Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

V Rising - open world survival game where you play as a vampire and build a castle

halkony2012

Literate
I seem to have hit a bit of a road block where now the blood hunts available are 3+ gear levels above my equipment.

Is there another path forward? Seems like these are the options:
a) git gud: progress through the bosses taking minimal hits
b) grind paper: until an armor upgrade is discovered
c) prebuff: find some 80% blood and consumable buffs

I assume playing solo has exaggerated this rough spot.

Are you around Gear level 35-40? I've started doing Dunley farmland content solo, and I really feel like I'm supposed to be grouped for some of the more useful blood hunts.

hahahahah what the fuck is this
image.png

Ah yes, my sex is upside down triangle.

Lol. This is also one of those games with bearded females (seems like every casual rpg does that these days). Hate how that shit sneaks into my randomizer rolls.

Alphard

Magister
i have quit this trash. too many griefers on pvp servers. we got raided twice, our castle got destroyed, then we got locked inside by another player castle who built just outside of us. honestly it was not fun anymore.i can understand if these people fought us because some rivalry, but they did only to ruin our game and experience, also when we were low level

J1M

Arcane
I seem to have hit a bit of a road block where now the blood hunts available are 3+ gear levels above my equipment.

Are you around Gear level 35-40? I've started doing Dunley farmland content solo, and I really feel like I'm supposed to be grouped for some of the more useful blood hunts.
Yeah, I've realized that the blood hunts are not necessarily in order of difficulty, just in order of gear level.

I found it was helpful to go to the Haunted Mine. Lots of ore there, and the patrolling human archer boss will clear out the undead inside for you. Since several of the bosses in that land mass patrol parts of the zone it is also possible to engage them while they are already in combat or possibly even damaged. I was able to drag the archer's summons into some undead units in the mine, for example. I also started using the +4 strength potion and tried to find brute blood for bosses.

Currently I'm stuck on the last boss for that region, having trouble dealing with the whirlwind attack he does when low health.

Alphard

Magister

Yeah, I've realized that the blood hunts are not necessarily in order of difficulty, just in order of gear level.

I found it was helpful to go to the Haunted Mine. Lots of ore there, and the patrolling human archer boss will clear out the undead inside for you. Since several of the bosses in that land mass patrol parts of the zone it is also possible to engage them while they are already in combat or possibly even damaged. I was able to drag the archer's summons into some undead units in the mine, for example. I also started using the +4 strength potion and tried to find brute blood for bosses.

Currently I'm stuck on the last boss for that region, having trouble dealing with the whirlwind attack he does when low health.
just a useful tip. there is another boss in the mine, the undead commander . it is very high level but drops a secret recipe for a reaper. you cant kill it at your current level, BUT if you can lure the archer boss to him, she will kill him 80% of the times, and you just need to hit him when he is at low health. aldo unlocking blood projectiles. the reaper will last you until late game, since it has high ph attack, spell power and crit. so you can skip entirely merciless iron and dark whatever weapons, saving ton of resources

Mortmal

Arcane

hahahahah what the fuck is this
image.png

Ah yes, my sex is upside down triangle.

Lol. This is also one of those games with bearded females (seems like every casual rpg does that these days). Hate how that shit sneaks into my randomizer rolls.

Getting there and its starting to be unfun, boss fights you cant melee , just have to kite and use chaos volley as they hit like truck and you spend your time dodging AOE, it's boring . Seems the game was developped for a small group.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This game really sells you on the fantasy of being a vampire. It's just like the part in Nosferatu where the vampire punched wood for 3 hours, then got eaten by a bear.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Killed the final Paladin "Solarus". I'm happy that this game is in general gaming and not in RPG. Because it is a "dressing" game, not a proper RPG. I liked be able to build stuff but only having 2 spells, a ult and a move skill and the fact that my char is nothing and his gear, is a huge problem. I would say that is far worse than Bloodlust 2 but still ok.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I din't liked in this game is that 100% of your power comes from gear. I wish that we could progress by practice and research not by finding better items.

J1M

Arcane
What I din't liked in this game is that 100% of your power comes from gear. I wish that we could progress by practice and research not by finding better items.
Don't you need to research and practice to take down the tougher foes in new areas? Unless they can be bum rushed in multiplayer? I only played solo.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Don't you need to research and practice to take down the tougher foes in new areas?

You din't understood my point. My ring broke in a boss fight and suddenly I was doing almost zero damage to the boss. I hate when my power comes from items, not from my char.

Just compare Diablo 1/2 with 3. In 1, you can beat the game naked, in 3 even summons and unarmed attacks scale with your weapon.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hey, visuals don't look that ba.... *game zooms in to character models*

Oh...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The game is good but some problems that I encountered so far ?
  • Body types instead of genders
  • Too gamey stuff - eg - reanimation skills that lasts for 8 seconds, cooldowns everywhere, your char power is 100% dependent on the gear, if you miss press "1" and uneqquip your weapon, you suddenly become unable to damage enemies with spells by no reason
  • No "defend your castle" from mobs mechanic, like we have in 7d2d and Valheim.
I`m not saying that the game is bad. Is just that I prefer to become a warlock by doing research and casting spells instead of finding/crafting a "warlock set"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
To play SinglePlayer mode:
Private Game -> Advanced Settings -> Only Solo Play -> Start Game
This is new one. You need to jump trough hoops to even play it without online stuff.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I watched my best friend play this at his place, the game looks very sterile and indistinctive, very plastic looking. Visually it kind of wants to be Lost Ark or PoE 2 or something like that. Boss fights look boring and same like in any other game of this type. The interface is the most generic MMO interface. Bleh.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Don't you need to research and practice to take down the tougher foes in new areas? Unless they can be bum rushed in multiplayer? I only played solo.
That's what the research is for, to get better gear.
Well, sort of. I don't know how it is in the proper release, but it used to be that you could beat bosses with gear that's like 10 levels lower. It's bloody hard to do and it takes a while, but it certainly is doable.

I'm disappointed to still see the hard resets. I would have preferred they bound progression to your account, so if you do reset the server you can rebuild a lot faster. Maybe have an actual perk system so you can have some true builds going, instead of this wish-washy gear based shit where you just need to change your shirt to change your build.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This is resource gathering and castle building game not Diablo II.

You play it to make new floor of your castle and make it look awesome.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did this game ever get better than it was at launch by the way? I read people saying the castle building was shallow with no room for personal style. I kinda lost interest but stayed subscribed to the thread for some reason.

EDIT: I tried to watch that review that ADL posted but dear god that guy is awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom