Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Herumor

Scholar
The haven looks like a garbage dump, given how it's overfilling with trash. Sure, Santa Monica haven had a poor-as-fuck vibe going for it, but this looks to be completely abandoned and parts of it look to be underground.

Vincente

Arbiter
The haven looks like a garbage dump, given how it's overfilling with trash. Sure, Santa Monica haven had a poor-as-fuck vibe going for it, but this looks to be completely abandoned and parts of it look to be underground.
Maybe it's upgradable? Having the secret vampire power up of calling the cleaning company crew or going to IKEA.

Wesp5

Arcane
I do actually like the look of the city so far. It looks like they kept the apartment that the player character from the HSL version was in.
If you look at videos from the HSL demo you see that this is not at all the haven the player inherited there. It was more modern!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Actually in WoD all cities and places looks similar but also have differences. In example, Chicago is the most prescribed city have impenetrable forest with werewolf's.
Curious what Seattle might be/have in the official WoD lore? I don't remember.

Caim

Arcane
Actually in WoD all cities and places looks similar but also have differences. In example, Chicago is the most prescribed city have impenetrable forest with werewolf's.
Curious what Seattle might be/have in the official WoD lore? I don't remember.
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Seattle_(WOD)

Seattle is a Camarilla stronghold that was run by vampires that have been there since the time of the pioneers, with the prince being the big mommy milkers we saw in the old trailers until she was overthown by the graying Ventrue we also see in the trailers. It used to be a base for attacks against the Anarchs until the Free State collapsed.

As for the other game lines, it's mostly Bone Gnawers and Glass Walkers there, with two Caerns on top of a notable population of Corax. There's also a branch office of Pentex there. As for the Mages it's a major stronghold for the Technocrats, with smaller Tradition enclaves around the place. Mage even has a book that describes an entire Chantry there, called Hidden Lore. For the Wraiths it's under sway of the native Americans, and it's part of the Changelings' Kingdom of Pacifica.

So there's plenty of crossover potential.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.shacknews.com/article/137362/bloodlines-2-creative-director-interview-2023

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 dev talks picking up where Hardsuit Labs left off​

The Creative Director also gives us some insight into how the team translates the 5th edition of VTM into an action-RPG.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 has been in development for a while, but it looks like the developers are starting to accelerate the hype train. As momentum builds, we tracked down the Creative Director on Bloodlines 2, Alex Skidmore, to pick his brain about developing a game like Bloodlines 2 and everything that comes with handling such a lauded franchise like Vampire: The Masquerade. Take a look!

“What is the Chinese Room’s answer to a vampire, action-RPG?” Skidmore said when discussing how the team approached taking over the reins of the game. According to Skidmore, this is The Chinese Room’s story, world, and gameplay and the team focused on how to faithfully adapt the fifth edition of Vampire: The Masquerade into a game, “It’s a bit like adapting a book into a film, you need to make certain creative choices.”

“We get to add some things to the IP in order to get it to work for an action game,” Skidmore said with a cheeky grin. It sounds as though fans of the series might be in store for a few surprises when the game releases. Our chat with Skidmore is packed full of juicy morsels, so make sure you check out the whole interview.

If you like what you saw in this interview, then we have some good news for you. There are a ton of other fantastic interviews about Bloodlines 2 you can check out on the Shacknews Interviews YouTube channel. Be sure to keep it locked to Shacknews as we bring you the latest on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, which is scheduled to release sometime in 2024.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
The screenshots look like mass-produced Steam shovelware. However, it could always be worse. For now, I don't see anything catastrophic, and the developers look obese and slimy enough for me to trust them.

If we get an average game without a ton of DLC microtransactions, I will consider it a great victory for modern gaming.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Let me present some examples what I mean as "mass-produced Steam shovelware" :

Visage

ss_9225719cee76a7904691ae11c13413173abe22f9.1920x1080.jpg

ss_9ca222a9ba7a1834d5477781edf821cf0813684f.1920x1080.jpg

Ghost Watchers

ss_9ad1d865046208c973f0a2a01716699bdb00a789.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1e9cd790a8b6b13d0bc66c7c3e8094e27358e5b3.1920x1080.jpg

The Outlast Trials

ss_1b8984215729aa8b70cfca0e0d42db23cf03a86c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_aa75eba5255570bb22c96dcb761189f5391d8d57.1920x1080.jpg

All screens looks like from one game :D

StrongBelwas

Arcane
Patron
Indoor horror game at night looks the same as another indoor horror game at night isn't terribly shocking.
Bloodlines 2 doesn't look amazing, but it seems serviceable enough and there is some atmosphere. The real question will be the character models and if it runs acceptably for the look or we'll have another performance mess on our hands.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And to be fair, the graphics engine and how it was used wasn't what made the first Bloodlines look cool; it was the content, especially the dark lighting which TCR is clearly taking great pains to do well here.

Not to say I wouldn't love it if B2 was made in the Source engine :)

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
"What sort of vampire are you, and how do you hunt?"

Am I reading too much into it to think "feeding" is going to be more important / developed as a mechanic, than in the original? I want to think "hunt" is more than just code for "combat".

One of the worst aspects about the original game was the extended periods of forced combat. I'm not surprised that they use a flashy topic like combat for trailers, but if one thing doesn't endure from the original, ideally it'd be those extended but extremely repetitive dungeons.

the developers look obese and slimy enough for me to trust them.
:what:

Caim

Arcane
"What sort of vampire are you, and how do you hunt?"

Am I reading too much into it to think "feeding" is going to be more important / developed as a mechanic, than in the original? I want to think "hunt" is more than just code for "combat".
I think it might have something to do with Blood Resonance, the mechanic introduced in the tabletop game's fifth edition where blood is affected by a person's mood. So if you drink by sneaking up on people you get a different effect from violently taking from them, scaring the shit out of them or offering to suck something else as well.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Resonance

Vincente

Arbiter
Am I reading too much into it to think "feeding" is going to be more important / developed as a mechanic, than in the original?
V5 has different feeding options for characters on the sheet like Alleycat (beat someone up in a dark alley and forcefully take their blood) Sandman (drink from the sleeping), Siren (seduce) and so on, it might be related to that.

I think it might have something to do with Blood Resonance
Might also.

Herumor

Scholar
And to be fair, the graphics engine and how it was used wasn't what made the first Bloodlines look cool
But still, Bloodlines is still noted today for one of the best facial animations in video games. It's amazing how it stands up so well to the test of time.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And to be fair, the graphics engine and how it was used wasn't what made the first Bloodlines look cool
But still, Bloodlines is still noted today for one of the best facial animations in video games. It's amazing how it stands up so well to the test of time.
That and the really good voice acting really helps in making the characters feel genuine and almost alive.
Brian Mitsoda himself voices several characters and even though he's no voice actor, you can tell he was having a lot of fun.
Leonard Boyarsky voices Carson.

The President

Educated
I do actually like the look of the city so far. It looks like they kept the apartment that the player character from the HSL version was in.
If you look at videos from the HSL demo you see that this is not at all the haven the player inherited there. It was more modern!
Looks like it was decorated by the guys in Fight Club, but same layout I think.

RagingNomad

Educated
Interesting that on boxes right there u can see Rostest's mark - organization of practical metrology and certification in the Russian Federation
23538c0e-3103-5934-b728-dbf683d20fd8

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom