Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Hellraiser

Arcane
They wanted Vampire 2077 to be made

Vampire 2077 would have been a major improvement over this.

I mean that would mean it has an open city, guns, melee weapons, actual inventory and character creation. This is on top of kind of deus-ex lite small sidequest set pieces which IMO were way better and far closer to Bloodlines 1 than the POS with magnetic-pull ghoul punching the chinese turd showed us in the trailer.

Cyberpunk has a ton of issues in the design, but holy fuck this looks way worse.

RagingNomad

Educated
They wanted Vampire 2077 to be made

Vampire 2077 would have been a major improvement over this.

I mean that would mean it has an open city, guns, melee weapons, actual inventory and character creation. This is on top of kind of deus-ex lite small sidequest set pieces which IMO were way better and far closer to Bloodlines 1 than the POS with magnetic-pull ghoul punching the chinese turd showed us in the trailer.

Cyberpunk has a ton of issues in the design, but holy fuck this looks way worse.
How did you compare a AAA project to an AA project? They're literally different budgets. Cyberpunk 2077 is garbage.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
How did you compare a AAA project to an AA project? They're literally different budgets.

>you need AAA money for your game to have Character Creation

Yeah, I guess Y-hweh himself at some point declared that if your game's budget is anywhere under 10 trillion dollars, you have no choice but to make a game in which you're forced to play a 300-year-old urban hipster lesbian called P H Y R E that doesn't even have a goddamn inventory.

Hellraiser

Arcane
How did you compare a AAA project to an AA project? They're literally different budgets. Cyberpunk 2077 is garbage.

1) It was a disagreement to the claim that paradox is making a cyberpunk 2077 clone. Way to miss the point.
2) So the extra A is what gets you inventory, character creation, melee weapons and guns in the game? I can agree on the open city as far as budgets go.
3) Less garbage than this, see point 2.

RagingNomad

Educated
In VtmB you couldn't actually create a character, only allocate points in the character sheet. That's all. And here you're free to take a male character. And what makes you think she's a lesbian? And do you really out of all gameplay care more about inventory? Cringe.
How did you compare a AAA project to an AA project? They're literally different budgets.

>you need AAA money for your game to have Character Creation

Yeah, I guess Y-hweh himself at some point declared that if your game's budget is anywhere under 10 trillion dollars, you have no choice but to make a game in which you're forced to play a 300-year-old urban hipster lesbian called P H Y R E that doesn't even have a goddamn inventory.

Harthwain

Magister
In VtmB you couldn't actually create a character, only allocate points in the character sheet. That's all.
Um, about that...:

large.png

This is from Vampire: The Masquerade, the PnP version.

Spukrian

Savant
My only major peeve with DX4 is the forced third person for stealth, cover, takedowns and ladders. I just outright refused to use it in stealth and combat - crouch for cover, X-ray vision to get my bearings while sneaking, all FPP. The only TPP I want in a DX game is for dialogue.
I tried doing FPP only in HR & MD but it seemed like enemies could easily detect me if I didn't go into TPP. Very annoying.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It's 2024, even fucking Colony Ship RPG allows you to customize the character's appearance during creation in addition to allocating attributes/skill points, and that game was made with ukrainian slave labor and funded by Vince through defrauding his kids' college fund or something.

RagingNomad

Educated
In VtmB you couldn't actually create a character, only allocate points in the character sheet.

I could also allocate a name, instead of it having to be called fucking P H Y R E.

And what makes you think she's a lesbian?

P H Y R E
A completely useless name that accomplishes nothing. What's it for, then? Bullshit. And what's wrong with you? How did you figure out the character's identity from the name? Take some pills.

Gargaune

Arcane
I tried doing FPP only in HR & MD but it seemed like enemies could easily detect me if I didn't go into TPP. Very annoying.
Think of it as a difficulty upgrade, stealth is now tougher on your bioenergy management. Just use the X-Ray vision to plan your moves and the Cloak aug on the regular, it works.

Oh, and turn off the minimap in your UI settings, Deus Ex games shouldn't have minimaps. Well, most games shouldn't have minimaps, but especially Deus Ex.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

RagingNomad

Educated
In VtmB you couldn't actually create a character, only allocate points in the character sheet. That's all.
Um, about that...:

large.png

This is from Vampire: The Masquerade, the PnP version.
So, you're telling me that Baldurs Gate 3 or Cyberpunk 2077 also have character sheets like from the tabletop RPGs of the same name, right? Right? No, then what are we talking about? The developers of VtMB put in a character sheet conventionally, otherwise they have tons of conventions, because a tabletop RPG can't be thoroughly ported. And the character sheet isn't really any different from the same progression branch. It's literally the same thing, just visualized differently.

Spukrian

Savant
Think of it as a difficulty upgrade, stealth is now tougher on your bioenergy management. Just use the X-Ray vision to plan your moves and the Cloak aug on the regular, it works.

Oh, and turn off the minimap in your UI settings, Deus Ex games shouldn't have minimaps. Well, most games shouldn't have minimaps, but especially Deus Ex.
I'll do that if I ever replay them (unlikely).

user

Savant
So, you're telling me that Baldurs Gate 3 or Cyberpunk 2077 also have character sheets like from the tabletop RPGs of the same name, right? Right? No, then what are we talking about? The developers of VtMB put in a character sheet conventionally, otherwise they have tons of conventions, because a tabletop RPG can't be thoroughly ported. And the character sheet isn't really any different from the same progression branch. It's literally the same thing, just visualized differently.

1_Blood_Buff.jpg
Syndicate_skill_tree.jpg

95YQGyl.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom