Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Space Nugget

My HYPE score for the March 21st event:

:0/5: - The game is a linear action-driven RPG-lite; the writing efforts are lead by Martin Ericsson and the game features online "social" elements.

:1/5: - The game is a linear action-driven RPG-lite; "Brian Mitsoda" and "Chris Avellone" are name-dropped a couple of times.

:2/5: - The game sounds somewhat promissing; they cut the stream short to show a closed-doors demo to the attendees (DOOM 2016 style).

:3/5: - They say all the/many right things*; there's a short trailer to set the tone.

:4/5: - They say all the/many right things; someone walks up to the stage and walk us through a gameplay demo.

:5/5: - They say all the/many right things; Brian Mitsoda walks up to the stage and walk us through a gameplay demo.

:5/5: x2 - They say all the right things; they walk us through a gameplay demo; the facial animations are ACTUALLY GOOD.

* The right things = single-player, story-driven, RPG, choice & consequence, reactivity, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delterius

Arcane
if this is anything better than vampyr, it s a positive surprise for me
at this point, skepticism is recommended. not to blindly hate, no, just healthy skepticism.
latest

Hobo Elf

we need to fulfill the trinity

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm with FreeKaner on this one. There are just too many ways they can completely ruin it and hoping they will avoid every one of them is naive.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
First of all Paradox is a garbage milking company that pushes their grand strategy DLC policy to their other games. So expect things like portrait pack DLC, music DLC, companion DLC etc. if this game is even remotely successful, they'll milk it until its corpse is dry. Second of all the studio that is making this has only one, moderately successful multiplayer FPS and no previous experience with writing or RPG narrative design. Expecting this to be good is beyond optimistic, it's borderline delusional. Even if all of the team and all their new hires are extremely passionate about VTM and even if the direction Paradox is giving is a great one this would be at its best a linear, story-focused and action-oriented "RPG" with ok narrative design and overall boring mechanics and vision. So basically whatever is coming out will be Deus Ex: Human Revolution grade and that's at its best.

Hell, If it's better than vampyr and less boring, I'll play it, it's VTM after all the setting is intrinsically interesting but don't set up yourselves for crushed dreams, because dreams will be crushed.

FreeKaner

FreeKaner

Space Nugget

I.E not good. Unless you consider Deus Ex:HR to be a good game in which case I don't know what to say.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

That list has dragon age origins at 33#, DARK FUCKING SOULS at 14# (what a RPG) and BG2 above Arcanum, I don't know what braindead boomers with nostalgia glasses are responsible for it but it has as much authority as a buzzfeed top 10 taco places article.
That's the Codex Hivemind for you. :shittydog:

FreeKaner

DARK SOULS is apparently a better RPG than the following games:

BG1
Darklands
KOTOR 1 & 2
TOEE
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Wizardy 6 & 7 (even though blobbers are autistic, like wtf man)
Mass Effect 1
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
and others that I didn't play becaue I am not 150 years old

Amazing list honestly, a thing of beauty

imweasel

The top 70 list is indeed a bit strange, to put it lightly. The sample size was too small and the voting method was far from optimal, but that is a topic for another thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom