Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Prime Junta

Hey I have an idea

Let’s discuss SJWs

Also gamergate and Anita Sarkeesian

Also feminists and trannies

And BLM

And Trump

These topics are not receiving sufficient attention

that’s all

Cael

Arcane
What about when you get to bang jeanette?
_sfm__vtmb__jeanette_by_kungfubellydancer_d74m2lx-350t.jpg
Jeanette was less about romance and more about fun and pleasure, which, of course, vampires are not supposed to do because they are above it all, apparently.
For you, perhaps.
You don't romance her type. Or rather, you generally don't get the chance to before the boots knocking happens. VtMB definitely didn't go down the romance path. A bit of flirting and bang. Same thing with Morrigan in DAO.
You don't consider flirting to be romance?
Part but not all of it. Are you seriously trying to tell me you have no idea what romance is???
Two can play that game Cael. Are you seriously telling me flirting continously with someone then having sex isn't romance???
Of course not. As I said, it is only part of it. Your attempt at gotcha is fucking pathetic.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
This is an indirect indication that WoD works best if set in the 1990s. Once you hit a world where everyone has a camcorder in their pocket the Masquerade needs to be abandoned. It would either be constantly violated and a sizable portion of the internet would know vampires are real, or some very hard to believe magic needs to be introduced that makes it nigh-impossible to violate it unintentionally.
It's really a non issue. A sizable portion of the internet knows that UFOs are real. Just fill youtube with endless stream of fakes, let some crazies talk about them for a while, and in a short while almost nobody will take another claim about vampires seriously, no matter how compelling the evidence is. I'd say modern time is more fitting for Masquerade than any time before.

Smartphones and body cams haven’t stopped the police from shooting blacks and tazing retards to death, I’d imagine vampires would give even less of a fuck.
And why shouldn't they shoot blacks? Being black means you are automatically innocent? Be a fucking idiot, die like one.

So completely sick of black faux victimhood. As bad as muslims.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Hey I have an idea

Let’s discuss SJWs

Also gamergate and Anita Sarkeesian

Also feminists and trannies

And BLM

And Trump

These topics are not receiving sufficient attention

that’s all

I agree, these topics are getting old, let's talk about something fresh and original say like...oh I don't know...killing Elves?

Are Vampires just emo Elves whose masks have slipped a little?

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Jeanette was less about romance and more about fun and pleasure, which, of course, vampires are not supposed to do because they are above it all, apparently.
For you, perhaps.
You don't romance her type. Or rather, you generally don't get the chance to before the boots knocking happens. VtMB definitely didn't go down the romance path. A bit of flirting and bang. Same thing with Morrigan in DAO.
Part but not all of it. Are you seriously trying to tell me you have no idea what romance is???
Two can play that game Cael. Are you seriously telling me flirting continously with someone then having sex isn't romance???

I'm sure what he's getting at is a claim that "true romance" is... well, that, but described in a more poetic way for m'lady.

Swigen

Arbiter
This is an indirect indication that WoD works best if set in the 1990s. Once you hit a world where everyone has a camcorder in their pocket the Masquerade needs to be abandoned. It would either be constantly violated and a sizable portion of the internet would know vampires are real, or some very hard to believe magic needs to be introduced that makes it nigh-impossible to violate it unintentionally.
It's really a non issue. A sizable portion of the internet knows that UFOs are real. Just fill youtube with endless stream of fakes, let some crazies talk about them for a while, and in a short while almost nobody will take another claim about vampires seriously, no matter how compelling the evidence is. I'd say modern time is more fitting for Masquerade than any time before.

Smartphones and body cams haven’t stopped the police from shooting blacks and tazing retards to death, I’d imagine vampires would give even less of a fuck.
And why shouldn't they shoot blacks? Being black means you are automatically innocent? Be a fucking idiot, die like one.

Didn’t say they shouldn’t, jus sayin’ if police don’t care about being filmed why would a damn vampire!

Cael

Arcane

Didn’t say they shouldn’t, jus sayin’ if police don’t care about being filmed why would a damn vampire!
So, being filmed means cops should let blacks go? Wow. Leftard thought processes are worse than a ball of yarn after 20 kittens had gotten through it.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
VV will fall in love with anyone who does what she says to her specifications
Anyone? We were the only ones that could experience her flirting so it's a stretch to say that. I would argue that she's just manipulating us when it's beneficial to her. She leads us by the nose, although it's possible that she really is sympathetic towards us (we don't know). The only reward we get (besides money) is her private dance and some more flirting which is far from falling in love. After the second job she just moves on and we have nothing more to talk about (and we also move on obviously). She seems gentle (e.g. she doesn't want humans to be killed but that just might be due to many hunters lurking about and due to masquerade) and kind (although she has no qualms about us killing the thin blood) but in the end keeps her distance.

Anyway, what VTMB creators did seems like a golden mean. If someone wants to imagine that a character is falling in love no one is stopping him and if someone wants to believe that it's all means to an end, likewise. I thank Boyarsky and Anderson for that, I can imagine what VTMB could look like if Mitsoda had full freedom and no direction from such sensible people as them. If more producers would focus on creating an enjoyable game instead of pushing their own agendas we would have much better RPGs. Seeing that Paradox will focus their time on having proper pronouns and LGBTFAGS representation I can already see how that will end.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
For you, perhaps.

I'm sure what he's getting at is a claim that "true romance" is... well, that, but described in a more poetic way for m'lady.
Yes, because he is a cuck.
What about when you get to bang jeanette?
_sfm__vtmb__jeanette_by_kungfubellydancer_d74m2lx-350t.jpg
For you, perhaps.
Of course not. As I said, it is only part of it. Your attempt at gotcha is fucking pathetic.
Only because the content of your post is so lackluster and devoid of content. You do not add in any metrics for what you consider to be "romance" but expect everyone to adhere to your rigid definition. Undoubtedly you have the romantic acumen of a virgin.

Swigen

Arbiter

So, being filmed means cops should let blacks go? Wow. Leftard thought processes are worse than a ball of yarn after 20 kittens had gotten through it.

Yes! Are you kidding me right now? If police are being filmed they should let blacks go AND vampire shouldn’t bite peeeeooopple!!! EXACTY Wut I say! Y u no understttaaaaand?!

Cael

Arcane
Only because the content of your post is so lackluster and devoid of content. You do not add in any metrics for what you consider to be "romance" but expect everyone to adhere to your rigid definition. Undoubtedly you have the romantic acumen of a virgin.
In other words, you have no idea what romance is, and believe that a bit of flirting in a night club and a night in the sack is "romance". That's OK. You're not alone in that.

Cael

Arcane
Yes! Are you kidding me right now? If police are being filmed they should let blacks go AND vampire shouldn’t bite peeeeooopple!!! EXACTY Wut I say! Y u no understttaaaaand?!
Given that cameras are everywhere, we should just do away with the police altogether, then. Yippee!

Wunderbar

Arcane
The Therese vs Janette showdown should have taken place in front of a mirror. They did a terrific job with camera angles to showcase the battle of two personalities locked in a single body, but the whole thing with pointing a gun looked very awkward and glitchy. I would guess that at some point this cutscene was meant to take place in front of a mirror, with Therese pointing a gun at Janette in the reflection, but they couldn't figure out how to implement reflections, so they dropped the idea.
vampires cast no reflection in a mirror
Only Lasombra have no reflection in the WoD universe.
in vtmb - every vampire, troika even made a whole separate empty mirror map so player was able to see everything but himself.

Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
In other words, you have no idea what romance is, and believe that a bit of flirting in a night club and a night in the sack is "romance". That's OK. You're not alone in that.
Why do you continue to avoid my question. Define what you consider to be romance. This is the second time I must ask you this, and i've referenced the question just before. DEFINE YOUR METRICS.

Cael

Arcane
Why do you continue to avoid my question. Define what you consider to be romance. This is the second time I must ask you this, and i've referenced the question just before. DEFINE YOUR METRICS.
There was no question from you. Just you trying to pass a nightclub flirting and subsequent boots knocking as "romance". You were seriously trying to tell me you have no idea what romance is, which was my question to you.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
There was no question from you. Just you trying to pass a nightclub flirting and subsequent boots knocking as "romance". You were seriously trying to tell me you have no idea what romance is, which was my question to you.
I consider the lead up to the sex, such as the flirting, and jeanette revealing her frustrations with her sister to you, which happens over the course of two nights or so, and the rising friendship between the pc and jeanette, until their ultimate paired bliss to be a romantic moment. It is also in the shadow of a terrible revelation involving jeanette and theresa, which leads to a closer bond due to shared secrets and vulnerabilities. You clearly disagree with my assessment however, and as such, for the third time I ask you, what do you consider to be romance?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You know, the faithful right wing hunters vs sjw sparkling weirdoes.
It could easily be construed the other way. The pale old vampires and their love for established traditions vs the SJW hunters with their desire to equalize the playing field by eliminating the vampires' centuries-old privilege and power.

Black

Arcane
Seeing this guy's taste in games I'm slightly more optimistic about VTMB 2:
EnxJWjs.png

:dead:
So it's a tie between a game in which you die in the first 5 minutes but get resurrected 1 minute after vs a game in which the main character's daughter dies in the first 10 minutes to sad violin music while most players still don't remember lil' cunt's name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom