Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

ind33d

Learned
VTM was supposed to be a trilogy? Jesus Christ, what a tragedy

Oh god, Cain even saw the reviews to figure out what mechanics to change but the reviews were all positive so there was nothing to fix :negative:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
VTMB needs no sequel.
They can make however many sequels in that universe. The question is whether they'll be as good as vtmb 1. And the answer is probably no. But hope dies last. You never know.
saw the reviews to figure out what mechanics to change but the reviews were all positive so there was nothing to fix
Yep, mindless praise. That's how you get Elden Ring.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sumo Digital paid millions for this guy and all they got out of the deal was a mobile game and part of a running-away simulator. He must be really unhappy with how growth has changed the culture if he's noping out this fast.

eb3

^ Much respect for this attitude though.

The President

Educated
It's been like 5 to 6 years since they were bought out, but what does happen to your studio when a founder runs away, who's actually leading them now?

Expectations have dropped to a new low though, assuming of course they even have the game. I suppose we'll find out in September.

Did HBS actually develop anything of note that was turn-based and rather small scaled? Seems like a weird choice to hire for one the bigger Games Paradox ever tried their hands on.

RagingNomad

Educated
Did HBS actually develop anything of note that was turn-based and rather small scaled? Seems like a weird choice to hire for one the bigger Games Paradox ever tried their hands on.
This was an initiative of HBS to make new Bloodlines.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
but what does happen to your studio when a founder runs away, who's actually leading them now?
Ian Thomas is the new narrative director.

I’ve written and designed story for many different types of interactive media. My credits include narrative design, character creation, world design, dialogue, prose, and voice direction for PC, console, VR, AR, and mobile games.

I’ve worked on over 100 games, interactive events, and immersive experiences. Alongside co-founding Talespinners, I was nominated for a Writers’ Guild of Great Britain Award as Story Lead on Frictional Games‘ horror title, Amnesia: Rebirth and I was Narrative Director at Ubisoft Stockholm on a brand new cloud-based heavily procedural IP. I’m regularly asked to consult for companies to help them shape and polish the story for their game.

I’ve held a wealth of roles as a programmer, technical architect and CTO. I spent a long time running software teams creating interactive TV systems and produced over 40 educational games.

In 2009, I threw all that in to work in the mainstream games industry, where I’ve since worked as a programmer and designer for gameplay, systems and tools on a wide range of triple-A and indie titles across all sorts of platforms – including SOMA and the LittleBigPlanet and LEGO franchises.

Seems pretty Pinchbeck-adjacent.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
VTM was supposed to be a trilogy? Jesus Christ, what a tragedy
Activision murdered Bloodlines and Troika.

All Bloodlines needed was a few more months in the oven. They deserve to burn in hell for what they took from us.

There was a reason why Acclaim splited from Activision (fun fact - Activision was split itself form Atari).

JBro

Arbiter
I always had an idea for a sequel plot thread where Nines somehow takes over LA to keep the Anarchs united and free of the Camarilla, and in doing so becomes worse than Lacroix ever was, but with good intentions.

Wesp5

Arcane
Tim Cain recently explained in his videos that Troika had planned two Bloodlines expansions that were sequels. In those the player flees from Barsow to Las Vegas after the events of the game...

0wca

Learned
I don't know in what reality this turns out to be a good game.

1. The developers got switched.
  2. The game is effectively in development hell.
  3. The lead writer is gone.
  4. The facial animations looked like they're fucking mannequins.
There's probably not even a studio based enough to do this sequel justice.

You think we'll ever see characters like Fat Larry, Pisha or Tseng ever again? You think the new radio station would even be capable of satire?

Not in this fucking climate.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You think we'll ever see characters like Fat Larry, Pisha or Tseng ever again? You think the new radio station would even be capable of satire?

I want it to be good, but it will be shit. Still, I can't cancel for the price I paid. If it's shit, I can at least laugh at it.

0wca

Learned

I want it to be good, but it will be shit. Still, I can't cancel for the price I paid. If it's shit, I can at least laugh at it.
This is why you shouldn't ever pre-order.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, I would cancel, but I am too curious. I'll deal with an $18 loss. There was a misprice at AllYouPlay some years back, and they honored the deal. I can share all the awesome catastrophic details with you guys.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is conversation happening as if Bloodlines 2 will be released any time in the foreseeable future? Is there some reason I missed to think it won't still be years coming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom