Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Please be CDPR...

:greatjob:

So what are your picks for the two different styles of games separated by a title screen? According to the weapons-grade copium being deployed by CDPR's own flavor of TheResistance Anti-Fascist Corporate National Army, along with CDPR's NetWatch further taking this meta by deleting several days from threads because their PR has achieved EA/Richard Garriott levels of lying douche, Half-Ass Effect / Open World w/Less Life Than Dying Light worked amazingly well for Cyberpunk'd.

We already know the story elements will be taken from what CDPR could import to Poland and circus monkey with, so expect a storyline that feels like they're ripping off 20 years ago. The mechanics will be circa right there, too.

:hmmm: Hmmm....

Last edited:
Please be CDPR...

:greatjob:
Not sure if I could agree, but I'll concede a point.
Cyberpunk turned out to be a complete shitshow, but if there's a thing that they absolutely nailed were these close-up dialogues with major NPCs, which is a cornerstone of what defined the "Bloodlines experience".

Also, this is all highly speculative talking, because there's not a fucking chance in hell it's them.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Not sure if I could agree, but I'll concede a point.
Cyberpunk turned out to be a complete shitshow, but if there's a thing that they absolutely nailed were these close-up dialogues with major NPCs, which is a cornerstone of what defined the "Bloodlines experience".

Either I've become jaded on the approach since the first incarnations of Talking Heads, or I was too busy trying to ignore how Half-Ass Effect Cyberpunk'd speech system turned out more Railroaded than Fallout 4 to notice anything but how like most of the game it's clearly fucked for "innovation" and indeed needs to be "taken back 20 years". The only thing CDPR did there was achieve EA Poland.

Semiurge

Cipher
So what are your picks for the two different styles of games separated by a title screen? According to the weapons-grade copium being deployed by CDPR's own flavor of TheResistance Anti-Fascist Corporate National Army, along with CDPR's NetWatch further taking this meta by deleting several days from threads because their PR has achieved EA/Richard Garriott levels of lying douche, Half-Ass Effect / Open World w/Less Life Than Dying Light worked amazingly well for Cyberpunk'd.

We already know the story elements will be taken from what CDPR could import to Poland and circus monkey with, so expect a storyline that feels like they're ripping off 20 years ago. The mechanics will be circa right there, too.

:hmmm: Hmmm....

What are the alternatives? Two-bit journeymen companies that churn out unremarkable walking simulators and shooters. Face the music, CDPR is our only hope of a decent spiritual sequel. They at least have experience with RPGs.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
What are the alternatives? Two-bit journeymen companies that churn out unremarkable walking simulators and shooters. Face the music, CDPR is our only hope of a decent spiritual sequel. They at least have experience with RPGs.

*blinks* Oh. Okay. Well then. Nobody tell him about Cyberpunk 2077.
Not unless you're the sort to enjoy crushing puppies heart AND soul, and I'm just not that kind of asshole today.

Semiurge

Cipher

Not unless you're the sort to enjoy crushing puppies heart AND soul, and I'm just not that kind of asshole today.

Another CP77 is better than the abomination we almost got. It's the difference between shit that has some outstanding elements in it, and plain shit. None of these small studios could've made CP77 the way it is now.

0wca

Learned

Another CP77 is better than the abomination we almost got. It's the difference between shit that has some outstanding elements in it, and plain shit. None of these small studios could've made CP77 the way it is now.

Either way it's still shit, and I'm not playing it lol.

PlacidDragon

Educated
I'm actually a bit pleased that the game we saw from the trailers sort of got the axe. I hope the new studio is building up from scratch.
That would absolutely be preferable, yes. But they probably wont.. they are reportedly sticking with the UE4 engine, so they'll probably re-use whatever assets they can. What worries me is that Hardsuit was a company with 20 years experience in the UE engine, and yet they managed to cock it up so bad that the game was practically unplayable (laggy animations, "slideshow-esque" panning around, etc).. If the "new team" re-uses a little bit too much, we'll probably be right back where we started (or left, as it was...lol) :)

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Clownshow Department PR supposedly being "our only hope of a decent spiritual sequel" is no reason to open consumer whore mouth for concessions, because you're not going to like the Keanu they're going to shove in replacing all the sweet lies they were telling you based on their one non-total-shitshow of Witcher 3 and their recent application to become EA Poland.

If you really need to have "more Bloodlines" then consider what it is you're asking for, and then see how you're willing to concede to achieve what you think you want.
Then, after that, you should probably evaluate if it's even worth it at all.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
this thread is probably the winner among all genres and is particularly impressive for having reached 555 pages in just 3 years
That's the power of the big goth tiddy GF, *ahem* I mean Mitsoda.

But really PoE is quite likely the legitimate winner. Looking just at PoE II, you have a 429p Pre-release thread, a 442p Beta thread, a 365p Pre-DLC thread, and a 419p Post-DLC thread. It's basically the same thread split at convenient times. The Codex looooves to be butthurt about PoE.

Smerlus

Educated
I was hoping this topic would die until actual updates of this train wreck occurred. I'm just waiting to hear who the clean up crew they hired is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom