Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

hajro

Arbiter
Meh, this is basically pre cope excuse for the games weird tonal shifts that are incoming cause of hack writers.

The President

Educated
I know nothing of Sarah Longthorne, so hopefully she’ll do okay.

What comes to mind immediately in hearing you’re a trapped pawn to start is this is the way to railroad you and force you to follow the script. I would imagine it’s the excuse for an elder to wake up and not be able to say fuck it and leave.

Häyhä

Arbiter

What comes to mind immediately in hearing you’re a trapped pawn to start is this is the way to railroad you and force you to follow the script. I would imagine it’s the excuse for an elder to wake up and not be able to say fuck it and leave.

Well, that is every videogame ever made for you. Unless you count those few games that have a funny "ending" where you can basically "finish" the game right in the beginning by refusing to play and it will end your game.

Last edited:

StrongBelwas

Arcane
Patron

It doesn't sound too dissimilar from the bits where LaCroix would simply dominate you in Bloodlines when you get uppity, some form of structure is needed. Depends on how they execute it and ideally the shackle comes off long enough for some real C&C.

negator2vc

Scholar
That might very well be true, I'm not familiar with her later games at all. People almost never can accomplish in their later life what they accomplished in their early-mid adulthood which is usually peak creative time for creative people, be that in film, literature, music or video games.
In many cases we aren talking about FULL decline, especially in current year.
Thankfully Jensen retired from game dev around 2014-2015 I believe.
These days I think she write gay romance novels under a pen name.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
If we're talking about our fantasies and vampire needs, I'd love to see something about the Giovanni clan. Just think about the combination of The Godfather, vampires and all that other occult nonsense.
You don't have to be particularly talented to come up with something like this. The scripts write themselves! How uncreative and untalented do you have to be to just repeat proven patterns?

That might very well be true, I'm not familiar with her later games at all. People almost never can accomplish in their later life what they accomplished in their early-mid adulthood which is usually peak creative time for creative people, be that in film, literature, music or video games.
In many cases we aren talking about FULL decline, especially in current year.
Thankfully Jensen retired from game dev around 2014-2015 I believe.
These days I think she write gay romance novels under a pen name.

Specifically, as Eli Easton:

"A Kiss in the Dark" (2013) (a novella part of Closet Capers anthology)
Before I Wake (2013)[17]
The Lion and the Crow (2013)[14]
Superhero (2013)
The Trouble with Tony (2013)
Puzzle Me This (2013)
"Caress" (2013) (a novella part of Steamed Up anthology)
Blame it on the Mistletoe (2013)
A Prairie Dog’s Love Song (2013)
The Enlightenment of Daniel (2013)
"Reparation" (2014) (a novella part of Stitch anthology)
Heaven Can't Wait (2014)
The Mating of Michael (2014)
"The Bird" (2014) (a novella part of Bones anthology)
Unwrapping Hank (2014)
A Midwinter Night's Dream (2015)
"Among the Dead" (2015) (a novella part of Spirit anthology)
The Stolen Suitor (2016)
A Second Harvest (2016)
Falling Down (2016)
Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles (2016)
How to Howl at the Moon (2015)
How to Walk Like a Man (2015)
How to Wish Upon a Star (2016)
A Second Harvest (2016)
How to Save a Life (2017)
Tender Mercies (2017)
Snowblind (2017)
Five Dares (2017)
Desperately Seeking Santa (2017)
Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride (2018)
Boy Shattered (2018)
Family Camp (2019)
How to Run With the Wolves (2019)
Angels Sing (2019)
Christmas Angel (2019)
The Redemption of River (2020)
Billy and the Beast (2020)
One Trick Pony (2021)
Schooling the Jock (co-written by Tara Lain) (2021)
Coaching the Nerd (co-written by Tara Lain) (2021)
Head to Head (co-written by Tara Lain) (2021)
Betting on his BF (co-written by Tara Lain) (2021)
The Best Gift (2021)
Hot Seat (co-written by Tara Lain) (2022)
Hot Wings (co-written by Tara Lain) (2022)
Hot Pursuit (2022)
A Changeling Christmas (2022)
12 Days of UPS (2022)
How to Love Thine Enemy (2023)
Solstice (co-written by RJ Scott) (2023)

Semiurge

Cipher
A game written by a woman will likely have the feminine writing style. :M

I think it is appropriate for a vampire game, a very feminine genre.

If you're referring to the use of the word 'darling' or 'honey' - using those to refer to the one spoken to is a part of the tranny culture now. It used to be a feminine thing once, but was adopted.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Starting up a new BL1 playthrough and thinking back to when Rhianne_man almost busted me. I was listening to the soundtrack while writing scripts and she wanted to know why I’d been listening to Mission Impossible for an hour. Not sure she bought that I’m a big Tom Cruise fan

Not the track I'd listen to for an hour, but it may inform what kind of tone they're going for.

Vincente

Arbiter

Starting up a new BL1 playthrough and thinking back to when Rhianne_man almost busted me. I was listening to the soundtrack while writing scripts and she wanted to know why I’d been listening to Mission Impossible for an hour. Not sure she bought that I’m a big Tom Cruise fan

Not the track I'd listen to for an hour, but it may inform what kind of tone they're going for.

At least she plays video games, that's more than what we can say about half of the game industry. (Or this forum for that matter.)

The President

Educated
Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, she almost got busted playing BL1 and another person thought she was listening to the Mission Impossible soundtrack.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Unless I’m reading this incorrectly, she almost got busted playing BL1 and another person thought she was listening to the Mission Impossible soundtrack.
She was listening to the Mission Impossible track from Bloodlines (the song that plays when you assault LaCroix's tower at the end) while writing dialogue for Bloodlines 2 and her friend was wondering why she was keeping that particular song on a loop (couldn't actually say because of NDAs).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Blech.
Playing a Tremere...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Blech.
Playing a Tremere...

What's wrong with tremere? Good outfits, good spells, unique housing.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Blech.
Playing a Tremere...

What's wrong with tremere? Good outfits, good spells, unique housing.

No one likes a Tremere...
They do indeed look cool in VTMB, but in tabletop and lore are absolute douchebags.
Do your part for the future of all Kindred and hate the Tremere!

Häyhä

Arbiter
It appears our superiority has caused some controversy once again

tremere.png

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I mean, if the Tremere had Obfuscate I'd love them more.
BTW can't they invent some copy of that discipline using their magic? Whatever, probably only a matter of time.
Until then, Obfuscate and Dementate seem to work pretty well. All the voices agree.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, if the Tremere had Obfuscate I'd love them more.
BTW can't they invent some copy of that discipline using their magic? Whatever, probably only a matter of time.
Until then, Obfuscate and Dementate seem to work pretty well. All the voices agree.
Username checks out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom