Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Wesp5

Arcane
I had contact with Rik over the years to get his unreleased music into the Unofficial Patch and he told me, that everything he gave me was what he made at the time. So I was rather surprised about all the new songs and also this time around Sony forbidd me to use them as well...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That would be pretty shitty. Paradox has said that they believe that this new version would be something fans would be happy with and if they throw out the final thread to the original, I am pretty sure Paradox has just made an even bigger uphill battle to convince people this is a Bloodlines "2".
Meh, doubt that it would've made much of a difference. VtMB was a product of its times and no sequel will be able to recapture that feel (and in the case of the OST in particular, I recall the guy saying during an interview that the music he composed was heavily influenced by the dark place that he was in at the time).

Yes, Rik had just been released from jail over some drug/substance abuse stuff iirc. He was going through a real rough patch when he got the composer job for Bloodlines.

Probably why it's such an atmospheric dark and melancholic soundtrack.

BruceVC

Magister
Goddamn I thought something had happened to push BL2 forward!

oM6ZWtm.png

5f5Aj59.jpg
This game going to be great, I hope it gets finally released

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That would be pretty shitty. Paradox has said that they believe that this new version would be something fans would be happy with and if they throw out the final thread to the original, I am pretty sure Paradox has just made an even bigger uphill battle to convince people this is a Bloodlines "2".

Is "More Music From The Vault" actually all of the BL2 work he did? He said did about an hour of original work for BL2 and I don't think the new BL2 theme is in there. The BL2 soundtrack was set for release in November of 2020, IIRC.
While unfortunate to lose him, it's entirely possible TCR thought his music would be inappropriate for the specific game they're making. :M They also have their own composer they're terribly fond of (Dan Pinchbeck's wife :P).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Project names
I don't think that's the GAME project, but merely a project for wwise studio. It's likely for a single character.
I'm admittedly unfamiliar with this software but the full list of events are "Default Work Unit, Ambience, Character, Combat, Cutscenes, Dialogue, Music, Physics, States" and at that point it's cut off.
And how does that have to do with Bloodlines? Dude. You're reaching. This project is dead. Move on with your life.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And how does that have to do with Bloodlines? Dude. You're reaching. This project is dead. Move on with your life.
I've already been over this in the thread. This is more hinting. There can be no actual reveal until Paradox says so and that's not going to happen until they're locked into a definite release window. I have read that in the official World of Darkness discord, any message with "The Chinese Room" gets auto-filtered whereas "CD Projekt" and "Harebrained Schemes" are not, which is a rather funny and counter-productive way of trying to keep something a secret.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've already been over this in the thread.
What makes you think I've been reading or following this thread?
This is more hinting.
Looks like reaching to me.
I have read that in the official World of Darkness discord, any message with "The Chinese Room" gets auto-filtered whereas "CD Projekt" and "Harebrained Schemes" are not, which is a rather funny and counter-productive way of trying to keep something a secret.
What if this whole thing is a nothing burger. Gotta be skeptical about these types of things. Especially when it surrounds a project that lost its stars. Had a couple of controversies. Then a publisher that goes silent for years about it. Even if this is coming out in the future; what makes you think it'll resemble a cohesive product that'll be fun to play.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What makes you think I've been reading or following this thread?
Then why are you here?
Even if this is coming out in the future; what makes you think it'll resemble a cohesive product that'll be fun to play.
I'm expecting a funny disappointment, which is why I'm following it. I was never enthused about this, nor would I ever be.

Is "More Music From The Vault" actually all of the BL2 work he did? He said did about an hour of original work for BL2 and I don't think the new BL2 theme is in there. The BL2 soundtrack was set for release in November of 2020, IIRC.
While unfortunate to lose him, it's entirely possible TCR thought his music would be inappropriate for the specific game they're making. :M They also have their own composer they're terribly fond of (Dan Pinchbeck's wife :P).
At least she’s pretty good, I’m just baffled that Paradox would be fine with cutting the last person that made Bloodlines Bloodlines even though they publicly cut Mitsoda, whose vision for Bloodlines 2 clashed with what Paradox were hoping for, apparently

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I would like this to be a proper horror RPG game. The name urban simply doesn't strike me as such. Urban can mean something mundane. VTMB2 should do something more to create thrilling horror experience.

Here's something from Dusk Golem (from a ResetEra thread lol) that doesn't really say much but IDK kinda sayS something:

"I have so much I want to say, but shouldn't. I don't really think things not working was Hardsuit's or Paradox's fault for the record, they just had VERY different visions of what was important to focus on for the game (and I'll just say I tend to agree with one side more than the other as a fan of the first game)"

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would like this to be a proper horror RPG game. The name urban simply doesn't strike me as such. Urban can mean something mundane. VTMB2 should do something more to create thrilling horror experience.
Interesting take. The original Bloodlines certainly had plenty of horror elements, and even pure horror levels like Ocean House and the Tsimizce human leather lair. Horror wasn't the central theme though in my opinion. I'd certainly love a great horror RPG but I don't think Bloodlines 2 should be the name on it.

Wesp5

Arcane
Here's something from Dusk Golem (from a ResetEra thread lol) that doesn't really say much but IDK kinda sayS something:

"I have so much I want to say, but shouldn't. I don't really think things not working was Hardsuit's or Paradox's fault for the record, they just had VERY different visions of what was important to focus on for the game (and I'll just say I tend to agree with one side more than the other as a fan of the first game)"

This is very similar to what the German producer told me: The game HSL originally pitched to Paradox and which they started to create was not the game that Paradox wanted years later. Why that was the case is anyone's guess though...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom