Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
man I remember when I was like, 'I wish cdpr was making this game instead'
What is the difference? They both will be done in 10 years and both are extremely buggy on release and will cost shit ton of money to their publishers.
the joke is that every game i look forward to dies

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What is the difference? They both will be done in 10 years and both are extremely buggy on release and will cost shit ton of money to their publishers.
Hmmm then look forward to star citizen,it had outlived most of its initial backers! No way it could die one day!

Delterius

Arcane
Hmmm then look forward to star citizen,it had outlived most of its initial backers! No way it could die one day!
no way i'm not going to the same circle of hell as chris roberts once all those backers start killing themselves

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
no way i'm not going to the same circle of hell as chris roberts once all those backers start killing themselves
4lr4ha.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
god damn i don't even want vtmb2 to suck, i don't want it to be another fucking tortanic, i just wanted another sleazy dingy paranormal deus ex-y rpg with vampire politics. why the fuck does Current Year have to be so cruel???

"Sleazy", what's that? It's not in the revised 2021 edition of 'Newspeak'. No wait, there's a small footnote in "Exploitative Cis-Scum".

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The problem is that the project is obviously in development hell rather than prolonged development.
More time never fixes a project in development hell.

Can you elaborate on the differences? And how do you get in and out of dev hell? I know what it roughly is, Duke Nukem Forever took the titular amount of time to make and was mediocre for time and costs but I would like to have more examples.
Biggest difference is that development hell involves the project changing hands or significant changes in the key developer positions or management structure, typically after deadlines have already been missed.
Basically the only news about vtmb2 for a while now has involved someone (usually important) being fired or more delays.

The open positions they're hiring for are also a good sign that this game was never anywhere near being finished despite wanting a March 2020 release date. Combined with a lack of any real information(how much have they released about the actual RPG side of the game, really?) means it's looking pretty grim.

This game was supposed to release almost a year ago. Have they even shown us a character sheet yet? Do we know anything about character stats or abilities?

[edit]
oh yeah, they also brought in an outside consultant to help push the game out the door didn't they?

I feel teh shadow of VAPORWARE above the thread ahah.

P.S. This thread suddenly generates a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If the game never materializes it would be for the best. The worst possible outcome is a completely fucked up release.
The chance of this being in any way worthwhile have become zero either way.

Vatnik Wumao
There's another WoD of darkness RPG in the works though. Vampire Swansong. It's probably going to be released earlier than Bloodlines 2 at this rate.

Latelistener

Arcane
Judging by The Council, it will be a lot better too.

I've played only the first episode and it was great, but I heard the later episodes became worse.

The only problem is that it's in Epic's jail, which means it won't exist until release + 1 year after that (still earlier than Bloodlines 2 though).

Flying Dutchman

Learned
After Roguey (I think?) pointed out the Lead Designer posting had gone from Hardsuit, I did a search on LinkedIn to see if there was a new Lead Designer...

No luck from a casual search, but as a bonus, LinkedIn shows you who used to work at Hardsuit, which would make for a fun complilation aside from the already-known names.

Vatnik Wumao

I've played only the first episode and it was great, but I heard the later episodes became worse.

The only problem is that it's in Epic's jail, which means it won't exist until release + 1 year after that (still earlier than Bloodlines 2 though).

Swansong apparently references events in Bloodlines 2, so it's meant to be a follow up. At least originally.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Swansong apparently references events in Bloodlines 2, so it's meant to be a follow up. At least originally.
So they're making a sequel to a sequel. One that didn't release yet and probably won't. I'm sorry, is this real life? I think I got off at the wrong station.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So they're making a sequel to a sequel. One that didn't release yet and probably won't. I'm sorry, is this real life? I think I got off at the wrong station.

Swansong takes place on the other side of the country. They said there would be easter egg references, that's all.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
- Did you hear about all the things that happened in Seattle?

- Of course bro I'd give anything to be part of those events we can't describe for some reason.

- Yeah.
Well....the best chance for this game getting released is if it gets looted during the mostly peaceful gathering with molotovs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom