Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Generic-Giant-Spider

If there's such a thing as Vampire gonorrhea, Damsel is the one you can safely bet on having it.

I'll tell you if this is a thing when I get all up in dem guts.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
People who do art for free:

kseniya-sydorenko-damsel-ksydorianart.jpg

People who do art for money:

vampire-tmb-2-damsel-revelacao-trailer.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Still fantasizing about a game that will never materialize? You sad sad people.

Oh, they'll release it, at some undetermined point. Sunken cost fallacy and all that. Even Duke Nukem Forever got released eventually despite all odds. I expect the same level of quality from Bloodlines 2 as well.

This thread is nothing but wishful thinking. Children playing make-believe.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
This thread is nothing but wishful thinking. Children playing make-believe.

Nigga, my wishful thinking is that this never sees the light of day (har-har) because I'm reasonably certain they'll botch it so fucking hard it just might taint my fond memories of the original.

But it very likely will come out, at some point. They already bought the license (I doubt those CYOA Vampire games are making enough money to justify the investment) and spent too much resources on it to just let it die.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Miyazaki is secretly making VTMB2. Read between the lines:

Miyazaki described himself as a big fan of Martin's work. He has the deep cuts to back it up. "I loved A Song of Ice and Fire as well as the Tuf Voyaging series, however, if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say Fevre Dream," Miyazaki said. "I personally see Fevre Dream as a masterpiece among vampire fantasy and had even previously recommended it to all new employees."
https://www.newsweek.com/elden-ring-gameplay-george-martin-grrm-game-thrones-miyazaki-1443435

4 new pages in Bloodlines 2 thread! Was there some announcement?!

Oh. At least it's better than Rudi being posted again.

There was some Steam API leak. Placeholder date, obviously. Bloodlines 2 for 29 December 2023.

Nothing that verifies The Chinese Room as the studio.

Last edited:

Vincente

Arbiter
Speaking of faith, does anyone have the depiction of a Baali boy seducing a Catholic priest, stripping him naked, then stuffing bugs down his throat and sewing it shut? Saw it ages ago but now I can't find it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I missed this from last year but it's an explanation from a gamedev on why the new studio (presumably TCR) will be scrapping everything except maybe art and starting over: https://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/644203572507082752/a-bunch-of-you-have-questions-about-project

Is another studio going to pick up where Hardsuit left off for VampTheMBlood2?

Let me be clear here - (this iteration of) VampTheMBlood2 has been cancelled. The current completed work on the project is effectively abandoned; there is very little chance that another studio will be brought in to pick up where Hardsuit Labs left off. Projects of this scope are enormous endeavors with a huge amount of institutional knowledge. Only the current team of developers know how the things they built work. Any new developer who obtains the old project assets and code would have to spend months, possibly years, trying to piece things together - much like archaeologists try to figure out how ancient civilizations did things.

By removing Hardsuit Labs from the project, Paradox is removing all people who know anything about how the project works. If the current project were salvageable, it would (in a worst case scenario) be something similar to what happened with the Kerbal Space Program 2, where the publisher cancelled the contract with the developer studio and hired many individual dev team members from the former studio to continue work on the project. That institutional knowledge of how things work is invaluable if the same project code and assets are to be used. This is clearly not the case with VampTheMBlood2. Paradox is ok with dumping the work done and starting over.

What are the common causes for project’s cancellation like this?

Projects far into the development cycle are usually cancelled for a few major reasons. The first is the reality of the numbers - getting from the current state of the project to where it needs to be in order to ship is not feasible within the available time and budget in combination with the current team. The amount of development time needed could, for example, place the finished release in a terrible place on the schedule, competing with its own publisher’s other products or with a licensor or other major competitors. The required additional budget could push it way too far into the monetary loss category, especially when additional costs and factors like a new marketing campaign or changing market trends are considered.

But Paradox said VampTheMBlood2 is still coming!

It (probably) is, but it will likely be a completely new game from a completely new developer, rather than something built from the remnants of Hardsuit’s cancelled code and assets.

Vincente

Arbiter
I missed this from last year but it's an explanation from a gamedev on why the new studio (presumably TCR) will be scrapping everything except maybe art and starting over
Does this mean they will also scrap the locations and presumably, original characters? AFAIK Hardsuit picked Seattle because that's where they lived.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I kinda of hope the location stays the same. I can't say I've played many games set in Seattle and a rainy city like that seems like a good location for this kind of game.

Trithne

Erudite
Only the current team of developers know how the things they built work
When you build shit software that is probably hardly documented, this is true.

Games make the average development project look fucking utopian in comparison. Games manage to have negative documentation.

VampTheMBlood2

Who the fuck came up with this and am I supposed to be reading it as "Vamp Them Blood" like some sort of emo Crip?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I kinda of hope the location stays the same. I can't say I've played many games set in Seattle and a rainy city like that seems like a good location for this kind of game.
There are a slight chances we get progressive, pretentious and woke Seattle while raining all night and day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom