Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found a good colour to use, but I'm not entering text colour each and every time a game releases. Too lazy.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
They all look washed-out for me for some reason.
The medium-gray background might result in some colors not standing out as much as they would with a white or black background, but I confirmed in Photoshop that they are indeed the correct colors.

For example:
MAX RED
MAX YELLOW
MAX GREEN
MAX CYAN
MAX BLUE
MAX MAGENTA
MAX ORANGE
MAX YELLOW-GREEN
MAX AQUAMARINE
MAX CYAN-BLUE
MAX PURPLE
MAX PINK
NAVY BLUE
FRENCH BLUE
INDIGO
JADE
OCHRE
TAN

lightbane

Arcane
About Mech Armada, some of the reviews mention it is clunky, the customization aspect is not as deep as it could be, and the game constantly pushes you forward due an advancing wall of sorts, for good and bad. Can anyone who played this confirm if it's true?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Tactical, Turn-based, Squad-based, Pixel Graphics

This is very good, I only just started but it's amazing what they did with a the RPGMaker engine. I didn't even realize it was RPGMaker before I checked the game's directory.

I'd recommend hard difficulty, merchant + hinder enemy movements upgrades first.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Tactical, Turn-based, Squad-based, Pixel Graphics

So, after playing it further, here's some insights:

+ Good combat
+ Decent AI, aside from some enemies meant to guard castle/towns and sometimes their bodyguards, enemies hunt you down, they don't just idle wait like i've seen on recent TRPG
+ Interesting troops/resource management, better than Warbanners if you need some comparison (the combat isn't as good though)
+ Multiple promotions per unit with multiple paths/choices
+ Multiple objectives and optional objectives during battle
++++++ Press X, you can SKIP cut-scenes

If you like cut-scenes, you'll love this, if you don't, press X...

- The RPGMaker engine has its limits, it gets longer and longer to manage troops equipment/promotions and consumables (permanent boosts)

It's really good, just buy it!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
This looks mint.

@Darth Canoli, what score would you give it currently?

It's better than Maiden Tactics (interesting base capture mechanism but it gets tiring because of it), even better than Sigma Finite Dungeon which I really liked (but it's too short).

80-90% would be my rating, I might be a bit lenient because of the RPGMaker engine but it's amazing what they did with it.
The thing I dislike the most is how slow the healing animation is outside of combat (4/5 seconds).

Play on hard, depending on how well you manage your team (and your luck with items and recruits), the difficulty declines between each threshold (enemy gets new units = new threshold)

Falksi

Arcane
This looks mint.

It's better than Maiden Tactics (interesting base capture mechanism but it gets tiring because of it), even better than Sigma Finite Dungeon which I really liked (but it's too short).

80-90% would be my rating, I might be a bit lenient because of the RPGMaker engine but it's amazing what they did with it.
The thing I dislike the most is how slow the healing animation is outside of combat (4/5 seconds).

Play on hard, depending on how well you manage your team (and your luck with items and recruits), the difficulty declines between each threshold (enemy gets new units = new threshold)
Nice one, cheers dude. That's sold me, I'll grab this one soon enough. Really like the look of it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks mint.

Nice one, cheers dude. That's sold me, I'll grab this one soon enough. Really like the look of it.
I've been enjoying it so far, it's pretty solid. Like I've said elsewhere, it reminds me a lot of Warsong (Langrisser).

Falksi

Arcane
This looks mint.

I've been enjoying it so far, it's pretty solid. Like I've said elsewhere, it reminds me a lot of Warsong (Langrisser).

Boom! Super-sold now. Fucking love that game.:brodex:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Unless SpaceBourne 2 is drastically different from its predecessor, it doesn't remotely qualify as an RPG...although the description on the Steam page does begin by terming the game "RPG-based", which is perhaps sufficient for the Codex in Current Year. :M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unless SpaceBourne 2 is drastically different from its predecessor, it doesn't remotely qualify as an RPG...although the description on the Steam page does begin by terming the game "RPG-based", which is perhaps sufficient for the Codex in Current Year. :M
I encourage people to recommend all games they deem worth. A lot of them will be included. Others won't. I compared the description of the first and second game. The second game talks more about rpgish features, but it could be a trap. I don't know much about Spacebourne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom