Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

V_K

Arcane
I take this as an admission that no game will ever be made ("can do nothing").

Saduj

Arcane
I take this as an admission that no game will ever be made ("can do nothing").

This one actually makes perfect sense to me.

He has treated people who can and have done something for him very poorly. People gave him money to develop a game and he clearly hasn't done that. He's also reneged on the promise inherent to Kickstarter, which is that regular updates will be provided. And when some of his backers have complained about his failure and refusal to live up to his end of the deal, he has gaslighted and insulted them. And lately, he's progressed to outright trolling not only his backers but other developers and the entire "retro game community". If you have helped him or are someone who could potentially help him, he's been a real shit towards you.

But, if you have no interest in retro crpgs and/or no money to donate to Kickstarter projects, he's done you no harm. He probably comes across as a really nice guy, or at least a decent enough guy, to people who have done nothing for him and don't share his interests.

If you treated people who have helped you like dirt, you'd want to be judged on how you treat strangers too.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Mate, you should leave this thread for a while. Go play some good C64 games.

SV86O7P.png

6eg50h.jpg

shilence

Educated
Doing some mental gymnastics after he failed to scrape together the anticipated 100 votes in his last poll:
sBNSILR.png

shilence

Educated
So many games appealing to nostalgia, nothing new is successful, the whole industry is trapped in a cage

Except Unknown Realm, it's the most talked about game of the last five years! With its upcoming release the factories of commodore will be rebuilt and every household will want a machine to run it on!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Dev is raising 5 kids with some other full-time job he's probably lucky to get 1-2 hours of gamedev a week, he must be exhausted. Next time remember to thoroughly inspect the personal lives of developers you want to back on Kickstarter

Acrux

Arcane
Yeah, but he's not too busy to keep grifting people for money and showing no updates for years. Next time remember to thoroughly inspect what a dev has actually released before you defend them.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Yeah, but he's not too busy to keep grifting people for money and showing no updates for years. Next time remember to thoroughly inspect what a dev has actually released before you defend them.

I'm not defending the grifting, I'm pointing out that development was always going to go at a snail's pace.

Viata

Arcane
Dev is raising 5 kids with some other full-time job he's probably lucky to get 1-2 hours of gamedev a week, he must be exhausted. Next time remember to thoroughly inspect the personal lives of developers you want to back on Kickstarter
Sorry, mate, this is not an excuse for this. He has all that time to shitpost on twitter, but apparently hardly has any time for gamedev and 0 time to keep supporters updated on the game.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Yes, developing JollyDisk™ and every other way he can show why he's supposedly worked at so many studios for such a short credits list. :lol:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No wonder he doesn't work for any current studios. I guess dominos pizza delivery needs people too.

shilence

Educated
w5fQNfU.jpg

I dont' think he'll ever get that noone dislikes or even hates the game.
Bruce - people are angry because of how you treat the people who funded your game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haters holding him back, am I understanding that correct? This is gonna end in tears.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
"How could we possibly let all 15 of them down?"

Since he got only 4 Likes for the poll tweet of 81 Votes, that must mean the other 11 he is speaking of are those who "hate it" across all the sites UR was once promoted.

Then he lets everyone down by retweeting an actual update - to someone else's game:

i4UsFQw.png

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
From February no less. He really must spend all his time just browsing the net and doing nothing.

I must've been blocked by Laura and I don't ever recall tweeting over there. So she got pissy reading the codex. Typical panty-twisted twat I guess. Or are they blocking everyone on that twitter since it is supposedly game related? Maybe the postergeist banderSNATCH is her. Lol.
XGbqf5o.png

Like I don't have other ways to view....
xoc2t5h.png

....not like anything is going on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom