Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

USC: Counterforce - sequel to top-down sci-fi tactics Ultimate Space Commando

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1574870/view/4259923998341994955
1.0 Release Details & Word from the Team!
Timing, localization, and a word from the team – All you need to know about the 1.0 release!
Hey marines!

The full launch is fast approaching, and we know you have questions about the release in 1.0 on July 18 during TactiCon showcase (July 18-25). Here are some answers you’re seeking!

6cebe0c3989984349ce7c428c69dd6ab9e268f97.png

First, Aliza & Csaba have something to tell you:
As we approach the launch of USC: Counterforce, we want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all of you. Your support and enthusiasm have been instrumental in bringing our vision to life.

The past four years have been full of challenges and hard work, but we've persevered thanks to your unwavering encouragement.

To our followers, thank you for your passion. To our early access players, your feedback has been invaluable. To our publisher and colleagues, your dedication has made this game a reality. We are honored to work with such an amazing team.

We're excited to announce that the campaign feature will be ready soon. We can't wait to share it with you.

As a small developer team, we are humbled by the tremendous support we've received. We look forward to creating even better experiences for gamers worldwide. Thank you for believing in us and our game!

With sincere gratitude,

Aliza Wenders & Csaba Bak

_

Full Campaign incoming!
The 1.0 launch will bring the
full Campaign
after a few weeks in Beta. Your feedback is instrumental in improving it, and we can't wait to see you discover its content!

Read more about what you can experiment with in the Campaign mode until July 18, before we release the rest of its features and content:

USC: Counterforce EventThu, June 27, 2024
Campaign mode Beta update!
Dive into the Campaign Beta and its new and unique content now!

Release Timing
Check out the map to lock down the release time in your zone and mission sector!

4f73651d7e714635180fabb0fd5a8b1e430a0b0c.jpg

Prices
The game's price will remain the same with the 1.0 launch at
19.99€, $19.99, £16.75
. However, to celebrate this huge milestone, a
-40% off discount
will be applied for 7 days!

Localization
We will have a new localization at release. The game will be available in these languages:
  • English
  • German
  • Simplified Chinese
  • Spanish
  • Hungarian
f167e498633fd77f0e514b685108ca3a35138fb6.jpg

Supporter Pack and Bundles
7f4b99b15d371db0e71d27fff29ac6a7cea3ac59.jpg

We also have a Supporter Pack that you can buy at $4.99. It includes:
  • Exclusive Squad Logos
  • 2 Wallpapers
  • New emoji
  • Exclusive Team Colors (Lime + Violet)
  • The Duckodämmerung
  • Ducky Grenade
  • Over 20 Profile Pictures for your social networks
945f8c1ae05df7062371a2348684f7844b66a32f.jpg

Do you love fighting against alien invasions? Deep tactical turn-based games? Check out our complete-the-set bundle with
Xenonauts 2
to have a
-10% discount
on the game!

If you're here, you probably are a turn-based lover, we also have a surprise for you: a complete-the-set bundle with
Shardpunk
&
Cyber Knights: Flashpoint
coming with a
-10% discount off
(because we never have enough tactical and turn-based games)!

6a7680779d5e6f993c525d40cb5fde6adddbe50e.png

We're so thrilled for the upcoming release. Got more questions about the game? Drop 'em in the comments or hit us up on Steam Discussions!

Stay sharp, marines, and keep your eyes peeled for the next step: release day!

The USC: Counterforce team

Luka-boy

Arcane
Yeah I pmayed it a few days ago until the atsrt of my current trip to Germany.

I guess they mean some weapons that instead of allowing you to aim in an arc in front of the soldier, fire only in the cardinal directions or in a star pattern.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it gets bad reviews due to some weird weapon aiming patterns. Anyone played it?

Pretty sure I mentioned it earlier in the thread - things didnt really change since the pre-realse version. The problem with the game is that it requires way too many clicks to do things (like pressing space to "arm" a weapon before shooting, but also basic stuff like moving stuff in inventory is weirdly complicated instead of just the usual drag and drop stuff).

As for the aiming patters, I personally dont see that as such a huge problem. However it is true that in "normal" TBS, you can aim at any point within the range radius of the weapon (with the exception of LoS blocking terrain etc). In this game weapons indeed have a patern (different guns have different patterns).

a.jpg

The orange fields you can see in the right angle around character called Craig are a pattern in which the minigun can be fired. This seems highly arbitrary and I would certainly say its a dubious design decision.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I can think of 2 reasons- easier to program (proper LoS gets tricky when you start involving cover and trying to represent shooting around it while using it) and also adds a lever for balancing. I understand the complaint, but this seems way more arcade than sim to me anyways, so I've got no problem with it.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's a big deal to me as I was thinking it's a more simulationist game. Didn't realise it's Space Hulk: Chess as one of the reviewers put it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play much but already bought it weeks ago so I can't get a refund anymore :negative:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1574870/view/4347746728040129157
Regular update -- v1.00.3a (b240726)
USC:CF v1.00.3a, build 240726

NEW

• Added a "Free aim mode" option on starting a new game in any game mode
    • It converts *most* STAR and SWEEP pattern ranged weapon attacks to FREE pattern attacks
    • The 2.5X close-burst bonus is still AVAILABLE
    • PASSTHROUGH attacks (Sniper rifle: Pinpoint strike, Laser Scorcher: Line scorch, Flamethrower: Line ignite) will still aim in STAR pattern
    • The setting will persist through that playthrough (i.e. stored in the save) and you can't change it, like you can't change Difficulty
    • The setting doesn't incur any "penalties" for using it outside the fact that the original game difficulty is not balanced around it
  • Added a button to sort units by assigned squad (if applicable) on the Campaign roster panel

OPTIMIZATION

• Further optimizations to the audio engine

FIXES

• Fixed a critical bug in the Campaign where some spaceship special missions were not generated and booted back to the main menu, blocking progression with that mission
  • Fixed a critical bug in the Campaign where the first phase of spaceship special missions wrongly required a "datadisk" to be extracted; the fix is retroactive, you can continue such a mission
  • Fixed a bug where you could assign unspent Skill Points indefinitely in Campaign mode if you had an item selected in the inventory while doing so
  • Fixed a bug where you weren't able to put turrets in ammo slots contrary to the tooltip
  • Fixed some environmental objects (a few pipes in particular) being indestructible and/or fully blocking the path
  • Fixed inconsistent buying/crafting of the Painkillers item in Campaign
  • Various minor UI fixes
  • Various minor fixes to Hungarian localization

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is a glorious change, enough to tip me over the fence into buy territory.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom