Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sheepherder

Augur
Qq39AH4.png

There's still time.
Are the two achievements that you don't are the Trap achievements?
Those two were the ones I got last :D

And in other news, here's a Magnar video, done using only throwing knives.

Yaz

Learned
Are the two achievements that you don't are the Trap achievements?

Rest in Pieces and Hitman.

Always try to use Bullhead before flashbanging like that because sometimes you can bang yourself. Needless reload. In the late game I always find myself using Doc's Pouch because of that.

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, if one playthrough of anything took me 200 hours, I wouldn't replay anything, either.

Playtimes differ wildly across players. And of course between subsequent playthroughs. I don't think my first UR play took 200 hours, but it sure did take a fuckload of time. Now, a run through probably takes under 30 hours to reach pre-DC, especially with Speedhack, but that's because you're almost playing a different game at that point, more of a combat build gauntlet.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah, my biggest problem with expedition is the lack of loot. The game expects you to shoot enemies, kill them with grenades and stuff, but it doesnt give you resources back. No bullets drop, not enough grenades. And what drops is completely useless, since you cant easily convert it into resources you need, so its just garbage laying around.
Kill enemies with loot then. Aegis or better yet pirates, there's fuckton of loot on pirate base. Also you can scrap everything and make tons of repair kits.
Is there a point killing everyone at the gray base?
The loot.
I love RNG myself, but sometimes... I taze the guy, he's stunned; I open with Expose Weakness at 95% THC and 350 effective melee skill - and it's a miss! This or similar happened to everyone. Why do we need this kind of RNG?
It's fun.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, my biggest problem with expedition is the lack of loot. The game expects you to shoot enemies, kill them with grenades and stuff, but it doesnt give you resources back. No bullets drop, not enough grenades. And what drops is completely useless, since you cant easily convert it into resources you need, so its just garbage laying around.
The Native consumables are pretty good though right? Especially +4 STR adrenaline.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still sucks that we can't do anything with Vivian Young. Could've been a nice side hoe to have every time we came to Core City.
I said this in 2019, but every time I replay the JKK quest line, I really do wish we could've had ourselves a waifu. Maybe a surprise appearance in Underrail Infusion? Pretty please Styg?

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I said this in 2019, but every time I replay the JKK quest line, I really do wish we could've had ourselves a waifu. Maybe a surprise appearance in Underrail Infusion? Pretty please Styg?
Don't ruin my 'tismfest with your disgusting waifus.
Thank you.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Still sucks that we can't do anything with Vivian Young. Could've been a nice side hoe to have every time we came to Core City.
She's gone, man. Get over it. That's what makes the questline good, disney-like comeback would ruin it.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
And there was nothing that we could do about it. Ola was a made man, and Vivian wasn’t. And we had to sit still and take it. It was among the JKK. It was real broadcaster shit. They even shot Vivian in the face, so her father couldn’t give her an open coffin at the funeral.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I got 30 points into Pickpocketing to ease my ammo needs at the start on Dom. Does anybody know if it's worthwhile to keep investing? Even just for lore.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
in your case it is not. On DOM you need higher pickpocket levels. Without nearly maxed dex I dont think its worth reaching

Tygrende

Arbiter
I got 30 points into Pickpocketing to ease my ammo needs at the start on Dom. Does anybody know if it's worthwhile to keep investing? Even just for lore.
Yes, it is. You will be swimming in ammo, money and common drugs, you will also get a few uncommon drugs such as super health hypo, unique oddities, more quest solutions. One quest cannot be completed without it at all.

in your case it is not. On DOM you need higher pickpocket levels. Without nearly maxed dex I dont think its worth reaching
That's not how it works. DOM doesn't increase NPC detection. The thresholds for stealing are the same.

Tygrende

Arbiter
That's not how it works. DOM doesn't increase NPC detection. The thresholds for stealing are the same.
in my experience it did. Dunno if its because of lvl, perception, items or extra feats
Well, it doesn't. All DOM does is increase NPC skills. Detection does not depend on any skills, except trap detection which gets boosted by the traps skill. Detection scales with PER, level and can be increased/decreased with a few items/drugs/feats. That's why, for example, it's very hard to pickpocket CoreTech members - their unique helmets give a really high detection bonus. Same goes for NPC snipers with high PER and more important NPCs that tend to be high level.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Purchased and will start to play very soon. A question. Is hard to learn how to use psionics? Or you can learn in the first city?

jackofshadows

Magister
Be prepared to manage cooldowns a lot with a cave wizard tho (as I recall you hate them). Might consider some other build directions because of that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any non expensive way to get more reserves of psionics? I can only have 500 of it and the item which refreshes it costs 850.;...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom