Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Semiurge

Cipher
It's not even about cramming woke content or lack thereof, for fucking fuck sake, it's about the fact that woke people are, as a general rule, either outright incompetent or thoroughly mediocre at their chosen professions. That is precisely why they turn to wokism in the first place - it's a futile, misguided attempt to rise above their overall shittiness/utter mediocrity in the eyes of society by being "one of the good guys".

It's not that they can't make quality stuff because they're woke. It's the opposite - they're woke because they know they can't make quality stuff and public moralizing is the only thing that will ever give them a chance of not being considered just another utterly worthless failure.

I don't know about that. Maybe the difference is in how political views and general kookiness of character are tolerated today, or even how much they are encouraged in staff of a somewhat menial status even. Still, Amercian colleges went through a change for the worse around the millenium, and they undoubtedly keep spewing pollution (moderate freshmen brainwashed into ultra-leftists) to many creative fields.

Codex Year of the Donut
Do we know that? Because if the game is almost finished, Paradox's idea of hiring a former Ubisoft guy as project lead to wrap things up should have worked. There would be no need to drop Hardsuit Labs and bring in a whole new studio. Oh, and they already said the game is not coming up this year. None of it points to the game being almost done.

If anything Outshill has said is true then Bloodlines 2 has been in a semi-playable state for at least a year now.

If she wasn't just blatantly lying then the game must've went through massive changes from then to now, the retards at HS were too incompetent to finish the game within the current decade, or both.

Hardsuit was just waiting for paradox to buy the rest of the game dev DLC

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think if Copenhagen wanted to be unfriendly to Nazis they could have had at least one casualty in 1940. But, you know, who the hell am I ask. Americans only lost about 400,000 lives solving the problems of these fucking cowards.

DeepOcean

Arcane
No, but seriously. Who comes up with this shit? Where's the self-awareness?
Can't imagine this turning out any more hilarious even if it was purposefully written as a parody.
Lefties have zero self awareness, they really believe they are on Skyrim and they are the dragonborn chosen ones doing the good fight against the legion of nazi agent smiths or something. This is hilarious malkavian shit right there.

Jack and Nines are excellent characters, they are manipulative bastards, Jack in particular, he plays you like a fiddle. The Brujah were always the leftie stereotype of the rebels against the Man but the old writers were smart enough to not make them boring as fuck and have a dark streak on them like all other vampires, they appear emphatetic but manipulate you to do exactly what they want, caring the least for your safety, being no much better than Lacroix in the end.

This is what happens when a talentless hack decides to turn the text on his personal Twitter cringe page/his self insert as awesome chosen one fighter against nazi soccer moms, Rudi.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Jack and Miles are excellent characters, they are manipulative bastards, Jack in particular, he plays you like a fiddle. The Brujah were always the leftie stereotype of the rebels against the Man but the old writers were smart enough to have a dark streak on them like all other vampires, they appear emphatetic but manipulate you to do exactly what they want, caring the least for your safety, being no much better than Lacroix in the end.
I don't quite agree with your opinion on Jack. Yes, he uses you and manipulates you, but depending on the ending he will say different things, which does indicate that he is not such a cold bastard as you seem to suggest. In the "good ending" he says "[The kid] Worked out all right, huh?". In the "bad ending" he says "Too bad about the kid. Ah well, ya can't call 'em all".

Lambach

Arcane
I don't quite agree with your opinion on Jack. Yes, he uses you and manipulates you, but depending on the ending he will say different things, which does indicate that he is not such a cold bastard as you seem to suggest. In the "good ending" he says "[The kid] Worked out all right, huh?". In the "bad ending" he says "Too bad about the kid. Ah well, ya can't call 'em all".

"Too bad about the kid" has about the same emotional weight and impact as "damn, spilled my glass of water".

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jack and Miles are excellent characters, they are manipulative bastards, Jack in particular, he plays you like a fiddle. The Brujah were always the leftie stereotype of the rebels against the Man but the old writers were smart enough to have a dark streak on them like all other vampires, they appear emphatetic but manipulate you to do exactly what they want, caring the least for your safety, being no much better than Lacroix in the end.
And why would you trust on what he say exactly? He is a Brujah but he is an elder, lower generation vampire and there is a lot of evidence that he acts like one, I like when characters are ambiguous.

Harthwain

Magister
"Too bad about the kid" has about the same emotional weight and impact as "damn, spilled my glass of water".
To me it was more like "Too bad about the kid, I liked him". And it makes sense, because he is an experienced vampire, so he doesn't get too attached/emotional out of habit.

And why would you trust on what he say exactly? He is a Brujah but he is an elder, lower generation vampire, I like when characters are ambiguous.
In the ending sequences? Because these words are not meant for the player to hear, therefore it's safe to assume they are objective and not an act of deception on Jack's part.

To be clear - I could be wrong, this is just my interpretation.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
And why would you trust on what he say exactly? He is a Brujah but he is an elder, lower generation vampire, I like when characters are ambiguous.
In the ending sequences? Because these words are not meant for the player to hear, therefore it's safe to assume they are objective and not an act of deception on Jack's part.

Yeah these words are not meant for the player to hear. They are meant for Caine the Taxi Driver. So you were saying it is safe to assume they are objective and not an act of deception on Jack's part... why exactly?

DeepOcean

Arcane
To me it was more like "Too bad about the kid, I liked him". And it makes sense, because he is an experienced vampire, so he doesn't get too attached/emotional out of habit.
A glass half full, or half empty? That is what I meant, he is ambiguous and this is left for interpretation, but you are reminded through the whole game that there is a greater game at play and you are just a peon, Jack acts all emphatetic while the sarcophagus is his bait for Lacroix, he could have discouraged you from going after it, he could have offered a hiding place from the Prince as you were just a peon for Lacroix but he is very happy into sending you into a dangerous situation as there was a huge chance of Lacroix killing you to eliminate any witnesses for his Diablerie. He knew you were getting into major trouble and as a fledgling, you were in great risk of dying, and he lets you go, sure, he says he liked you like your ex says that to her friends while she is going to divorce rape you. She really likes you but business is business.

He makes a huge bet with your life on the table, in the end, against all odds, he wins, so, of course he likes this new peon of his.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Harthwain Listen butthurt metalic baboon, I found your opinion RETARDED that elder vampire who manipulated you through entire game ACTHUALLY! cared for you and was digital substitute for your ran away nigger daddy because he said couple cheap words which might have as well been said sarcastically. Thus I rated such retarded opinion as retarded and simply moved on with my life. Then, like a butthurt metalic nigger you are, you went on rampage and rated bunch of my posts in completely unrelated thread as retarded. You have more posts then I do, this is war you can not win

Codex Year of the Donut
A glass half full, or half empty? That is what I meant, he is ambiguous and this is left for interpretation, but you are reminded through the whole game that there is a greater game at play and you are just a peon, Jack acts all emphatetic while the sarcophagus is his bait for Lacroix, he could have discouraged you from going after it, he could have offered a hiding place from the Prince as you were just a peon for Lacroix but he is very happy into sending into a dangerous situation as there was a huge chance of Lacroix killing you to eliminate any witnesses for his Diablerie. He knew you were getting into major trouble and as a fledgling, you were in great risk of dying, and he lets you go, sure, he says he liked you like your ex says that while she is going to divorce rape you. She really likes you but business is business.

He makes a huge bet with your life on the table, in the end, against all odds, he wins, so, of course he likes this new peon of his.
I interpreted it as him liking you because you can get stuff done and has (some) confidence in your ability towards the latter half of the game.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ButthurtBot 3000 badly lacked digital daddy, thought Jack was one. Reminded him of his real one, because both abandoned him. SadBot

I interpreted it as him liking you because you can get stuff done and has (some) confidence in your ability towards the latter half of the game.
In other words: player was his useful pawn

Harthwain

Magister
Yeah these words are not meant for the player to hear. They are meant for Caine the Taxi Driver. So you were saying it is safe to assume they are objective and not an act of deception on Jack's part... why exactly?
Because I don't think it's meant as an act of deception against Caine the Taxi Driver. "Everything is a deception" is a bit too paranoid approach for me to find it believable, even considering the setting.

A glass half full, or half empty? That is what I meant, he is ambiguous and this is left for interpretation, but you are reminded through the whole game that there is a greater game at play and you are just a peon, Jack acts all emphatetic while the sarcophagus is his bait for Lacroix [...]
If it is an act. But I do agree it's nice to have ambiguity.

Listen butthurt metalic baboon, I found your opinion RETARDED that elder vampire who manipulated you through entire game ACTHUALLY! cared for you and was digital substitute for your ran away nigger daddy because he said couple of cheap words which might have as well been said sarcastically. Thus I rated such retarded opinion as retarded and simply moved on with my life.
And that's exactly the problem: you tried to avoid discussion by using a cop out button, like a plebean.

Then, like a butthurt metalic nigger you are, you went on rampage and rated bunch of my posts in completely unrelated thread as retarded. You have more posts then I do, this is war you can not win
It's not a war. There is nothing to win. It's matter of a principle.

ButthurtBot 3000 badly lacked digital daddy, thought Jack was one. Reminded him of his real one, because both abandoned him. SadBot
You acted butthurt, so I rated you butthurt. Why is that suddenly a problem?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Rating 5 of my posts in Realms Beyond thread as retarded in matters of second after receiving retarded rating to one your post in Bloodlines thread is butthurt lvl: KING KONG! and behaviour not worthy of gentlemanbot

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Now you've rated four my posts from completely unrelated thread as retarded not even reading them of course. This is butthurt war. War you can not win :eek::D
:mixedemotions:

jackofshadows

Magister
being no much better than Lacroix in the end.
That's quite a stretch considering that Lacroix actually sends you on a suicide mission while the other bunch really helps you multiple times. But I agree with the general idea of course - the fact that each character has his own agenda is one of the greatest OG's virtues.

And I don't even want to think what kind of agendas we'd find instead in the sequel if the project was complete by HSL. Even Damsel cameo alone, which was basically a parody on modern commie character could have been presented with a 100% straight ahem face.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm on my phone, so my retarded rating fire rate is low. You have 1478 posts. I have 1000. Rest assured, every single post of yours until end of time will get retarded rating. So far you gave me 100+ retarded ratings. Your butthurt is size of Jupiter

This is war you have lost before it began
Gotta say, it will be amusing pastime for me

DeepOcean

Arcane
being no much better than Lacroix in the end.
That's quite a stretch considering that Lacroix actually sends you on a suicide mission while the other bunch really helps you multiple times. But I agree with the general idea of course - the fact that each character has his own agenda is one of the greatest OG's virtues.

And I don't even want to think what kind of agendas we'd find instead in the sequel if the project was complete by HSL. Even Damsel cameo alone, which is the character who was basically a parody on modern commie could be presented with a 100% straight ahem face.
In the end, I chosen to say fuck to the Camarilla and fuck to the Anarchs, that seemed the most rational option for my character, yes, sure, Lacroix sends you into a suicide mission but Jack's plan might also very well got you killed and he was doing stuff behind your back, a weak "Yeah, the kid wasnt bad, I even liked him." wouldnt convince me whatsoever. I mean, while he isnt a huge obvious bastard like Lacroix and he is an excellent character because he is ambiguous, I knew that if I trusted the Anarchs like a sheep, eventually my character would get burned.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
they appear emphatetic but manipulate you to do exactly what they want, caring the least for your safety
Nines and Jack both go out of their way to make sure you don't die. LaCroix, for his part, never leaves his office.

Sure, the factions are equal in how much they care about the MC. Totally.

Codex Year of the Donut
Smiling Jack is your foster sire and does exactly what any Brujah does with their fledglings. He does care for you in his own way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom