Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Hybrid FPP/Overhead Turn-based Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Heh. That reflections comment.

Sarathiour

Cipher
More than likely I'll get a lot of feedback like this. Just because I prefer it one way doesn't mean players will.
That certainly holds true for certain denizens of the F95Zone forums. :lol:

TnDePRN.png
F95zone is a bit like the dex, it's own kind of special, a place where I witnessed dev or "artist" getting death threat for switching their catering from am pit fetishist to footfaggot.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Wait a minute... wasn't this game a budget turn-based game with scripted, albeit static, sex scenes?
Yes, we're all surprised with this turn of events

Then I'm rooting for Pinky to see the project through to the end. If it will succeed and if it will be successful enough to make another game, the second one has a chance to be something more than usual Steam-slop.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm not sure if to laugh or to cry. Oh well, WoD has proven to be literally impossible in modern times, seeing how the writers were cancelled for trying to be edgy.
Hell, imagine something like Gypsy or ANYTHING from Wraith being released today.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
imagine something like Gypsy
Okay, dude. I want you stop and critically think about this. Why would you want to write a game where Romany—a real ethnic group that were enslaved, genocided, and are still persecuted to this day—are depicted as magical creatures who curse white folks, have magic related specifically to stealing, and whose magic is tied to their blood purity?

Vatnik Wumao
Natural outsiders like the romani fit well into vampire fiction because vampires live within larger human society without ever assimilating.

Can you imagine a game about law abiding vampires? Got that loisense to feed mate?

lightbane

Arcane
imagine something like Gypsy
Okay, dude. I want you stop and critically think about this. Why would you want to write a game where Romany—a real ethnic group that were enslaved, genocided, and are still persecuted to this day—are depicted as magical creatures who curse white folks, have magic related specifically to stealing, and whose magic is tied to their blood purity?
Because I can, screw political correctness!
I must remind you that WoD also had werewolf eugenics maniacs, werewolves that screwed only wolves to keep their purity, the ghosts from WWII being forged into spare coins for other ghosts, everything about Pentex... In the 90s, no-one cared if something was offensive.
Nowadays, having a game set in the Age of Discovery starring a stereotypical British explorer who stumbles upon savages is at high risk of being canceled before you can even blink. Funnily enough, there's a game from the 90s that does just that IIRC.

Can you imagine a game about law abiding vampires? Got that loisense to feed mate?
There are a few works that try that, I believe.

lightbane

Arcane
In the 90s, no-one cared if something was offensive.
It's not the 90s anymore grandpa, don't you have taxes to file or something?
You're right, we're in the Dark Future- Wait, no. Even in Cpunk, food is aplenty, movies don't seem to suck, ads are cool and actually sell what they offer in the ad itself, and cybernetics are available everywhere. We're in worse times.

In the 90s, no-one cared if something was offensive.
It's not the 90s anymore grandpa, don't you have taxes to file or something?
You're right, we're in the Dark Future- Wait, no. Even in Cpunk, food is aplenty, movies don't seem to suck, ads are cool and actually sell what they offer in the ad itself, and cybernetics are available everywhere. We're in worse times.
Cyberpunk, but banal and boring.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Because I can, screw political correctness!
If you genuinely want Romany to be depicted as subhuman monsters, then get off your ass and make it. See how audiences respond.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom