Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Wesp5

Arcane
The fun thing is that the sheriff sword is an working weapon, so I made him drop it in the plus patch once he turns into the marauder and the player can use it. This gives off some serious anime vibes ;)!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I mentioned this in the news post too, but TCR seems to always refer to Phyre in she/her terms.

I know this is a WoD product and this is something they have a weird boner for, but I'm also starting to think that malevamp might get cut. We haven't seen anything for malevamp outside of 1 or 2 concept drawings.

Now consider this, for this massively cut-down RPG, they have to record double the player dialogue, change anytime another VA uses pronouns, and have completely different body models, lip-synching as well as possibly outfits.

For basically what is a pure aesthetic choice in an adventure game.

Shaja

Educated
So I mentioned this in the news post too, but TCR seems to always refer to Phyre in she/her terms.

I know this is a WoD product and this is something they have a weird boner for, but I'm also starting to think that malevamp might get cut. We haven't seen anything for malevamp outside of 1 or 2 concept drawings.

Now consider this, for this massively cut-down RPG, they have to record double the player dialogue, change anytime another VA uses pronouns, and have completely different body models, lip-synching as well as possibly outfits.

For basically what is a pure aesthetic choice in an adventure game.
According to the Q&A from WoD, the concept of Phyre started as female that´s why they kept saying "her", but then enabled the choice to be male.

They haven´t showed it up yet cause it´s just not finished, just like the Ventrue abilities, or the rest of the whole game.

sosmoflux

Educated
That's his point bro
It's been this long
They probably don't even have a male option

Häyhä

Arbiter
By the way, a bit off-topic. But in case you are thirsty of more low budget vampire stuff:

Live-ALive-Box-Art.jpg

Nicely stolen.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
have completely different body models
Lol, no. Even in concept art the "male" vamp looked like a lady-like tranny, with largely the same facial and body features as the butch androgynous lesbo dumpsterphyre.

At that point, just have the female VA doing a deeper voice and be done with the whole charade.

I'll snap off a "told ya so" if that happens.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
A counterfeit game that will fail just like its original and for the same reasons.

Failures of the modern gaming industry provide me with more entertainment than the games they create.

jungl

Augur
Most intimidating Sheriff ever. Just exudes raw authority and power.

bloodlines2-phyre-outfit2-logo-1698768003115.png

Or maybe they're trying to sell me some cheap heroin in some back alley idk.
Whats the lore explanation for this? Was powerslap, bareknuckle fighting and meth around during xirs embrace?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's clear the devs have no sense of style or understanding of WoD aesthetics. (Granted, latter have always been questionable.)

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Most intimidating Sheriff ever. Just exudes raw authority and power.

bloodlines2-phyre-outfit2-logo-1698768003115.png

Or maybe they're trying to sell me some cheap heroin in some back alley idk.
Whats the lore explanation for this? Was powerslap, bareknuckle fighting and meth around during xirs embrace?

Well, Banu Haqim is a gypsy clan.
Banu_Haqim_V5.jpg

Image appatently comes from previous interpretations of the clan. Yeah, stereotypical gypsy imagery, but cool to look at.

This Sherrif's design is just boring, though. Maybe non-Americans find a boy wearing a hoodie amazing and invading a space defying stereotypes, but the guy just looks like a bog standard street dealer. Uninspired.

Zlaja

Arcane
Is the whole "Masquerade" thing an allegory for being in the closet? Is that why this is so popular with homos? Also, I assume sucking people's blood in a back alley is an allegory for being a male prostitute.

Semiurge

Cipher
have completely different body models
Lol, no. Even in concept art the "male" vamp looked like a lady-like tranny, with largely the same facial and body features as the butch androgynous lesbo dumpsterphyre.

At that point, just have the female VA doing a deeper voice and be done with the whole charade.

I'll snap off a "told ya so" if that happens.

They never promised that you could play with a male PC model, only that you can play as a male. Which could mean that at best you get to choose a pronoun that has absolutely no effect as even enemies refer to you as a "they/them" either way. A cosmetic choice to satisfy the demand for modern idpol sensibilities.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Well, Banu Haqim is a gypsy clan.
No, that;s Ravnos. And shame on you for not using "Assamite".

I must have messed something up. I followed the latest system changes only on the fan Wikipedia, which is not very accurate when it comes to the latest changes. It seemed to me that these two clans were merged into one.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Something tells me that the differences between clans in the game will be rather cosmetic.

Wesp5

Arcane
I never understood why they changed Assamites to Banu Haquim in V5. I mean most of the clans have an almost audible connection to what kind of characters they represent, but I never heard Banu Haquim before! Assamites directly gave the impression of assassins though, which obviously was exactly what the old VtM intended...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom