon reaching it?

Also, sorry for reiterating, I have a PSI beatle carapace of 42 quality, is it close to the best or is there a chance to gain significantly better?

Ein Axt

Educated
Is there still a level cap? I read about it being 25, reached 25, character still gains XP.... or will I just not be able to level upon reaching it?

Also, sorry for reiterating, I have a PSI beatle carapace of 42 quality, is it close to the best or is there a chance to gain significantly better?

Yes, level 25 is the level cap. You will gain experience but you will not get another level up after filling it up.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Retarded new age letsplayers tries out Underrail. There has never been a more fitting video to showcase the nature of decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OX0WziaxY

Only for people with a very high pain tolerance.
I have been watching streams on twitch of people trying out Underrail and for every 5 people 1 cannot be bothered to play it and quits few hours into the game. Usual complaints are no map, slow movement, boring, too old school. Some of those that endure quit when reaching old junkyard due to it being "too hard".

Lhynn

Arcane
do the mutants in the old junkyard respawn?
Most things respawn, but it takes a retarded amount of time for them to do it. If i had to venture a guess itd be like 30 hours or more.

Tigranes

Arcane
I think they used to respawn more significnatly in some early version. It's silly, there should be no respawn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom