Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 delayed to early 2025

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Paradox Interactive; The Chinese Room; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...bloodlines-2/news/whats-next-for-bloodlines-2

Today, The Chinese Room’s Alex Skidmore, Creative Director for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and Mattias Lilja, Deputy CEO for Paradox Interactive, share an update on Bloodlines 2.

To quickly recap, Mattias and Alex share:
  • Bloodlines 2’s release window has been updated to the first half of 2025.
  • Paradox and The Chinese Room’s commitment to delivering a high-quality action RPG for Vampire fans, new and old.
  • Some of the things they're excited about working on with the additional time.
The Chinese Room and Paradox will continue to post frequent updates, including Dev Diaries, deep dives, and more. We are not going into a quiet period; our teams have been hard at work making the best possible Vampire Action RPG and have lots of cool stuff to share.

Why are you updating the release window?
Earlier this year, Paradox reaffirmed our commitment to delivering high-quality games to our players, and the launch update is a proactive decision derived from this commitment. Though the game is in a good enough place that we could have maintained our planned release window, Paradox and The Chinese Room collaboratively decided to prioritize polish.

What will the additional time be used for?
It will be used to create a quality assurance buffer, giving more time between testing and launch, ensuring we release the game when it’s ready. The extra time gives us an opportunity to adjust certain areas, such as Fabien, and incorporate other community feedback.

We will also use the time to expand the game’s story, and now Bloodlines 2 will have more than twice as many endings as its predecessor.

What’s next?
World of Darkness and The Chinese Room will continue to engage with Bloodlines 2 fans.

We’ll discuss everything from our vampire take on Seattle to social feeding and the different factions in the city. We’ll also introduce you to more characters, giving you a chance to get familiar with the Kindred, who controls the city from the shadows, ahead of the game’s launch.

It has been a long journey, but we’re near the final stages of development and will share the release date once we are confident with the game’s level of polish.

Seattle welcomes you to explore its dark vampiric underbelly in 2025; until then, stay tuned to our social media channels for more Bloodlines 2 updates: Discord, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.​

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Holy moly, no wonder why the character art direction of the game took such a massive dump. This faggot could be a super moderator at r/feminism.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm very surprised I'm wrong on late 2024 being a complete bloodbath for major game releases. Not surprised the reason is the trash is all getting delayed. The AAA(A) industry is fucked in 2025 and would not be surprised if future historians mark the year as the official date of the second video game crash's start. There's far too many failures of this kind of game in waiting, where even the lowest information player will look at a trailer for and say looks like crap, the first next gen console is supposed to come out while MS is running for the hills and Sony is stuck with a PS5 nobody actually buys software for.

Vulpes

Scholar
So all four of the big-budget RPGs (Avowed, KCD, BL2 and Veilguard) that were supposed to come in late 2024 will now be releasing in early 2025 instead? The absolute state of this industry

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So all four of the big-budget RPGs (Avowed, KCD, BL2 and Veilguard) that were supposed to come in late 2024 will now be releasing in early 2025 instead? The absolute state of this industry
I think Failguard is still on track for November.

Riel

Arcane
I think Failguard is still on track for November.
It's not exactly great news, but Failguard is actually releasing October the 31th according to news posted on this site.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/dragon-age-the-veilguard-releasing-on-october-31st.151035/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was honestly surprised by this delay. Was expecting Paradox to just say fuck it, just let this project die. Cut the losses and move on...

No idea what *specifically* Paradox is expecting for this game. But we shall see next year...

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please, let this result in more development diaries/updates and respective news posts, which we all so passionately consume here!

So nice we all can enjoy a few extra months of those.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Paradox Interactive; The Chinese Room; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...bloodlines-2/news/whats-next-for-bloodlines-2

Today, The Chinese Room’s Alex Skidmore, Creative Director for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and Mattias Lilja, Deputy CEO for Paradox Interactive, share an update on Bloodlines 2.​
To quickly recap, Mattias and Alex share:​
  • Bloodlines 2’s release window has been updated to the first half of 2025.
  • Paradox and The Chinese Room’s commitment to delivering a high-quality action RPG for Vampire fans, new and old.
  • Some of the things they're excited about working on with the additional time.
The Chinese Room and Paradox will continue to post frequent updates, including Dev Diaries, deep dives, and more. We are not going into a quiet period; our teams have been hard at work making the best possible Vampire Action RPG and have lots of cool stuff to share.​
Why are you updating the release window?
Earlier this year, Paradox reaffirmed our commitment to delivering high-quality games to our players, and the launch update is a proactive decision derived from this commitment. Though the game is in a good enough place that we could have maintained our planned release window, Paradox and The Chinese Room collaboratively decided to prioritize polish.​
What will the additional time be used for?
It will be used to create a quality assurance buffer, giving more time between testing and launch, ensuring we release the game when it’s ready. The extra time gives us an opportunity to adjust certain areas, such as Fabien, and incorporate other community feedback.​
We will also use the time to expand the game’s story, and now Bloodlines 2 will have more than twice as many endings as its predecessor.​
What’s next?
World of Darkness and The Chinese Room will continue to engage with Bloodlines 2 fans.​
We’ll discuss everything from our vampire take on Seattle to social feeding and the different factions in the city. We’ll also introduce you to more characters, giving you a chance to get familiar with the Kindred, who controls the city from the shadows, ahead of the game’s launch.​
It has been a long journey, but we’re near the final stages of development and will share the release date once we are confident with the game’s level of polish.​
Seattle welcomes you to explore its dark vampiric underbelly in 2025; until then, stay tuned to our social media channels for more Bloodlines 2 updates: Discord, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.​

I can't even put into words how glad I am that you are posting this as a news instead of posting the fucking 2024 list of Codex best RPGs of all time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom